• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
ETT4JdDXsAQJUZT

Haha, we need a thread dedicated to photoshoping these consoles. XSX has great potential, hopefully the PS5 doesn't disappoint!

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I wonder if Sony just threw this together in response to the MS stuff from yesterday.

Yes! They recorded everything in less than 24 hours to respond to Microsoft /s

Of course not! BUT it seems that they both thought that the quarantine time was a good time to reveal. They might have thought that since many people is in their homes, they will be most likely to watch next gen coverage.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
That said, the PS4 reveal was a Feb event, featuring a Cerny tech deep dive, and showing Killzone Shadowfall gameplay. So showing off a launch title might not be too much of a stretch. I agree it's not likely, but I don't think it's especially unlikely either.

EDIT: Thinking back to that PS4 reveal stream, I also remember my internet connection was faster back then than it is today. UK really needs to sort its shit out... Almost a decade and no real infrastructure progress to show for it.

Off Topic i'll never get how USA, UK, Germany have such shitty internet when i'm in Portugal and i have 300mbps on my wifi and 400mbps (cable). But that's probably it. Small country, easy to have fiber almost everywhere.
I was shocked when i was in Berlin, mitte area (downtown) and it was barely ADSL speed on a good day.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Yes thank you!!

I'm putting up with it because I would say 90% of the consoles have this issue. It's like playing the lotto. I exchanged my Pro twice, all the same issue and then gave up. Not gonna waste my time and the poor Gamestop manager that I had to keep bugging. Sony fucked up making these systems.

It's annoying because any time the frame rate is "unlocked" the coil while kicks up to high gear. This can be when loading map in Fortnite to opening the menu on GOW. I really hate Sony for that. (To be honest the used X1X sound a little similar but I dont know if it's the same issue because it was used when i got it. Could be the fan is hitting something)

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Off Topic i'll never get how USA, UK, Germany have such shitty internet when i'm in Portugal and i have 300mbps on my wifi and 400mbps (cable). But that's probably it. Small country, easy to have fiber almost everywhere.
I was shocked when i was in Berlin, mitte area (downtown) and it was barely ADSL speed on a good day.
Telecom companies are crazy powerful in the states (and to a lesser extent in Canada).

They can do what they want to do, so many places have very expensive internet, or stupid data caps.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I wonder if they saw the coronavirus stuff, and saw Microsoft announce and thought - oh no it's only going to get worse, so now is the time to announce, while they can still get some attention by the media. Though even more likely is they both know they can't have 'stage' shows now to announce, so they might as well just spill the beans online.

The realist in me is they are carefully crafting their message to show disparity between it and xbox, and now that MS has announced they know what specs to play up and what to play down. Say maybe they don't have the TF win, so they'll play up 'efficiency' and some other buzzwords to make it sound just as good. Anyways, I'm trying to keep my expectations low so I can be pleasantly surprised. Also, I'd absolutely love to see some VR mentions. Really want to see what kind of SSD they have if Mark is genuine about his words on it last time.

This was answered 4 minutes before your post.

In case you missed it, this will be what was gonna be shown at GDC before its delay.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Some will argue that the whole thing leaked via GitHub. We'll see in 25 hours.
Yea, but while Github appears to have some data pertaining to the PS5, it was never fully corroborated by a journalist gather multiple sources. Even if some of the leaks/rumors turn out to be true (3.2GHz CPU, 36CU, 16GB Ram on 256b) there wasn't anyone that straight up had a sourced article confirming those details.

They really had things locked down.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't a Sony executive say a month or two ago that there some "big secrets" remaining regarding the PS5 that have yet to be revealed?

I wonder if we'll see any of that tomorrow.

I'm also hoping they spend a few minutes detailing the DS5.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Gonna pour up a glass of whisky, dimm the lights, light some candles when i watch this. Gonna be cozy hearing Cerny speak about terms that i have no idea what they are.

Schreier's comments about the presentation being in the works for a while.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm that this Cerny thing has been in the works for a bit. They had been planning to do a PS5 thing at GDC. Also, soon we'll have confirmation of what I've been saying all along -- that both of these machines are extremely powerful -- and then maybe everyone here will stop tagging me in all these dumb next-gen console rumor posts. Teraflops be damned

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! I'll tune in since I'm off work! Can't wait! Launch day PS4 served me well but is about to be replaced!

TLT GAMING

Apr 9, 2018
Or, this has been planned for weeks to coincide with what was originally GDC week.

I think this is the case. Also let's not forget that Microsoft also has a Game Stack conference at 2pm tomorrow following the Sony stuff.
With the way people are thinking though it must be in reaction to the Sony deep dive event...lol.
Sounds to me like this was all planned and each console maker is doing their own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.