• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Will it lag if I subscribe to the US version ? I live in EU and we recently got supported for PS Now in Sweden. I hope anyone from EU has any idea if it works since we have data centers

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Update the library! The service was functional enough for me, but it needs some more recent PS4 exclusives. Bloodborne doesn't cut it in 2019.

OP
OP
Sense

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
i do expect some news from the state of play stream actually and maybe even the apple keynote. They did add iOS support just recently. I bought the subscription but might wait to redeem it

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
What be cool if psnow is getting permanently dropped in price in state of play and amazon just jumped the gun.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe a stupid question but would I need a physical PS4 to be eligible for PS Now, or can I just get a subscription on their site and then directly play on PC? This would be significantly less expensive for me than buying a PS4 just for Bloodborne.

In addition to that, how's the performance? Exactly like the base PS4 version or any noticeable lag? I have 400/40 Mbit internet.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
That's a damn good price actually. Hell, I'm tempted to buy another year just because it's so cheap.

Maybe a stupid question but would I need a physical PS4 to be eligible for PS Now, or can I just get a subscription on their site and then directly play on PC? This would be significantly less expensive for me than buying a PS4 just for Bloodborne.

In addition to that, how's the performance? Exactly like the base PS4 version or any noticeable lag? I have 400/40 Mbit internet.

No, you don't need a PS4. You can download the PC app here.

Performance depends on a number of factors, including your internet, network setup, and how close you are to their servers. Your speeds are fine, but you'll have to see about latency. You can always sign up for the trial first to test things out. And is your PC wired?

I know for me it's fine 99% of the time. Yeah there's a bit of lag, but that's the nature of streaming. It's more than playable though.

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I jumped on it, at first I thought it was a limited deal/error and didn't want to miss it. But, I forgot State of Play was today, it's probably related to that. Oh well, still a good deal for a year.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't think this has anything to do with Sony reducing the price permanently, $60 is too cheap for such a service.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Yes you can use it on PC without a need for a PS4 from what i know.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Pretty tempting on that price, gonna have to look through the catalog and see how many I'd actually play within a year

You don't need a PS4. Just a PSN account and a subscription (and PS Plus for online features)

There's a 7 day trial available, credit card required though
I thought PSNow was also downloadable (except for ps3) ?
Most of the PS4 games on the service are, yeah

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
since i basically buy all their 1st party exclusives, and thats where their systems shine for me (their exclusives), theres literally no value for me here. Also, not many new/recent games

i did get this same deal for gamepass, and stack up like 3 years lol. I feel those are newer games i havent played and all exclusives day 1

Also, if ps5 is backwards compartible as rumored, this might lose some value

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Depends how close you are to a node I would assume. Thinking like it's exactly like the base PS4 would be naive.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dont need a PS4. But why not try the 7 Day free trial to see if it works before dropping $60?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

No ps4 required, so you're good to go. PS Now currently only streams at 720p so the quality will be a bit lower than base ps4. As for lag, your mileage will vary but when I tried the 7 day trial I didn't notice any lag at all. I'm on a gigabit connection

OP
OP
Sense

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt this is some sort of permanent price drop. Maybe just a promotion price for a week or something after some news comes out

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know if Sony ever have to get competitive with streaming, all they need to do is throw up their mega-hits like Spider-Man or God of War on the service at some point etc and they'll trounce the competition flat.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need some better titles on that service, then I'll sub for my PC. I know single player Playststion games have longer legs than others, but if they'd put them on PSNOW sooner then I'd be a lifetime subscriber. Microsoft does it with Game Pass, if Sony did it something like six months after content is done releasing then I'd be all in

You know if Sony ever have to get competitive with streaming, all they need to do is throw up their mega-hits like Spider-Man or God of War on the service at some point etc and they'll trounce the competition flat.

Maybe, but there's no way to know unless they do it.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty tempting on that price, gonna have to look through the catalog and see how many I'd actually play within a year

You don't need a PS4. Just a PSN account and a subscription (and PS Plus for online features)

There's a 7 day trial available, credit card required though

Most of the PS4 games on the service are, yeah

You don't need Plus for online features when you are using Now

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
You don't need PS+ to play online, but you still need PS+ to put in/take out your saves in the PS+ save game cloud, which is the only way to transfer between Now and a real PS4

I don't have access to a PS4 right now; I'm assuming that PS+ bypass doesn't hold true if you download the games, right
You can download the games for it now right?

If so, that is an extremely tempting price.
There's a 7 day free trial

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just got plus recently for a year.

If Sony was to add newer multiplayer titles to Now that doesn't require plus, i'm severely punching a pillow.

jeromeSF

Nov 2, 2017
how long will the code be active? I have a lot of games to play right now, but I would like to purchase it for later

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True, and they don't absolutely need to right now because they're killing it at retail and their own digital storefront, but at least somewhere down the line it's an option.

Sadly I think that's the only thing that will stop those games from hitting streaming. I'm there day 1 if they ever do announce that their exclusives will be hitting the service.