• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Played the first 3h of death stranding DC really liked it, really love the gameplay, which suprise me i thought i wouldn't like the game
It has that effect on a lot of players (including myself). Everything about it on paper makes it sound like something I would hate, but I fell under its spell after several hours, and I absolutely could not stop until I got the platinum. One of the biggest surprises for me back when I played it in late-2019/early 2020.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It looks like PS Now Guide has been updating their site for the new PS+ tiers. They may still be in the process of transitioning but they were always the best resource to see what was on PS Now and I think the same will hold true for PS+. I highly suggest everyone bookmark their site:

psnowguide.com

PS Plus Games List - PS Plus Guide

Explore the complete PS Plus catalog and find the best Playstation Plus games to play on your console or PC. New games added regularly!

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I'm torn about it. On one side it's surreal narrative and the art is wonderful. On the flip side the moment to moment side scrolling holding square is boring. Visually striking, but boring.
I'm halfway through it and while it is incredibly pretty to look at, I'm also bored by how you play it by just "walking" through landscapes. I'm glad this was part of Plus though.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
I finished Guardians of the Galaxy today.

The game is not without its faults (the gameplay is serviceable at best, it goes a couple of hours longer than it should have - the whole Dragon Hunting chapter should have been cut - and it has quite the visual bugs in the last stretch), but I thoroughly enjoyed the cast and the story.

Edit. I forgot to mention Lady Hellbender

Sweet lord! Hot 🔥

funny-animals-dog-sweating.gif
I also completed it last night on PS5, really enjoyed it after completing Elden Ring, I'm now on my second play through to cleanup for the Platinum, I didn't notice any graphical bugs.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda liked No Straight Roads but it could have been much better if the combat didn't sucked. It's a bummer because the game looks nice and has interesting bosses. Cool concept, that could be improved a lot in sequel, if ever get made.

Last difficulty apparently is one hit death mode and that could be miserable experience. Skipping this.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
So weekly store updates on Tuesdays (Aus), new sales go live on Wednesdays and ps plus rotations are happening on Thursdays?

So confusing now lol
Weekly store updates haven't been a thing for years now. Things come out when they come out. Sales go live on Wednesdays, and PS Plus rotations are on Tuesdays (like they have been), just the Essential games (claim to keep) are the first Tuesday and the Extra/Premium update is mid-month.

Whoever said it was Thursday was wrong.

Spinx

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded Tsushima to finally play it and 6 hours later already itching to download and play something else.
"You know I could get into Death Stranding a little. Download Hollow Knight too. Miles looks fun. Oh, Greedfall, always wanted to try it. "
First world problems.

Oct 28, 2017
I finished Returnal last night. Great game. It would have easily been a 10/10 if it wasn't for the final area. I absolutely abhor that underwater shite.

I'm so relieved I beat the final boss with my first attempt otherwise I don't think I would have bothered going back.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I finished Returnal last night. Great game. It would have easily been a 10/10 if it wasn't for the final area. I absolutely abhor that underwater shite.

I'm so relieved I beat the final boss with my first attempt otherwise I don't think I would have bothered going back.

Try the tower if you're not interested in getting the true ending but are in for more gameplay.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Posted in another thread, but has anyone had issues with the Spider-Man DLC after claiming through PS+ Extra and managed to find a fix at all? Seems to be a common issue but the fix I see online (downloading them through the webstore) doesn't appear to work for me.

Same. It's fucking insane they still haven't fixed this shit.

TKWarner

Feb 28, 2021
Downloaded Tsushima to finally play it and 6 hours later already itching to download and play something else.
"You know I could get into Death Stranding a little. Download Hollow Knight too. Miles looks fun. Oh, Greedfall, always wanted to try it. "
First world problems.

I'll tell you what I did with Game Pass to cure my FOMO. I downloaded every game in my backlog over a period of time and played it for an hour or so before moving to the next game. I now know what each game looks like and plays like (I don't need to have any reviews or any other players takes in my head anymore; I can judge it for myself on my own setup) and that allowed me to prioritize and order my backlog without having to worry about the next game because I've already seen it firsthand and played it.

It can take a while to download and play that many games, but I feel less compelled to abandon a game when it starts to drag in places because I know the next game has the many of the same shortcomings and I'm not missing anything at all. Granted, the more games I play, the less this is a problem.

It is otherwise too easy to become enamored with the next big thing when you're starting to question whether you're playing the best game in your backlog. My standards are now about a game being "good enough" to warrant my time and a complete playthrough and not just the best game available at the time.

Last edited:

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I just recall someone said the first Thursday was PS+ Premium Classic games.
Still not sure myself lol. I just know we're supposed to get them every month.

blog.playstation.com

UPDATE: Your guide to the all-new PlayStation Plus

A closer look at the benefits and features.

PlayStation Plus Essential

• A monthly refresh will occur on the first Tuesday of the month for the PlayStation Plus Essential plan (and both higher tiers), with new PS4 and PS5 games every month – same as what PlayStation Plus members get today.

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe

• Another monthly refresh will occur in the middle of the month with new games across PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe plans. The number of games refreshed will vary per month.

We just don't know what specific date middle of the month refers to. Maybe the 19th for July given that is when Stray launches?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Mine is Extra and the game is available through web store

5mplYk8.jpg
Meanwhile in Europe I was only able to stream it with a Premium sub.

Sony need to fix this, as well as some "complete" edition included in the subscription not giving access to DLC (The Council, Control).

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm hoping I can finish Ghost of Tsushima with the DLC, SR3 Remastered, and Greedfall before my sub expires end of August. Don't know if that's a realistic goal for me (think I can do Ghost and SR3 easily, but probably will be cutting it close with Greedfall), but I'll try lol.

Otherwise feels that mostly covers what I'm interested in on the Extra tier that isn't on Game Pass. Gave Returnal a shot but probably won't get back to it since I'll be busy with the above. Also wanted to try Death Stranding DC But know I won't have time for that as well. Hoping that hits $10-15 on a Black Friday deal or something.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
When will we get new PS1 Title Announcements?
I'd guess the schedule will be like this:
Essential games announcement last wednesday of the month, being available first tuesday of the month.
Premium/Extra games announcement probably 2 weeks after that, so Wednesday next week, with the games being available on the third tuesday of the month, July 19th in this case. At least we know Stray releases on that date, and we know it will be on the service. We also know the refresh for Premium and Extra will be mid-month.

Yildiray

May 30, 2022
Germany
I'm currently playing Moving Out and what a funny game, can imagine especially in co-op mode (I play single mode), for those who liked Overcooked, they have to try it!

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Finished Shadow Warrior 3. That was a freaking fun game, very smooth and satisfying combat.

Shame that i will be missing only one trophy for the plat as i won't be able to do it in time. Still lots of weapon and character orbs left =(

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Shadow Warrior 3. That was a freaking fun game, very smooth and satisfying combat.

Shame that i will be missing only one trophy for the plat as i won't be able to do it in time. Still lots of weapon and character orbs left =(
If you keep the PS5 in offline mode, you might be able to stretch the deactivation window a few days beyond the removal date.

SiamShade

Jul 11, 2020
Can someone please elucidate to me how first-party and day one works on the new Plus?
  • I read somewhere that Sony first-party would enter the service between 6 and 18 months (don't know if true), but what about The Last of Us 2? It isn't on the service, as far as I know. What this can tell about the availability of the first party titles?

• Will the first party games remain on the service as long as you're subscribed?

• Is there any kind of third-party day one release?

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
Can someone please elucidate to me how first-party and day one works on the new Plus?
  • I read somewhere that Sony first-party would enter the service between 6 and 18 months (don't know if true), but what about The Last of Us 2? It isn't on the service, as far as I know. What this can tell about the availability of the first party titles?

• Will the first party games remain on the service as long as you're subscribed?

1. I don't think Sony ever said that. Like you said, TLoU2 isn't on the service.
  2. We don't know
  3. Stray is coming Day 1

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

A roughly 12 month window for the big sp games is a reasonable estimation, but they werent going to unload everything day one either.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017

1. remains to be seen. There certainly isn't a fixed schedule, but I imagine most will make their way to the service permanently in due course. TLoU2 specifically, it was on Now for 3 months from October 2021. It looks like they may have ceased this "on for 3 months, off for a while, then on again permanently" pattern for big 1st party titles (Miles Morales, Demons Souls, Returnal for example appear to be "straight to permanent" after ~18 months). But time will tell. I am sure TLoU2 will re-appear on the service at some point.

2. Probably yes, mostly answered above. Maybe they will do the 3 months thing for huge titles again, who knows.

3. Lots, though perhaps not the absolute focus of the service as it is Game Pass. Check my posts recently in this thread, I made a list of plenty recent "day 1 PS+" releases. This month we are getting Stray and Arcadegeddon for sure. There is unlikely to be any crossover at all with day 1 games on each service, this is usually exclusive in the contracts.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Some notes...

- Sony has said they have no plans to put their first party content on the service day 1 as they feel they would not be able to maintain the quality of their games by doing so as a business strategy. Unofficially, keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily preclude the possibility of one-off instances of first party content launching on it, such as smaller titles or live service games that thrive on a larger install base. For example Destruction All-Stars was included on PS+ day one last year. It's made by a third party studio but is a first party title.

Sony also said plans can change in this ever evolving business.

- There's no given time scale of when first party content might appear on the service. Returnal released end of April last year and appeared on PS+ Extra at launch of the service last month. There're indications that Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart may be coming to the service as well and that came out last year, but no idea when it may be added. For now our best guess is maybe a year or so after launch, but it's a brand new service and we're only guessing how Sony plan to handle it.

- TLOU 2 was already put on PS Now about 16 months after the game came out. PS Now would routinely rotate out higher profile first party games after 3 or so months. We don't yet know what their stance will be with first party content on the new PS+ and whether they'll rotate out or remain permanent additions.

- TLOU 2 not being on the new PS+ at launch doesn't really mean anything. They're not going to put all their older content on the service at launch, they'll add content month by month to give folks a reason to stay subscribed and increase the overall value of each monthly content drop.

- Third party day 1 releases are occurring. Just this month on PS+ Essential we're getting Arcadegeddon which is coming out of early access as a day 1 title. Also on PS+ Extra they'll have Stray launching on July 19th as a day 1 title.

Prior to this PS+ would routinely have day 1 content (normally indies) and PS Now also had a recent day 1 title with Shadow Warrior 3 that launched on the service about 3 months ago and is leaving after today. We should expect that third party/indie day 1 content will continue to release on the service and can only guess at the frequency since this is still brand new.

There's a decent chance that Rollerdrome may be on PS+ Extra next month since it releases on the third Tuesday of the month, was featured in Sony's recent SoP and we suspect the third Tuesday of the month is when the Extra/Premium tiers get their game drops.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
3. Lots, though perhaps not the absolute focus of the service as it is Game Pass. Check my posts recently in this thread, I made a list of plenty recent "day 1 PS+" releases. This month we are getting Stray and Arcadegeddon for sure. There is unlikely to be any crossover at all with day 1 games on each service, this is usually exclusive in the contracts.
I would argue since they are not putting big sp games day one, there is much more room for third party releases on the service.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
If you keep the PS5 in offline mode, you might be able to stretch the deactivation window a few days beyond the removal date.

Yeah, i will see how i do tonight going through chapter selection. If i gather most of it i will likely try this method.

When does it leave the service?

Unfortunately this is the last day. But it's a short game, give it a try and if you enjoy maybe try keeping your console offline for a day or two. I didn't know the game was released just about 4 months ago.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Can somebody comfort me and tell me there is a sliver of a chance that Capcom will eventually patch in trophies for Resident Evil: Directors Cut and future Capcom PS1 Classics?

Playing the PS1 Classics with trophies is just so cool. Really enhances the replay value.