• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
unknown.png

The tweet is about Returnal but the image clearly shows the Bluepoint logo and the Demon's Souls art in the back, so it must have been announced too early.

Tweet has since been deleted but this is clearly made marketing material.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Couldn't it be a genuine mistake?

Not that I doubt Bluepoint gets acquired, I just don't expect it to get announced today

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
It's been deleted? Weird that the tweet is about Returnal / Housemarque but the picture is Bluepoint tho lol

*edit* totally missed the Housemarque announcement. Someone on JP side must've used the wrong image lol

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Lmao that's hilarious.

It must be genuine, since there's official marketing material for it. Why else would you even make that image?

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
I mean there is one thing putting incorrect logo there, but including DS guy into the image pretty much confirms it.

Aardvarken

Dec 28, 2019
This picture also includes Demon's Souls in the background, whereas the housemarque one doesn't. So definitely not an accident imo

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
I think they will wait for PS Experience, to announce it along with the new MGS remake.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The logical explanation is the bluepoint acquisition will be announced in the next few hours and they want OT give space between both announcements.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO what a slip up.

Who cares anyway, if true another top notch purchase for them.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
If true, this is a fine fit indeed--excited to see what's in store for them!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bit of a delay but looks like that poster was right.

Wonder if they will come back, I seem to remember the ban bet was flexible on the date.

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
unknown.png

The tweet is about Returnal but the image clearly shows the Bluepoint logo and the Demon's Souls art in the back, so it must have been announced too early.

Tweet has since been deleted but this is clearly made marketing material.
yeah, no way this was a coincidence, logo + DS added to bg compared to Housemarque image

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
So what can we expect games wise to come out from this?

I don't want to get ahead of myself, so I'm going to keep expectations realistic and expect a full MGS1-3 Bluepoint remake exclusive to PS5 coming soon.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Playstation Japan having a 'welcome to the family, bluepoint' graphic, with demon souls in the background, seems like 85% conclusive to me! And that's me being conservative

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Did PS Japan even double check, lol.

I mean, the tweet already mentioned Returnal & Housemarque, unless someone in charge of the image couldn't read any English or brain farted for a moment.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
LoL Sony get a grip.

This picture also includes Demon's Souls in the background, whereas the housemarque one doesn't. So definitely not an accident imo

I mean the image with bluepoint had to have been made and it's on official channel. I would say it's true but this is Sony so who knows lol.