• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
It being a Bethesda game coming out after the MS acquisition leads me to believe it has no chance of coming to PS+ at all.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
It being a Bethesda game coming out after the MS acquisition leads me to believe it has no chance of coming to PS+ at all.

I dont have anything to back what I am gonna say but I think Sony does 3rd party exclusive deals with PS+ availability some time after the launch and I believe Deathloop and Ghostwire will eventually come to PS+. See FF7 Remake and Death Stranding.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I dont have anything to back what I am gonna say but I think Sony does 3rd party exclusive deals with PS+ availability some time after the launch and I believe Deathloop and Ghostwire will eventually come to PS+. See FF7 Remake and Death Stranding.

The odds that Sony signed a deal for Ghostwire and Deathloop to come to Plus before Microsoft acquired Zenimax are incredibly slim, practically nil. Especially since the new Plus didn't launch until nearly 2 years after the acquisition was announced. They had exclusivity deals in place for launch, that's it. There is no way Microsoft is gonna agree to put more of their owned content on a competitors subscription service, it wouldn't benefit them at all. They're honoring existing deals and that's it.

Seriously, give up any idea that those games are coming to Plus. If you wanna play them on PlayStation then wait til they're an acceptable price and buy em.

Also, Final Fantasy is owned by Square who are a third party pub. Death Stranding is owned by Sony. Ghostwire and Deathloop are owned by Microsoft.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Can't seem to find that section :/
On the main ps plus page, just scroll all the way down and it should be there.

20220707-141816.jpg

20220707-141813.jpg

It MIGHT not be there now if there are no games listed

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The odds that Sony signed a deal for Ghostwire and Deathloop to come to Plus before Microsoft acquired Zenimax are incredibly slim, practically nil. Especially since the new Plus didn't launch until nearly 2 years after the acquisition was announced. They had exclusivity deals in place for launch, that's it. There is no way Microsoft is gonna agree to put more of their owned content on a competitors subscription service, it wouldn't benefit them at all. They're honoring existing deals and that's it.

Seriously, give up any idea that those games are coming to Plus. If you wanna play them on PlayStation then wait til they're an acceptable price and buy em.

Also, Final Fantasy is owned by Square who are a third party pub. Death Stranding is owned by Sony. Ghostwire and Deathloop are owned by Microsoft.
lol calm down, when Sony made the deal for Ghostwire and Deathloop being exclusive they were a third party dev, its quite obvious that if such a deal for PS+ ever happened it was before the Microsoft acquisition. The new PS+ just launched but its not more than a continuation of PSNow. And the PSNow was seen as an important part of the PS strategy since when the PS5 was announced (they talked about PSNow being better integrated in the PSStore for example) so yes it is possible that some PS+ deal happened. Do you think FF7 Remake coming to PS+ was a separate deal from the game being PS exclusive (meaning it was agreed several years before the game launched)? I find that very unlikely.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
lol calm down, when Sony made the deal for Ghostwire and Deathloop being exclusive they were a third party dev, its quite obvious that if such a deal for PS+ ever happened it was before the Microsoft acquisition. The new PS+ just launched but its not more than a continuation of PSNow. And the PSNow was seen as an important part of the PS strategy since when the PS5 was announced (they talked about PSNow being better integrated in the PSStore for example) so yes it is possible that some PS+ deal happened. Do you think FF7 Remake coming to PS+ was a separate deal from the game being PS exclusive (meaning it was agreed several years before the game launched)? I find that very unlikely.

No, there is no way that back in 2015 when Sony/Square arranged FF7 Remake to be PS console exclusive that they also signed an agreement at that point in time for FF7 Remake to come to PS+ in 2021. Those would have been separate deals negotiated at separate times. I'm not quite sure what your point is in bringing up that game.

Sony wanted the PS5 launch to be jam packed with content and we heard that they approached all major publishers for deals prior to the console launching. From Bethesda they got Deathloop and Ghostwire and their 1 year console exclusive deals. There is no reason to think that a PS+ clause was tacked on to those deals at the time.

And lol at "calm down" 🤣

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
No, there is no way that back in 2015 when Sony/Square arranged FF7 Remake to be PS console exclusive that they also signed an agreement at that point in time for FF7 Remake to come to PS+ in 2021. Those would have been separate deals negotiated at separate times. I'm not quite sure what your point is in bringing up that game.

