• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Out of nowhere...

Really wanted to play it on PS3, just never got the chance.

The atmosphere looked incredible. I'm probably in, whether remake/ remaster or new entry.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god remastered trilogy please for the love of God.
It's a crime 2 wasn't released in the US

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
dont.jpg

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
Wait, wasn't that an hour ago
But Siren + PSVR seems like a match made in heaven with the whole sight hijack.

Unless they do something really clever with picture in picture floating in space, experiencing the involuntary herky jerky motions of the shibito from the first person seems like a really good way of getting sick.

If they crack that, holy mother of god.

EDIT: that said, this isn't out of nowhere, especially if you've been following Toyama's twitter for like the last two years. I wouldn't be shocked if it was another exhibition like they've been having.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Can't wait for the shit VR announcement to totally kill the excitement
why not both?

playable also in VR would be amazing. there's nothing like VR horror.. RE7 in VR was one of the most awesome things ever. not even once wanted to switch to the TV.

whatever it is i'm in, not played nearly enough horror this gen. are there any folk left at Sony Japan who made the original(s)? do i remember correctly that they at least used to have some people who were also in Team Silent...?

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
They cant even bother to release siren 2 on ps4 since it never came out in the US.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There is no announcement tease here.

It's just a tweet about a yearly Siren event.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time Sony dropped the announcement of a big game like this? really doubt it's a teasing a new game. Maybe a PS2 title coming to PS4 through emulation?

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
why not both?

playable also in VR would be amazing. there's nothing like VR horror.. RE7 in VR was one of the most awesome things ever. not even once wanted to switch to the TV.

whatever it is i'm in, not played nearly enough horror this gen. are there any folk left at Sony Japan who made the original(s)? do i remember correctly that they at least used to have some people who were also in Team Silent...?
Because hardly a VR version will be both. That's why I'm with the people who really hoping is not VR relative. Would be a punch straight in my balls.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
That PS3 Siren game was so damn good. I still have vivid memory of a split screen scene with a pale demon woman chasing after me with outstretched arms and flinching fingers.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh boy oh boy, I really hope it's a translation and port of Siren 2! A new game would also be pretty great, but I'm unsure of whether the original Devs are still available to make it?

Either way, great IP to come back to!

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm guessing a port of the PS3 version.

I'm hoping for a VR port of the PS3 version.

Edit: Read the rest of the thread.

RIP Siren.

Status
Not open for further replies.