• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Here is the original tweet from IanJQ.

I thought it was in poor taste that they heavily traced some animation for one of their promo videos but apparently it wasn't just from the Steven Universe Movie.

The original video: Edit: The original has since been made private but others have uploaded it on Youtube.

Last edited:

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I don't understand how they think they can do this and not get caught.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ooof. The pulls from multiple sources too, pretty open and shut case there.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do these artists think this'll turn out if their bosses catches wind of this? Someone at sony japan is going to get fired.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever was hired to do these animations is screwwwwed beyond belief. Why would you copy so heavily when contracted by a large company? The internet police will always catch this stuff.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had they ripped off one semi-unknown animation chances are they could have gotten away with it, but they ripped off like everything, including a major IP's recently released movie. I mean, wow.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, whoever they hired to do that for them is about to land in some well-deserved trouble.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like people think that Sony wanted this done, which I seriously doubt.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
In before someone says that the music sounds like the ending of Kare Kano. ;)
About the tracing, that's bad and if the excuse is you are doing it as a homage, be more open/honest about it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's one thing to copy major movie sequences, it's another to go after fan projects where the victim doesn't really have a platform to call it out. Real gross.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
my guess, is that people who grew up in an era without internet, think that they can get away with plagiarism

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Description names Kevin Bao as director for this? But no studio. Welp, somebody done fucked up.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I still get surprised when people do shit like this, knowing the detective power of the internet.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Goddamn, those examples are pretty blatant. Seems like we're getting new ones too.

May 10, 2019
IdealisticPoshAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif