• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome-Housemarque-210628-scaled.jpg

Welcoming Housemarque to the PlayStation Studios family – PlayStation.Blog

Just announced.

Today I'm thrilled to welcome a new member to the PlayStation Studios family! I have been a fan of Housemarque since the studio's early days when they introduced Super Stardust HD to PlayStation fans. Housemarque's recent release of Returnal proves the studio is one with incredible vision, capable of creating memorable new games that resonate with our community. This addition enhances the creative force of PlayStation Studios, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for Housemarque.

Welcome to the family, Housemarque!

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
So pleased for the developers. Make hit after hit and get stability to continue doing so in the future.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Housemarque has always been on the brink of shutting down so I'm not particularly upset about this.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Returnal was incredible, can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Poor Bluepoint, though 😂

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of those "Oh I thought they already owned them" acquisitions.

Returnal wasn't my jam but they made the jump to a larger game pretty well, excited to see what they do next

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck yeah, so happy for Housemarque and for Sony. Returnal was a truly remarkable game and I look forward to anything they put out going forward

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope that the game doesn't crash and Sony loses all their progress!

But cool that Housemarque made a big pivot and it worked out for them.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
holy fucking shit! yes! YES!

they needed this and are very deserving of this!

happy for Housemarque!

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Not a huge surprise to be honest but I'm super happy for the Studio. I always loved Housemarque's games and Returnal will definitely by my GOTY if not gane of the generation.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
This is great news, I am really pleased they have got long term stability they are a talented bunch. Their gameplay is always top tier.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
That's a very interesting get! Returnal was a pretty new direction for them, so I'm excited to see what they do next.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
before Returnal it really felt like Housemarque was on the brink of closing down so it's a huge turnaround for them, congrats.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Good for Housemarque after we heard of them struggling some time ago. This should give them some security.