• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Sony Interactive Entertainment recently posted a new position of Event Manager with the job description referring to "delivery of 3-4 major international events per year".

Since Sony has started State of Play instead of major conferences, is this a sign that PlayStation is now gearing up for PS5 and its formal announcement?

3-4 major International events could be:

Gamescom/Paris Games Week
PSX 2019
Playstation Meeting 2020
E3 2020

Specific job listing:

The Events team is part of the Activations, Partnerships and Events group, and responsible for delivering B2B and B2C events including product launches, influencer experiences, staff socials, launch parties, press conferences, company conferences, talent dinners, senior management meetings and trade, retail and consumer exhibitions internationally.

Delivery of 3-4 major international events per year to support the global strategy. End to end management, production and evaluation.

Contribute to the planning and execution of the team's events for both media and consumers.

Creating and distributing event toolkits and assets.

This position requires frequent travel within territories applicant must be willing and able to travel on a regular basis

Link - https://www.playstationjobs.co.uk/vacancy/3923-Events-Manager,-EMEA

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Sounds like a very busy, but interesting job. I have a few friends who work in stuff like organizing events and activations. They say the job is fun, but can be very exhausting at times since it might require some of your weekends.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Sounds like a very busy, but interesting job. I have a few friends who work in stuff like organizing events and activations. They say the job is fun, but can be very exhausting at times since it might require some of your weekends.

I have only dabbled in small scale event planning and shit is way more tiring than most projects.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This doesn't confirm anything about a specific PS5 event. In fact it doesn't even confirm which specific type of events (out of the following list) this person would be responsible for.

The Events team is part of the Activations, Partnerships and Events group, and responsible for delivering B2B and B2C events including product launches, influencer experiences, staff socials, launch parties, press conferences, company conferences, talent dinners, senior management meetings and trade, retail and consumer exhibitions internationally.

Feb 15, 2019
What are the odds these international events aren't referring to E3 and the like but to Sony's own bigger international events they'd wanna start doing? Sorta like a Sonycon or something. Though I guess 4 of them in a year might be much for that.