• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the drop for PlayStation Now subscribers for September!
  • Resident Evil 7 available for 3 months (until November 30th)
  • Final Fantasy XV available for 6 months (until March 30th)
  • WWE 2k19
  • Observation

Also... March 2021 is in six months?! March feels like last week!

Observation rules, please play that if you haven't before now.

Last edited:

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Japan is also getting Shadow of the Beast which is already on PS Now in Europe. So we might get a different game as a substitute.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Great month.

I actually got the Platinum for FFXV. It was a great ride besides the obvious flaws.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Wow, amazing. RE7 and FF15.

My Control is apparently still working so I should rush and try to finish it in the next few days though.

Last edited:

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was looking at Observation (no pun intended) so that alone makes it a worthwhile month for me. Does WWE 2K19 replace 2K18 or will they both be there?

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
So I'll finally get to try RE7 on PSVR before quitting it for good after the first scary scene. Awesome!

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
It's truly baffling how tone deaf Sony is with PS Now. Timed offerings of 4 year old games now available in the bargain bin for $5 aren't what people want, Sony.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
People on Reddit are claiming that FFXV is the base edition (not Royal) but as far as I'm aware you can't buy the base version anymore? Isn't Royal the only option for purchase now?

Sounds like people assuming to me.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Putting out Observation now could be seen as 'mean' with Observation Redux (a remake practically) coming out in November but ultimately this was the developer/publishers call to do so.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Putting out Observation now could be seen as 'mean' with Observation Redux (a remake practically) coming out in November but ultimately this was the developer/publishers call to do so.

Observation and Observer (the game with the upcoming Redux) are actually two different games, although I can 100% see how you would make that mistake.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Do they keep adding PS3 titles? I've just subscribed last week and there is still a lot to do but I was wondering if they didn't forget it

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. I thought about buying RE7 to replay it for the Platinum, but could never fully justify the purchase. That and Observation make the month for me (I already have FFXV Royal Edition!).

Hopefully we get another game to balance Shadow of the Beast being on the service already.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as both PS+ games this month are both already on PS Now, it outdid it even before these games were announced ;)
I wonder what goes on in the mind of whoever makes decisions like these. If Sony wants people to subscribe to their services, they can't keeping putting games on one that have already been available on the other for months.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Excellent month, definitely going to play RE7 and Observation and might have a look at FFXV.

The main way they could improve the service for me would be more day one indies. Hopefully that's coming.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Guess it's time to finally try RE7. I don't think I have the courage to play VR but maybe I'll try it out. I'll play it in October though.

also gonna check out observation

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
There are generally a few indies in addition to the games mentioned on the JP blog.

I don't think PS Now should necessarily pay attention to what is added to Game Pass but it's disappointing to me that all of these are on that service too except maybe WWE. Nothing for me this month for that reason. Unless there are some more indies stealth added.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will give FFXV a stream to see what it's like without having to download it all. Love being able to do that.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
I wonder if PS Now will get bigger on PS5. As of right now, fun games often, but not for that price. Also don't like the fact you only can play some games for a couple of months. Certainly not with big RPG's

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
There are generally a few indies in addition to the games mentioned on the JP blog.

I don't think PS Now should necessarily pay attention to what is added to Game Pass but it's disappointing to me that all of these are on that service too except maybe WWE. Nothing for me this month for that reason. Unless there are some more indies stealth added.

Yeah it's been a poor month with PS+ games on PS Now already and PS Now games on Gamepass.

Oct 25, 2017
Also I think it's interesting that there are two high profile Japanese releases the same month as TGS. I suspect RE7 is there as part of the RE8 marketing deal, which will see it getting a showing soon. I wonder if FFXV is an indicator that we will see a new FF this month.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Uuuh, nice! Excellent month. Time to shit my pants playing RE7 VR!

tuS6nqO.gif

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Here's the (likely) drop for PlayStation Now subscribers for September! This is based on the Japanese lineup that is 99% of the time the same as the Western lineup. Possible some changes/additions but we'll know some enough.

• Resident Evil 7 available for 3 months (until November 30th)
  • Final Fantasy XV available for 6 months (until March 30th)
  • WWE 2k19
  • Observation

Also... March 2021 is in six months?! March feels like last week!

Observation rules, please play that if you haven't before now.
shit it is only in 6 months what the hell. lol

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is Observation the space station one or is that Observer (the Rutger Hauer one)?

If it's the former then that's great as I've been meaning to pick that up for ages!

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

Not hard and not that time consuming for an RPG honestly. Much easier than FFIX, X, etc. Like...night and day.
You have an optional boss that can be tricky but the game isn't hard so even what's supposed to be tricky, it's easy.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
That's nice that they tell you how long the game will be on the service. RE7 is being added to Game Pass as well. I wonder if it'll only be on there for three months too. I don't think they say for Game Pass games.

zYuuKwn

Jun 15, 2020
People on Reddit are claiming that FFXV is the base edition (not Royal) but as far as I'm aware you can't buy the base version anymore? Isn't Royal the only option for purchase now?

Sounds like people assuming to me.
Base edition is not available anymore. But Royal edition doesn't necessarily means that it comes with all the expansions. When FFXV Royal came to GP they had to specifically clarify that it included all the expansions as well.