• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
jet87jbc.jpg

They could do some interesting stuff these days with PSVR2 right around the corner and Sony's showcases/events/State of Plays being all digital now.

PS Home still has some fans out there.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Funny enough this absolutely incredible Dreams project just got announced, reminding me of PlayStation Home so much (and I think it relies on the upcoming multiplayer) :P

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is like the renewal of Metal Gear Rising and Kirby 64. It means nothing. Its protecting the trademark for something they own. It absolutely does not mean they plan to use it

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
PS Home was too ambitious and too taxing for PS3 hardware, however with PS5, PS VR and the social craze era we are going through it is just too good not to happen.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
PS Home was ahead of it's time. Sony should definitely bring it back especially for VR

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
This is like the renewal of Metal Gear Rising and Kirby 64. It means nothing. Its protecting the trademark for something they own. It absolutely does not mean they plan to use it
Those two are still available to purchase, at least, so it makes sense to renew the trademarks. Can PlayStation Home still be downloaded?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
That trademark site looks like a shipping tracker

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought the game could be even more successful if they added some Animal Crossing like elements. Having a garden and stuff like that will lead to people logging in way more.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I swear a couple of days ago was thinking on Sony trying again with PS Home with the PS5. With stuff like VRChat being popular it only makes sense.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
wonder if it'll act as both a community VRChat-like and home launcher for VR, similar to other VR platforms, like with Oculus and Steam where you have a "Home" where you launch from

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagining Home on the super snappy PS5 sounds incredible.

Something I think would give a Home more staying power is if it had a few directly integrated game right off the bat.
Nothing crazy like Last of Us, etc but a Motorstorm/Destruction All Stars type thing would be amazing.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
This is just lawyers doing lawyer-y things I'm sure.

It's fun to think about the possibility though. If ever the climate was favourable for a return being greenlit it might be now, with the trend around vr, 'the metaverse', virtual events etc. Sony Corp's CEO is enamoured with the possibilities there, seeing what Fortnite is doing. He put out a letter to the whole company asking them to dig into this type of stuff.

More practically, if it or something like it were to come back, the PS5 activities system seems like an easy plugin. Home's API for game shortcuts and setup is almost like an early forerunner of activity cards. I think it's also interesting that the London team has been prototyping online multiplayer 'social physical' gameplay in VR, which seems like it would graft handily onto ps home style messing around.

I'm not sure if something like this came back that it could be limited to VR, or PS5, but it's stuff that could dovetail with tech there.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It seems silly not to do something like this as a community hub for PSVR 2.

Funny enough this absolutely incredible Dreams project just got announced, reminding me of PlayStation Home so much (and I think it relies on the upcoming multiplayer) :P

This looks so good and is cut so well, I thought "nah this can't be made in Dreams".

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly Sony would have to be idiots not to do this. As well as being something that makes so much sense for VR and being a potential killer app built in to PSVR2, it's just something that would make so much bank for them today with all the things they could monetize.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I know Dreams can do all kinds of stuff, but the ambition with that is insane if they can actually finish it.

It seems silly not to do something like this as a community hub for PSVR 2.

This looks so good and is cut so well, I thought "nah this can't be made in Dreams".

There is very little you can't make in Dreams, mirror reflections among them. You should head over to my Dreams Creations OT :) It's especially these collaborations that have really taken off. That being said, I'd love for PlayStation Home to come back.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is very little you can't make in Dreams, mirror reflections among them. You should head over to my Dreams Creations OT :) It's especially these collaborations that have really taken off. That being said, I'd love for PlayStation Home to come back.
I would love if they added Dreams support to PSVR

Imagine exporting your creations into dreams and showing them off or going with a group of people straight into other dreams.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I've put a watch on that thread, great stuff. Already discovered some amazing dreams there.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
PS Home should be tied with Dreams, allowing users to freely create.

I said long ago that each PS5 game should have it's own Dreams Home space, accessible easily few steps below the main icon in the PS5 Home menu.