• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting a trailer of FF7 because of the Walmart leak. Why would they add it in their database like the other games now when the game has been revealed 2 years ago? FF7 episode one will have some showing, maybe a loose release date like 'spring 2019' .
Regarding exclusivity, i never said they would make Shadows die twice exclusive

I know, just to clarify for everyone else

Regarding FF7 they said recently they had to start all over so I don't think we'll see it

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't that be at SE conference?
it could be anywhere tbh. IF it's coming out to Xbox at the same time somehow, it could even be at MS conference although I feel this is highly unlikely...
SE conference is before Sony so they could show it there but who knows they could save it up for Sony conference, or show different thing (trailer for SE conference, gameplay bits for Sony's).
But honestly I am not expecting much of FF7R.. I feel SE already have lots of stuff to show so they might hold it off..

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Huh? I didnt know about this.. start all over? You have a source? I know about the recent hiring but honestly this could be for future episodes..
last year they shifted from CC2 as main developer to internal development, and they had to remake a lot of stuff. I don't think they had to star all over in terms of everything, but a lot of stuff are different now like character design/models apparently..

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I still think it's strange no media outlet yet has gotten their invitations to the press conference. Should be next week at the latest - and that's already super late.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
last year they shifted from CC2 as main developer to internal development, and they had to remake a lot of stuff. I don't think they had to star all over in terms of everything, but a lot of stuff are different now like character design/models apparently..
While it is true that CC2's work wasn't up to S-E's standards for this game (or so it seems) and they basically fucked up and had to shift gears and go in-house, the character designs change is not unusual for Nomura, and I really doubt it's due to the whole mess with these outsourced companies.

CC2 wasn't probably working at a good speed and/or they weren't giving the results S-E wanted (so they're to blame for not thinking this through), but I doubt Cloud changing to a more FF VII-esque kind of design has much to do with this.

But yeah, I really doubt we're getting information on this game until, if we're lucky, this year's PSX or so.

:(

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Safe to say FF VII Remake is with trouble in it's development.

Should've lent it out to BluePoint and let them do the work.

Dreams should get a release date?

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
the two mid-generation refreshers in both the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X has prolonged the life of those two systems a little bit longer than usual too.

This just isn't true.

Games are still developed for the base consoles. While this may change on MS' side, the Pro isn't extending the lifecycle of the PS4 - what it's done is likely retain some users who might have gone to another platform, got some to spend on a mid-gen upgrade, possibly even pushed some into upgrading their TV...what it hasn't done is provide a new power baseline for devs to work from.

Also - I can't believe people are still confused about there being a conference. I mean it's in the OP, and blaming Sony for Nibel misinterpreting the phrase 'breaking with tradition' when in the context of Layden's sentence it's really fucking obvious that it refers to naming the 4 keynote titles to be featured in advance.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
The 4 of my most anticipated titles.

Ghosts, DS, and TLoU2 are going to look next-gen/mindblowing.

Can't wait.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I still think it's strange no media outlet yet has gotten their invitations to the press conference. Should be next week at the latest - and that's already super late.
Exactly. And that's why many immediately jumped to the conclusion that it's going to be a Nintendo style video. Ah, I just read the edited OP that there WILL be a press conference after all. Super odd about the invitations...

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. And that's why many immediately jumped to the conclusion that it's going to be a Nintendo style video. Ah, I just read the edited OP that there WILL be a press conference after all. Super odd about the invitations...
Did MS already sent theirs? Assuming of course Nintendo is still going with the Treehouse style.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
I was hyped before this news anyway still hope for some surprises (Japan studio i'm looking at you)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
You mean first party single player games?

Sony can still make first party multiplayer games, but previous gens have shown they aren't very good at either marketing them or making games people want to play (MAG, Socom etc.).

Nevertheless they should do it anyway because there's still a lot of people who haven't subscribed to PS Plus, i'm guessing they have no reason to play online at the moment?
TLoU 2 will likely have a very good MP mode (based on the 1st game). A lot of the people who haven't subscribed never will, as the either can't, don't want to or have no need to (account share with a family member or house mate who has PS+), them making a MP focused game won't do what the most popular MP focused games can't.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm not saying 35m isn't good, but Sony clearly are missing an exclusive multiplayer game.

What are they realistically going to make that's bigger than Fortnite, Call of Duty, Battlefield, or FIFA?

Let's get real here. Maybe they strike gold and come up with a global phenomenon, but in reality they're much better off serving a segment of the market where not only their strengths lie — but also that's being underrepresented by other pubs.

There are MORE than enough massive multiplayer franchises on the PS4 to drive subs, and you're never going to sell a membership to every single console owner. One exclusive multiplayer game will not change that.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a console multiplayer genre that is starving right now? The only one I can come up with is arcade sports. Maybe Sony should revive 989 Studios.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a console multiplayer genre that is starving right now? The only one I can come up with is arcade sports. Maybe Sony should revive 989 Studios.
Surprisingly we don't have a FPS Battle Royale game on console yet, but good fucking luck surviving once CoD and Battlefield Battle Royale drop or getting out before either.

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say those 4 games don't really sound all that appealing to me.

Where's Yakuza Kiwami 2 - I hope they give it a bit of screen time?

Where's Sony's exclusive multiplayer game? If they want to sell PS Plus memberships, they should really have a great multiplayer game to get people to buy PS Plus.

Not really. PS Plus is needed for COD, Battlefield, Overwatch, Destiny, GTA Online, RDR2 Online, Madden, FIFA, NBA2K, etc...

Oct 25, 2017
That's a bizarre way to look at it.

If it was me, I'd see that as 35m PS Plus subs not sold (assuming there's 70m odd PS4s out there).

I'm not saying 35m isn't good, but Sony clearly are missing an exclusive multiplayer game. How many single player story games have they made, the 4 games they are showing seem to be single player story driven games, as was GOW, Horizon, Uncharted 4, TLOU. And they reason I say it is, I was a PS Plus subscriber, but I can do my multiplayer on PC and buy single player games on PS4 and not really miss too much.

Not COD or any sports game. All those are dead on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be really surprised if FF VII-R was at Sony's conference, or even E3 in general.

The Walmart leak kinda gives me hope that it's appearing at Microsoft's, but it's still a pipe-dream and then there's the timed exclusivity thing, which, if the leak is to be believed for VII's case, could be no more? Because I doubt that they would announce the game for Xbox but as coming after Playstation's, they usually shut up and unsuccessfully try to say "it's exclusive for Xbox/PS!!" until it's not.

And I certainly don't think that the game is releasing soon enough that this preorder listing even for the delayed version of the game would be already available.

That would be really weird for a game first on PS4 to be at Microsoft's press conference.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
That would be really weird for a game first on PS4 to be at Microsoft's press conference.
Yeah, that's why I think they either dropped the whole timed exclusivity thing or that Xbox version of the game in Walmart is not truly legit (even though it's eventually coming). Although that Walmart list doesn't even necessarily indicate that this is an E3 thing, so for all we know they're including games far away.

But it'd be a bit weird, considering how there's no way FF VII-R is releasing this year and how it'd be, as of now, a PS4 timed exclusive (so the date for an Xbox version would be even further away, seeing as they love playing quiet when they do timed exclusives, like with Tomb Raider or Crash).

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's why I think they either dropped the whole timed exclusivity thing or that Xbox version of the game in Walmart is not truly legit (even though it's eventually coming). Although that Walmart list doesn't even necessarily indicate that this is an E3 thing, so for all we know they're including games far away.

But it'd be a bit weird, considering how there's no way FF VII-R is releasing this year and how it'd be, as of now, a PS4 timed exclusive (so the date for an Xbox version would be even further away, seeing as they love playing quiet when they do timed exclusives, like with Tomb Raider or Crash).

I think it is an error. 90% of games are multiplatform and whoever uploaded the entries may have done it automatically. It's like a listing for Mass Effect Trilogy on PS4 a few years ago or the Last of Us on Xbox One.

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
PS4's time is coming to an end, every major 1st party already recently released or are working on 2019 titles so that leaves future projects for the PS5, Dunno what people expected at the tail end of the generation, Game development costs and time has skyrocketed so the days of one studio releasing 3 or 4 games a generation are long gone...just look at Naughty Dog who released the entire uncharted trilogy along with a brand new ip in tlou all in one gen while barely managing to release uc4 and tlou 2 this gen.

