• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Free PSOne Classics streaming to counter Nintendo's offering?

I doubt it, but that'd be super cool. Not like they need to hold them back to monetize anymore after the PS Classic failed, lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for it to be something pathetic like "$5 in free premium currency in [insert specific battle royale game here] each month" that only a fraction of the community actually uses.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Free PSOne Classics streaming to counter Nintendo's offering?

I doubt it, but that'd be super cool. Not like they need to hold them back to monetize anymore after the PS Classic failed, lol.
Dont waste my time if its streaming ps1 games. Theres zero reason for that when the hardware can handle it.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS+ was, in my opinion, a ridiculously good deal during the PS3 and the PS3/PS4 transition era because if you owned two or three Sony consoles you could get a lot of free games. Despite not usually subscribing to such services I felt very much inclined to do so and would have had I not owned most games I was already interested in. Nowadays the service not only offers less games but it's more of a forced fee for people that want to play online games, outside of F2P ones (that alone shows how "value" the service is worth) and I think Sony now expect players to pay an extra premium to have their premium service be as valuable as it was a few years ago.

On a principle basis alone (charging people to play online games) it would take a ridiculously good offer for me to even consider subscribing to the service.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Dont waste my time if its streaming ps1 games. Theres zero reason for that when the hardware can handle it.
I mean, I don't actually know how the NES app on Switch works, lol. I assume the games aren't stored locally?

At any rate, PSOne games are large enough that it would be pretty ungainly to download like 30 of them to your system automatically. If they did do this (and again, I doubt that's what this is), maybe it'd be setup like GamePass where you can select a game and then it downloads just that game locally?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I never understood the benefit of PS Rewards. What do they offer? Do they offer some money in your wallet when you reach certain trophy level or unlock some trophies for certain games like the past achievement service from GMG?
It literally says on the page I linked. It's free stuff or discounts on third party services/websites.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I recommend getting extremely hyped for this random and vague tweet because it always works out!

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
image0.png

Sure, Sony. We'll see.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
lmao.

This is PlayStation Plus Rewards. It already exists in the UK (and probably other countries):

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-plus/ps-plus-rewards/
Oh... this won't be significant for us outside of Hungary then? Well, good for Playstation Plus members in Hungary at least.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I hope it's something good, just so PS+ is still worth the sub. As a PC player now, my Xbox Live sub expired months ago, and there's no need to resub AT ALL. PS+ is gonna get to that point me...but I hope it doesn't.

I can't wait for it to be something pathetic like "$5 in free premium currency in [insert specific battle royale game here] each month" that only a fraction of the community actually uses.

Glass half empty, huh?

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Putting some actual good games on for free for the first time since Resogun?

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Putting some actual good games on for free for the first time since Resogun?

There's been plenty of great games since then, specially since they removed the PS3 ones.

I normally never play them but recently I've been playing The Witness with a friend and The Purge with another, and we were surprised by the quality

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
translation: soon the power button on your PS4 will verify that you have PS+ before turning on your system