• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
214712.gif

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see absolutely vicious, bloodthirsty competition with MS on quietness. John Linneman says the Series X is "insanely quiet", and I want to see Sony beat that. I want the PS5 to actually suck sound out of the room. So quiet all you can hear is the rush of blood through your ears. So quiet you're left all alone with your darkest thoughts every time you turn it on.

Fuck me up, Cerny. Let's go.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
People thinking Sony got a live presentation like this in 24 hours because MS announced everything yesterday, lmao!
This was probably in the cards since day 0, since the GDC was supposed to be right now.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
System architecture means a lot of technical details? Ok I want to see the goods.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
An announcement out of the blue for a Wednesday event. Sony's PS5 marketing strategy has been awful, and of course it's focused on the specs and not actual games.

Traditional press conferences are used for a reason.

It's a GDC-style presentation.

I wouldn't assume that this is going to be a PlayStation Meeting-style "press" blowout at all.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I want to see absolutely vicious, bloodthirsty competition with MS on quietness. John Linneman says the Series X is "insanely quiet", and I want to see Sony beat that. I want the PS5 to actually suck sound out of the room. So quiet all you can hear is the rush of blood through your ears. So quiet you're left all alone with your darkest thoughts every time you turn it on.

Fuck me up, Cerny. Let's go.

I'd be down. My Pro wakes up the neighborhood.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Can we actually go on without the "MS forced their hand" BS?

There's no need for it, doesn't add anything and isn't helping. We don't need agenda pushing going on. Just enjoy the fucking ride for once.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping for parity in GPU/CPU features with XSX, developers should be quite happy with baseline being same with mesh shaders etc.
Due to backward compatibility they most likely must have couple of features from Ps4pro we might not see in XSX. (id-buffer etc.)

Anyway, interesting times.

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances PS5 is more powerful than Series X? For them to announce this just right after the Series X specs info makes me think they have something even more impressive to show off.

Status
Not open for further replies.