Sony wanted the PS5 launch to be jam packed with content and we heard that they approached all major publishers for deals prior to the console launching. From Bethesda they got Deathloop and Ghostwire and their 1 year console exclusive deals. There is no reason to think that a PS+ clause was tacked on to those deals at the time.

And lol at "calm down" 🤣
Yup calm down lol. I said there is nothing to prove what I was saying but there isnt anything proving it is not the case either.

Btw when you say that the odds are slim you are agreeing with me that there is a (remote) possibility of those games coming to PS+. I never said to anyone to hold on and not buy the game because it surely will come to PS+, I just said that in my opinion it is possible that a deal was made - and only time will tell.

And even if what I think is wrong, it's okay because I never said I was sure about it, in fact I said the opposite. On the other hand you seem to be absolutely sure that "there is no way" Sony/Square did a deal years before, and I am curious to know the thought process for such conviction. So Sony paid a bunch of money for FF7Remake and over a year passed since the release of the game (enough time for it to influence people into buying PS consoles) and only then Sony decided to pour more money into Squares pockets just to give away the game on PS+? You probably think that all those COD games that were given in PS+ were separate deals from the COD marketing and DLC deals Playstation got, right?

Btw I like how you use dates that best fit your narrative, FF7 launched in early 2020 but saying it came to PS+ in 2021 makes your point seem stronger.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yup calm down lol. I said there is nothing to prove what I was saying but there isnt anything proving it is not the case either.

Btw when you say that the odds are slim you are agreeing with me that there is a (remote) possibility of those games coming to PS+. I never said to anyone to hold on and not buy the game because it surely will come to PS+, I just said that in my opinion it is possible that a deal was made - and only time will tell.

And even if what I think is wrong, it's okay because I never said I was sure about it, in fact I said the opposite. On the other hand you seem to be absolutely sure that "there is no way" Sony/Square did a deal years before, and I am curious to know the thought process for such conviction. So Sony paid a bunch of money for FF7Remake and over a year passed since the release of the game (enough time for it to influence people into buying PS consoles) and only then Sony decided to pour more money into Squares pockets just to give away the game on PS+? You probably think that all those COD games that were given in PS+ were separate deals from the COD marketing and DLC deals Playstation got, right?

Btw I like how you use dates that best fit your narrative, FF7 launched in early 2020 but saying it came to PS+ in 2021 makes your point seem stronger.

Fit my narrative? Friend, we're talking about situations where you were citing FF7 Remake as an example of such a deal. You brought that game into this discussion so I pointed out that using this logic such a deal would've had to have been made all the way back at least in 2015 when the exclusivity deal was signed. A game that didn't launch until 2020 and didn't come to PS+ until 2021. I was pointing out that it made no sense to think that all the way back then when the exclusivity deal was signed that Sony also slipped in a clause that the game would come to Plus a year after launch. That's just not an observed pattern Sony has ever had. For example Street Fighter 5 released February 2016 and didn't come to Plus until August 2020 and that was also a console exclusive. Heck, Sony even helped fund the development of SF5 and no such deal was put in place.

Yes I agree anything at all is possible, it's just a matter of how possible it is and as I noted in my initial response to you such a possibility seems incredibly slim.

If you wish to hold out hope that such a deal was struck for these 2 particular games then that's fine. I just don't see any reason to believe that is the case based on Sony's historical pattern.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished telling lies. It was pretty good!
Used a keyword guide to get the platinum after. I will rinse the shit out of all these shorter games. Minit and foreclosed next

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Finally started Bloodstained Ritual of the Night. Been on my list for awhile but never dropped low enough for me during a sale to pick it up. Thanks to the new PS Plus, I didn't have to buy it lol. I'm early in it, but like it a lot! Not up to SoTN but not many games are to me!

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Finally started Bloodstained Ritual of the Night. Been on my list for awhile but never dropped low enough for me during a sale to pick it up. Thanks to the new PS Plus, I didn't have to buy it lol. I'm early in it, but like it a lot! Not up to SoTN but not many games are to me!

I just started it this morning too, about an hour in. I'm on the fence, need a little more time to decide if I want to proceed.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Saints Row The Third exceeded my expectations. I don't remember the last time I had so much fun in an open-world game, which is crazy seeing how this game is a decade old.

I am surprised that a new entry is releasing next month with minimal buzz around it. I would have imagined the series would be more popular.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Saints Row The Third exceeded my expectations. I don't remember the last time I had so much fun in an open-world game, which is crazy seeing how this game is a decade old.

