--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Written in the latest PS Plus drop blog, was this, so make sure you redeem these games before they leave!

We also wanted to provide an update on the PlayStation Plus Collection that has been offered as a benefit to PlayStation Plus members on PS5 since 2020. On May 9 the PlayStation Plus Collection will no longer be offered. If you haven't redeemed the titles in this collection yet, you can still do so until May 9, which will enable you to access those titles even after this date for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.

blog.playstation.com

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for February: Evil Dead: The Game, OlliOlliWorld, Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Mafia: Definitive Edition

All playable starting February 7, plus an update of PlayStation Plus Collection on PS5.

Nov 19, 2019
I already got the goodies I really wanted out of it, but now I'm debating getting the rest of them just cuz...decisions decisions.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I can't imagine the amount of PS5 owner that fail to redeem all the good stuff in this. Must double check with the families' PS5s.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've redeemed them but this sucks for all the new PS5 owners jumping in this year. It was a great introduction and should've been kept around though there was odd overlap with the new PS+ tiers.

I guess the silver lining is the redeem and keep but yeah :l

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine the amount of PS5 owner that fail to redeem all the good stuff in this. Must double check with the families' PS5s.
It's honestly hard to find, you need to really look for it. Shame too, because for anyone who happens to be coming to PS5 without having played much PS4, it's a ludicrous value

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Does it still work the thing where you login into a friend's ps5 and get the games even if you yourself don't own a ps5 yet ?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who assumed this was just a year 1 thing/a way for them to get around "what if i buy a digital PS5, how can I play my PS4 discs" question, i'm both surprised it lasted this long, but also surprised that they are actually killing it because of how long it's been around.

My best guess is that the 3rd party deals on the games here are expiring, and some of them are by companies now owned by Microsoft or trying to be owned by Microsoft, and they just figure it's easier to bring the whole thing down than it is to just leave it up with the first party stuff only ("wow, it's worse value, fuck you sony!") or to go through with the effort of paying for more licenses, especially now that they are doing deals for their tired version of PS+ and this could confuse people

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Makes sense as the console will be much more available going forward and theres more PS5 games to play, but at least you still keep those games. It was a good offer to have early PS5 owners be able to access some of the best game on PS4
As someone who assumed this was just a year 1 thing/a way for them to get around "what if i buy a digital PS5, how can I play my PS4 discs" question, i'm both surprised it lasted this long, but also surprised that they are actually killing it because of how long it's been around.
Its likely that most publishers signed those games up for 3ish years.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Have all those game's physically or I have purchased digitally, but I claimed them just so I don't have to get up to change disks lol.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
sucks that it's getting taken away but I don't think much people cared for it tbh

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Goddamn I was afraid this was going to happen before I got a PS5, I hope they add all the first party titles to the PS Essential package at least.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
COD Zombies fans would be smart to download that Black Ops game on there. I believe it's black ops 3, it comes with the zombie chronicles

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I mean they were offered for nearly 2 and a half years by the time it gets discontinued. It is what it is at this point, a great selection of games to get people started with the PS5 nonetheless.

Oct 30, 2017
I figured this would go away once the new tiers came out.

PS+ is already a pretty damn good service at $60 a year. But the collection has offerings that are probably better suited to highlight the value of extra.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
You shouldn't have a problem helping a friend or two, just remember Sony tracked this and banned consoles selling access to the collection.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
How exactly does it work? I'm not sure if i've got them on my account
All you need to do is log into a PS5 with an account that has some kind of PlayStation Plus subscription, then claim the games from the PS Plus Collection section on the PlayStation Store.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know. I think I already have everything I wanted, but no harm in going back to check over the list one more time. Thanks for the heads-up.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
How exactly does it work? I'm not sure if i've got them on my account

If you don't own a PS5, you gotta give your account details (login mail and password) to your friend that owns a PS5. Your friend will login on their PS5 and claim the games.

These game will then appear in the purchase history of your account.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn I was afraid this was going to happen before I got a PS5, I hope they add all the first party titles to the PS Essential package at least.
PS+ Essential rotates in and out every month but the games you redeem you can keep. PS+ Collection was their way of getting around that by keeping a selection of games separately for (now) PS+ Essential users to redeem.

If anything they'll probably get moved to PS+ Extra as those games sit there for an extended period of time

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I mean they were offered for nearly 2 and a half years by the time it gets discontinued. It is what it is at this point, a great selection of games to get people started with the PS5 nonetheless.

And was never presented as a permanent offer. Im still surprised it lasted this long. Thought it'd only be for year 1, then I thought surely itd be gone the moment they added the new tiers.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
Sucks but if I knew anybody new to the ps5 at this point I would probably recommend extra as a starting point.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I'll double check to make sure I have them all, but I'm pretty sure I added every one of them my library as soon as they were offered.

Oct 27, 2017