• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
What on earth are you on about? No-one's hyping anything. Praising a good move doesn't give them a free pass on their failings, it's simply praising a good move that makes PS Now a much more viable option for a lot of people. Sony still has plenty of work to do (particularly expanding the service worldwide and improving the lineup) but as a first step, this is great.

They're probably just referring to the first 2-3 pages of posts where people were calling this a "megaton" and insinuating that PS Now is now on the same level as Game Pass (quality of titles, quantity, and availability in other regions would have to change for that first).

This is certainly a good move, and Sony should receive praise for taking another step forward. There's also at least two things (streaming of titles and free online play) that are included that MS should consider adding (I know they're already working on the streaming bit).

All in all, this is a wonderful announcement, but some of the responses appear a little too over-hyped and eager to down play the differences between Now and Game Pass. I also feel that this announcement begs the question why Sony isn't allowing the download of PS2 titles that people already own. It's obvious that, at least for the set of supported titles, there's an emulator that works locally.

RexFury

Jan 1, 2018
I got into the closed beta of PSNow and I didn't like it due to the latency. When I saw we are now able to download the games I got excited but wanted to check out the game list before putting down the money for a month. Boy am I glad I looked at the list first....as there is pretty much nothing I want to play.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I wonder if they'll slowly phase out of the streaming component and make it download only. Should make the service much cheaper to run that way.
Don't think they'd do that as that means dropping support for PC and making possible future support for other platforms such as mobile impossible, and it's not exactly a secret that Microsoft is working on streaming as well.
I think the more likely option is 2 subscription tiers. The basic version being the cheapest of the 2 but only offering downloads on console, and a more expensive version (the one we currently have) offering downloads on console + streaming to console and PC.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
They're probably just referring to the first 2-3 pages of posts where people were calling this a "megaton" and insinuating that PS Now is now on the same level as Game Pass (quality of titles, quantity, and availability in other regions would have to change for that first).

This is certainly a good move, and Sony should receive praise for taking another step forward. There's also at least two things (streaming of titles and free online play) that are included that MS should consider adding (I know they're already working on the streaming bit).

All in all, this is a wonderful announcement, but some of the responses appear a little too over-hyped and eager to down play the differences between Now and Game Pass. I also feel that this announcement begs the question why Sony isn't allowing the download of PS2 titles that people already own. It's obvious that, at least for the set of supported titles, there's an emulator that works locally.
So maybe it is a megaton for a alot of people because different opinions you know?

I have no idea why that bother some of you.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Now if they could re-brand/re-imagine PS Now couple that with a neat trailer explaining how great it is, that'd be nice. Re-brand PS Now as PS Games as a Service(definitely a better fancy name)

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So maybe it's a megaton for them, which is honestly is weird given the lineup and price is bad compared to gamepass but whatever floats their boat.

Not really sure why someone would be affected if some people see this as a megaton anyway, some people are just too attached to their preferred brand I guess.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't checked the service yet but she posts on the first page got me confused: are you able to dowblodo BOTH PS4 and PS2 titles, or are you only able to download the former and the latter is new to the service + streaming only for now?

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
So maybe it is a megaton for a alot of people because different opinions you know?

I have no idea why that bother some of you.

Of course others are allowed different opinions! Please forgive me if I can across otherwise. I've simply seen the word megaton a bit overused recently for a variety changes, some of which seemed very small.

This is a big change that, obviously, makes PS Now more competitive and far more attractive as a service. My issue is taken not with people being excited, but by those who laude Sony for these improvements while simultaneously downplaying the work MS has been doing this entire time with Game Pass and BC.

This same attitude can be seen in some of the posts comparing the two services.

I hope this clarifies things.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't checked the service yet but she posts on the first page got me confused: are you able to dowblodo BOTH PS4 and PS2 titles, or are you only able to download the former and the latter is new to the service + streaming only for now?
You can download both they just started adding PS2 back in May thats why the list isn't big at all.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
PS Now should roll out to the rest of the European countries.
They've been promising that for years.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
A significant amount of titles are being added on a weekly basis. This download option now reaffirms Sony's commitment to the service (and you would assume) marks a ramping up of releases.