I am surprised that a new entry is releasing next month with minimal buzz around it. I would have imagined the series would be more popular.
It's a reboot. The original characters are loved but now who knows and if they changed writing teams that has a big impact on these kinds of games too.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

I'm excited for the new Saints Row but personally don't really know what to expect out of current Volition. Not really sure how many people are still there from the SR2-4 days (not that new talent isn't capable of making a good SR game), and their projects since (namely Agents of Mayhem) didn't exactly get the best reception.

So I'm cautiously hopeful for the new SR game. It does seem the game is getting a lot of hate online (at least based on YouTube comments I briefly read on official videos they've uploaded), but I haven't bothered to look into what they're mad about exactly (wasn't too interested I guess).

Marchbaby

Apr 13, 2022
Colorado, USA
I got premium to try it out for a year. Combined with Game Pass Ultimate most of my free time is dead with how many games I can play. I do hope Resistance 1 and 2 get added along with other games but it does have a lot of potential with the right improvements.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020

I loved The Third as well. I think the new one just didn't introduce itself very well. Though the subsequent showings have been better, the first showing didn't really show off much gameplay and everything looked kind of low budget. I'm hoping it captures the spirit of the older games and proves to be a lot of fun.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017

Always been intrigued by this game ever since I heard the GB crew rave about how fun and insane it is. Am I missing much by not knowing anything about the first two games? I'm certain I'll give it a shot once I upgrade my Plus.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Always been intrigued by this game ever since I heard the GB crew rave about how fun and insane it is. Am I missing much by not knowing anything about the first two games? I'm certain I'll give it a shot once I upgrade my Plus.

Nah, I didn't play the first two games until after I played the Third. There are some characters that you'd know better if you played the others, but the story is still very easy to follow and the mood of the game is honestly very different than the first two. The Third is more of a comedic take on GTA and is much more over the top than the first two Saint's games.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I'm not sure it's the right place to ask this
What is the ps plus stacking situation right now !! Mine well run out by December and I'm trying to look for cheap psplus cards to stack them

BlackBate

Oct 22, 2019
As I've learned, here are some of the games that are going to be added on the 19th on PS Plus (Premium+Plus): Stray, FFVII Remake Intergrade + FF7R EPISODE INTERmission, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered, Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry και Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection, Saints Row IV: Re-Elected.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
As I've learned, here are some of the games that are going to be added on the 19th on PS Plus (Premium+Plus): Stray, FFVII Remake Intergrade + FF7R EPISODE INTERmission, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered, Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry και Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection, Saints Row IV: Re-Elected.

Wait wut? Where's this coming from?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Joy a load of assassin's yawn games.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Intergrade/INTERmission would be cool if true. All these AssCreed games dropping at once... man zzz lol.

Last edited:

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
So can we stack like before now or they still won't let you do it like before the new service started!
You can stack Essential as many years as you want, then upgrade all of it to Premium for $150 which is the price cap. Be warned though that once you upgrade, any other 12 month Essential codes you enter automatically converts to half a year of Premium. So it makes the most sense to buy as many as possible and upgrade in one shot, also the cards have been reportedly discontinued so they will run out at some point.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also foreseeing problems for those who already claimed FF7R with PS+. Let's hope Sony has fixed these issues and let me claim the Intergrade DLC/version without issues.

If you're referring to BlackBates list, even if we assume it's accurate they said "some of the games", not all of them

True. But expections set accordingly.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
That's a lot of Assassin's Creed. Probably going to get a handful of Ubisoft games every month to fill out their Classics catalog.

Well for them to hit their stated goals by the end of the year they need to have an average of 4 games added to Classics each month. Guess they're getting many of the AC games out of the way early, lol.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That list has nothing for me aside from Stray. Bought and finished the Yuffie DLC previously and it's a great addition if anyone doesn't have it.

Since my sub runs out on august 20 it'll be interesting to see if what they add then will be enough to keep me subbed or take a break until something tempting shows up.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, i was thinking about replaying Black Flag after that mediocre Skull and Bones showing today but saw it was 30 bucks on the store. Glad I held back.

Hopefully more classics show up as well.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Yuffie's DLC! That's what I wanted. Can I start that from the menu?

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
Trust in Blackbate tbh, has not been wrong so far