• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
the more important point:

One last thing
We also have an important service update to share. Starting next year on 8th March 2019, the PS Plus monthly games line-up will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles.

This won't affect any games you've already downloaded, or will download, prior to 8th March 2019. Those games will still be part of your PS Plus games library as long as you remain a member.

Your game saves and other benefits of PS Plus will also remain the same – the only change is that no new PS3 and PS Vita games will be added to the PS Plus monthly games line-up beyond 8th March 2019.

Many of our fans are playing on the PS4 platform, with the increasingly vast number of PS4s in homes around the world. We'll continue to prioritise the benefits you receive through your PS Plus membership, such as online multiplayer, PS4 monthly games, online game save storage and exclusive PS Store discounts across content and network services.

As a reminder, if you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before 8th March 2019.

There are plenty of new games and exclusive PS Store discounts for PS Plus members to come, and we can't wait to share these with you in our ongoing monthly blog posts.

One more year of Vita games...I guess that's OK.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That might be the best PS+ offering ever. Already have both BB and R&C but man that's gonna be like Christmas for people who don't already have either.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I have both but wow. Epic month.

Shovel Knight would have been better than Mighty No. 9 tho

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Already have Bloodborne, but very excited to play R&C. Good month!

And I want to try out Might No. 9 for laughs as well.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Mighty No.9?! Huh. I might try it out for shits & giggles, like Knack this month. All I know is I would never have bought it myself, so...thanks, i guess?

Hmm, now I expect April's IGC games to include Doom 2016 and Life Of Black Tiger. Y'know, giving us greatness with one hand and trolling us with the other. Seems to be a trend.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
So... I've been playing Grand Kingdom for like 2 hours. I'm so overwhelmed.

This game has so many systems that it just throw at you at the beginning, it's crazy.
And I just unlocked War, the online portion of the game and more systems are introduced. From travelling to other countries with their own set of items, weapon forge and upgrades, blueprints, weapon slots than you can only upgrade using items that are sold only using another currency.
There is now a dynamic between the warring countries, which I'm not too sure of. Would it be better to stick with one country or go where the money is? I don't know.
On top of that, I still haven't gotten the hang of the character stats and developments.
And why the hell is the guild menu runs like 10 fps....

I don't know. Maybe I'm just tired, but this game overwhelms me more than Xenoblade 2.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished with my 5year old daughter RIME. What a wonderful experience. Can't recommend this beautiful game enough!

Then I launched Knack with the assumption that it's going to be child friendly. Opening cinematic starts with a gun battle. Immediately turned it off.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished with my 5year old daughter RIME. What a wonderful experience. Can't recommend this beautiful game enough!

Then I launched Knack with the assumption that it's going to be child friendly. Opening cinematic starts with a gun battle. Immediately turned it off.

Just watched a playthrough cause I didn't remember any guns in this game, but you are right - literally in the first minute there are guns and tanks.

It's still one of the most kid friendly and couch coop friendly games on PS4. So if you can just skip the begining here and keep going with your daugther. She will love it for sure and Knack is cute. Well this is my experience with a 4 year and 6 year old that played through it together (and me watching them). :)

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is up and I want to say I liked Knack! :D
It's not an amazing game and has lots of flaws, but was a lot better than I expected, specially when you think about it's audience.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched a playthrough cause I didn't remember any guns in this game, but you are right - literally in the first minute there are guns and tanks.

It's still one of the most kid friendly and couch coop friendly games on PS4. So if you can just skip the begining here and keep going with your daugther. She will love it for sure and Knack is cute. Well this is my experience with a 4 year and 6 year old that played through it together (and me watching them). :)

Thanks! I'll give it then another go.

I assume the game is all about beating up these goblins? Did you have concerns for any perceived violence from a kids point of view?

Did you by any chance try Rime with your kids?

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing knack with my 3 year old. I'm not really concerned except for the fact he insists on attacking friendly robots.

Game half decent. My kid gets angry when Knack gets small again it's hilarious.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! I'll give it then another go.

I assume the game is all about beating up these goblins? Did you have concerns for any perceived violence from a kids point of view?

Did you by any chance try Rime with your kids?

Yeah played Rime with them too for about a hour, but they were bored with it. :P But they are both also energy bombs and need something to do that encourages them. I don't know about Knack and it's hard to gauge for me cause I grew up with old cartoons etc. but Knack also has a german rating of age 12. You beat those goblins up the whole time yes. They look very cartoony though, but violence is here. It's just that I think that this is cartoon violence and there is way way worse stuff on TV. Maybe watch some cutscenes on Youtube and a boss fight? Knack is not the best game so it's not a loss, but it's one of the few cool coop games that you can play together on PS4.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah played Rime with them too for about a hour, but they were bored with it. :P But they are both also energy bombs and need something to do that encourages them. I don't know about Knack and it's hard to gauge for me cause I grew up with old cartoons etc. but Knack also has a german rating of age 12. You beat those goblins up the whole time yes. They look very cartoony though, but violence is here. It's just that I think that this is cartoon violence and there is way way worse stuff on TV. Maybe watch some cutscenes on Youtube and a boss fight? Knack is not the best game so it's not a loss, but it's one of the few cool coop games that you can play together on PS4.

Thanks again. Will play a round just by myself tonight to get a better sense. Need to be constantly aware of the watchful eye at our home AKA my wife ;)