We'll probably see PS Now trials as part of PS+ and all manner of promotions.

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
A significant amount of titles are being added on a weekly basis.
Any source for that?

Currently 10 titles are added on a monthly basis:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/ps-now/

Here are the new games added to the service each month for the last few months:

September New Games said:
  • Aces of the Luftwaffe
  • Alchemic Jousts
  • Bard's Gold
  • Bloodborne
  • Exile's End
  • God Eater: Resurrection
  • Moto Racer 4
  • Project Cars
  • Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
  • The Dwarves
August New Games said:
  • Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition
  • BRUT@L
  • Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers
  • Gem Smashers
  • Lost Sea
  • Primal (PS2)
  • This is the Police
  • Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
  • Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch
  • XCOM 2
July New Games said:
  • BlazBlue: Central Fiction
  • Dark Cloud (PS2)
  • Fantavision (PS2)
  • Farming Simulator 17
  • Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (PS2)
  • MXGP 2 – The Official Motocross Videogame
  • Rogue Galaxy (PS2)
  • Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet
  • Umbrella Corps
  • Wild Guns
June New Games said:
  • Adam's Venture: Origins
  • Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
  • Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
  • Firefighters: The Simulation
  • Kinetica
  • Okage: Shadow King
  • Seasons After Fall
  • Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo
  • Table Top Racing
  • Wild Arms 3

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any source for that?

Currently 10 titles are added on a monthly basis:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/ps-now/

Here are the new games added to the service each month for the last few months:
If anyone is interested. I've been tracking the changes for a little while. I haven't been as diligent about it this year though.

https://gitlab.com/binarymelon/psnow-games/commits/master/games-list.txt

I need to get around to automating the updates so I can be lazy.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
While not now is not available in Aus yet, this was a very important step in making the service attractive to a wider audience and also competitive.

Obviously work to be done in significantly expanding the library to games in the PS2 section and the quality of games (that have not already been PS+) in the PS4 section and expanding to other regions are all things that Sony will look to do soon.

Eagerly watching this space.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Hope that now that the games can be downloaded they will provide the service in other countries such as where I live (Mexico).

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'll resub once PS3 games are available to download as well. Great news. I enjoyed PS Now back when I was subscribed, but I didn't but have nearly enough time to get my money's worth out of it.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Persecution complex? Learn what that means ffs.

If this was MS people WOULD piss all over it, especially here. Im just stating a fact. Era is so Sony biased its ridiculous. I will probably get a ban for saying that but its true.

Learn what a fact is while you're at it. Certainly persecution complex is being used correctly here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Persecution complex? Learn what that means ffs.

If this was MS people WOULD piss all over it, especially here. Im just stating a fact. Era is so Sony biased its ridiculous. I will probably get a ban for saying that but its true.

Plenty of people in this thread ARE pissing all over this. Are you dense? Do you not understand what a "fact" is? If you get banned it won't be because of some "sony bias!", it'll be because what you are saying is stupid as hell.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
They really need to upgrade their PS2 and PS4 library.

The biggest issue is that the desirable games for me I already got on PS+. I can't see any others I'd play at all. I'm kind of wanting to try it out though just to be nosey. Better keeping the trial till there is at least a few games that make it worth it.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I'll resub once PS3 games are available to download as well. Great news. I enjoyed PS Now back when I was subscribed, but I didn't but have nearly enough time to get my money's worth out of it.

So... never then? At least on PS4, the hardware just isn't there to emulate PS3 software.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
PS3 download would be nice, I still own the PS3. Also having PSP, and Vita games on there would be great too, for those of us who have all these systems, it would make the service worth it.

Captain EZ8

Oct 30, 2017
I signed up for playstation now yesterday but I do not have the option to download any of the games. I tried searching online but I can't find any information on how this works. For example when I view God of War III Remastered:
vSKSBU8.jpg