• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Suprised if they didn't show much new. Nagoshi always seems to be bring a ton of content. Well they already did that I suppose with trailers and gameplay demos. They are a super prolific studio.
They showed a gameplay trailer, story trailer and showed off the new combat this week. What more were you expecting? Plus we'll probably get the usual streams with Nagoshi every 2 weeks until release going into detail with other gameplay mechanics. Seems around on part with most other Yakuza TGS reveals - small trailer before the event, larger trailer + gameplay & mini game trailers at the event.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
They showed a gameplay trailer, story trailer and showed off the new combat this week. What more were you expecting? Plus we'll probably get the usual streams with Nagoshi every 2 weeks until release going into detail with other gameplay mechanics. Seems around on part with most other Yakuza TGS reveals - small trailer before the event, larger trailer + gameplay & mini game trailers at the event.

I was basically agreeing with that.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tCyJra5.gif

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I was basically agreeing with that.
But you said "surprised they didn't show much new". But they did. They showed quite a bit - Carting, Slots, several story scenes/traiers both in Kamurocho (beginning) and Yokohama (presumeably early in the game as well), a mini game/gameplay trailer showing several brand new mini games, showing off the combat more in depth than the behind closed doors event last month, summons etc. Outside of giving us a demo like Judge Eyes last year I can't really think of what else they could have shown.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
But you said "surprised they didn't show much new". But they did. They showed quite a bit - Carting, Slots, several story scenes/traiers both in Kamurocho (beginning) and Yokohama (presumeably early in the game as well), a mini game/gameplay trailer showing several brand new mini games, showing off the combat more in depth than the behind closed doors event last month, summons etc. Outside of giving us a demo like Judge Eyes last year I can't really think of what else they could have shown.

I was talking about this stage presentation. The showed alot new at TGS.

Jun 4, 2018
New character teased, dubbed in Japanese by Tomokazu Sugita! Apparently, Kojima is the only one who knows this character... Not even the other voice actors knew of this character!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when Kojima was talking about Kaz's character i heard him say prepper. But i don't if he was saying that Kaz's character isn't, or is one.

From the context and how he was saying it (And i know i'm talking about of my big bony bum) I'm going to say that he isn't a prepper character.
🤣

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
The new character is played by David Hayter, the character's name is simply "David". It turns out he is Sam's mentor. You know who else was named David and voiced by Hayter?