• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Found by kostacurtas on the PlayStation thread. Looks like Visual Arts will finally get its own development studio (they already tried with TLOU Part 1)

boards.greenhouse.io

PlayStation Global

Sony PlayStation is building a new internal game development team in partnership with PSS Visual Arts, an award-winning, full-production group, that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art, and Scanning. This is the same world-class team known for its contributions to the Last of Us franchise!

This high visibility project is being developed in collaboration with Naughty Dog. Though currently unannounced, we have a clear vision and plan to release. Using our existing expertise and premier talent, we will guarantee a high visual quality bar for the game and a compelling experience for our players.

Our team is seeking a dedicated, focused, and self-motivated producer with a broad proven experience and a track record of building processes to help the team achieve its highest potential. As the ideal candidate, you will be proficient in all aspects of AAA game production and management. You are an organized and attentive leader; strategic, and thoughtful in all interactions with both internal and external partners. Most importantly, your experience will guide the team's cultural growth and abilities.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Will be interesting to see how they turn out, but it'll likely be a few years yet before we hear anything (Building a new team, culture, etc takes time, let alone developing a game). Hopefully it works out better than the Manchester Studio that didn't release anything before they were shut down.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is going to be the non-Naughty Dog Uncharted game we keep hearing whispers about.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Someone put Visual Arts on Moe, and ND on Barney (this is a joke)

35h9p4.jpg

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Great news. I feel like The Last of Us Remastered could do with an update.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
HBO TLOU Part 1 Remake

Didn't VA want to remake Uncharted 1, according to those old rumours awhile back?

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Thier next IP is big so they want to establish an official secondary dev team to assist with their efforts more intimately

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
The news of the new internal game development team seems to be a bit old (at least 10 months or so). Here's a tweet from January 22 mentioning a job listing with the same wording: https://twitter.com/zuby_tech/status/1485244590353522692

"Sony PlayStation has a new game development team in partnership with PlayStation Studios Visual Arts."
The wording of this job listing in particular has been doing the rounds since 2018. It's basically deja vu every year it crops up with the a few tweaks to the sentence.

Here's an article from 2018 that has almost the same paragraph as the job listing mentioned in this thread:

This high visibility project is being developed in collaboration with a major Sony development studio. Though currently unannounced, we have a clear vision and plan to release. The new game development team will leverage our existing expertise and premier talent, guaranteeing a high visual quality bar for the title.
https://gamingbolt.com/sony-hiring-...ct-the-next-chapter-of-cinematic-storytelling

Main difference this time is they actually mention Naughty Dog by name.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So a new team at VASG is now making the next Unchart- well that feels oddly familiar 🤣

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Thats really awesome to see…
more first party studios and games for Sony will always be good for me…

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
ND will eventually need a studio for long-term support for the new Factions. This sounds like a good pick for this job.

Sooner rather than later ND will want to return to making big SP games.

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
I would love to see ND just get expanded so they can release more varied content every console generation. Hard to put out multiple big AAA experiences these days (without asset recycling) within a 5-year span, and if there's a team with experience that would be incredible with multi-releases (not remakes), it would be ND.

^^studios not already doing the multi-team thing I mean.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I have never heard of them before, what have they done?

Also, any future uncharted games should star Chloe and Nadine

Oct 25, 2017
Please no more remakes. I'm so fucking tired of old games with graphical facelifts. New stories, please.

I agree, I think in general relatively quick remasters for devs who don't have much to do until the next release and the odd remake is fine. But you can't get all of your big franchises on the PS5 and eventually the PS6 will come so what are they going to do remaster them again?