• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
There's no doubt the PS5 is gonna be a weaker console than the XSX and won't be even close to delivering the service ecosystem MS is offering.

But Sony is payrolling the new Silent Hills so they can put out a WiiU for all I care.

I'm a bit mad, as I was certainly switching to xbox, but such is life.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
10+ would great, zero reason to be upset. Still kudos to MS for hitting 12.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Full PS3 BC was never in the cards. People need a wake up call.

The crowd that's genuinely interested in replaying games from the PS1-PS2 era (aside from a bullet point feature in console wars) likewise is probably incredibly, incredibly tiny. Would be a nice, but largely forgotten about feature.

Let's see the new games once all this spec wankery is finally out of the way :)

With the advancements of RPCS3 and PS Now's shift toward downloadable service, I definitely see at minimum those PS3 games on PS Now slowly be whitelisted for download on PS5. It's possible to do it on the hardware, and they have been getting hammered by MS since like 2015 on this particular feature.

I dont think full PS3 BC was ever on the table though

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care about TFLOPS but I really was hoping for backwards compatibility with at least PS1 and Ps2 games. Would be nice to finally put my PS2 away so I can make room for these giant consoles.

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
I've been told by insiders and others that ps5 had a slight power advantage for over a year. And if now it's now and we're poo pooing it is kind of ridiculous. I know I set myself up for a 13/14 powerhouse, and I'll still buy day 1, but I'm still disappointed and all insiders need to stay away.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
It matters a LOT though especially at the beginning of the gen.
Like 99% of all sold titles are multiplatform titles, so if in the beginning of the gen, a console can play all multiplatforms way better than the other console - at the same price - then yeah, the decision will be easy.

Not really. If there are other specs or features that make the PS5 shine, then why care?

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Full PS3 BC was never in the cards. People need a wake up call.

The crowd that's genuinely interested in replaying games from the PS1-PS2 era (aside from a bullet point feature in console wars) likewise is probably incredibly, incredibly tiny. Would be a nice, but largely forgotten about feature.

Let's see the new games once all this spec wankery is finally out of the way :)
Was this a serious post? My man the chance of playing all PS games on the PS5 was the most sought out features of next gen playstation, even more than specs, i believe that IGN did a poll asking that.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
eh, I don't really care to much about specifications. I'll get hyped when they show games

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The OT is going up in 2 hours and 20 minutes. I'm going to brb and chill real quick, really don't want to come back to a meltdown :-D

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
not surprised in the least with the weaker GPU. Again, I really do feel that Sony took a similar approach with this system as they did with the PS4 Pro, where they are trying to build the most powerful system they can while keeping in mind a target price and I imagine their target price was 399. If they hit that price point is a different thing all together (they probably won't), but it seems obvious that 399 is what they are trying to go for.

I imagine Microsoft is going for something similar with a 499 price point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it slips into 600. We're going to have consoles that are 100 dollars more expensive then what we got in 2013 overall.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Good thing I don't care about number of consoles sold, because I don't have shares in Sony.

Maybe is not a big deal for you, but is for many other people, as MS efforts in this field gained a lot of applause.
Even if it's weaker what makes you think Sony doesn't have any other unique hardware quirks? I'm sure they're putting a lot of effort into it as well.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care about TFLOPS but I really was hoping for backwards compatibility with at least PS1 and Ps2 games. Would be nice to finally put my PS2 away so I can make room for these giant consoles.
Me 2, as long as it is not under 9tflops, im good.

i'll have every system anyway like i do now.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
There's no doubt the PS5 is gonna be a weaker console than the XSX and won't be even close to delivering the service ecosystem MS is offering.

But Sony is payrolling the new Silent Hills so they can put out a WiiU for all I care.

I'm a bit mad, as I was certainly switching to xbox, but such is life.
You certainly sound mad and for whatever reason are convincing yourself of something there is still no level of certainty about. What aspects of a console is considered "weaker", these days? Is it teraflops numbers? We're going to find out shortly that that doesn't tell the whole story. How do you know Sony's service/ecosystem plans for their next console which they have only partially talked about?

Status
Not open for further replies.