U:TLL is just as big as any PS3 Uncharted if not more so (especially if you compare it to the first game) so it's 4 games vs 3 on PS4, obviously still a drop but not as big.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
XDev's job on this title is to extract the original game's resources from Studio Cambridge's archives, as I understand.

They might be doing that, but the actual developer should be a studio in Europe as that's what XDev is setup for. This is from their website

SONY XDEV FUNDS AND COLLABORATES WITH INDEPENDENT DEVELOPMENT
STUDIOS ACROSS EUROPE TO PUBLISH GREAT CONTENT ON PLAYSTATION® GLOBALLY.

https://www.sonyxdeveurope.com/

If you look at the games they've been involved with on their site you'll see that none of them have ever been developed internally or by a studio in the US.

That website also seems to be new and led me to their page on Wild, which seems to have artwork i've never seen before

wild-featured-xdev-sot8qg4.jpg

https://www.sonyxdeveurope.com/games/wild/

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I don't know why people want this. It's supposed to be a corny rip off of Mass Effect. The title is cool though,

I think folks are just keen on the idea of ND making a sci-fi epic in general. I for one would love to see them make a cyberpunk adventure in the vein of Blade Runner. Not just a game that encompasses shooty shooty bang bang stuff, but detective elements as well. Questioning NPCs, having an inventory, picking up items of interest, etc. That's the dream for me.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All that stuff Shawn Layden said in the blogcast that sparked this thread off in the first place seems so needless. I'm reading now there will be a traditional conference and the only thing that's changed is that Sony is preemptively declaring the focus will be on four titles, but there will be other stuff announced. So business as usual then, but it took a twitter response from Sid Shuman to clarify that. Why is Sony so seemingly eager to work against itself in the build up to the biggest gaming event of the year? Get your shit straightened up for chrissakes.

We had all this confusion prior to PSX last year as well. Unfortunately, in that particular case, the end result turned out worse than what most had expected. I hope history doesn't repeat itself here.

I want to see more of Ghost, don't care for Days Gone or Death and already know enough about Spider-Man (which looks like a total blast) but I'm hoping they surprise us this year because E3 as a whole was a total letdown. Problem is this is what happens when you blow your load early, you're bound to be unable to show off new stuff if you're constantly showcasing games years in advance. Sony still has the advantage of utilizing third party but then it's not really a Sony show is it?

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Keep hoping Sony get Sumo on board to repackage the PS All Stars name into a kart racer.

I know there's no chance, probably ever, but that's my one want.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I think folks are just keen on the idea of ND making a sci-fi epic in general. I for one would love to see them make a cyberpunk adventure in the vein of Blade Runner. Not just a game that encompasses shooty shooty bang bang stuff, but detective elements as well. Questioning NPCs, having an inventory, picking up items of interest, etc. That's the dream for me.

I'd be down for sci-fi from Naughty Dog for sure, but I'd want it to be more atypical than the Mass Effect or Blade Runner looks that dominate most sci-fi games aesthetics. Gimme a grimey, near-future noir game or something like Cowboy Bebop.

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for:

1. Crash Team Racing remake
2. Sly 5
3. Little Big Planet 4
4. Ratchet & Clank
5. Jak & Daxter remake
6. Ape Escape remake

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They might be doing that, but the actual developer should be a studio in Europe as that's what XDev is setup for. This is from their website

https://www.sonyxdeveurope.com/

If you look at the games they've been involved with on their site you'll see that none of them have ever been developed internally or by a studio in the US.

That website also seems to be new and led me to their page on Wild, which seems to have artwork i've never seen before

wild-featured-xdev-sot8qg4.jpg

https://www.sonyxdeveurope.com/games/wild/
Oh wow, thanks. This looks amazing!
I hope we get a trailer at least...I refuse to believe that those 4 games are everything we will see (exclusive-wise).

Edit: The fab four on its own is amazing though. I'm not dismissing their quality. On the contrary - I'm unbelievably hyped for every single one of those games and watching gameplay the first time is amazing.