• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta time it right that it doesn't get hype swept away by RDR2.

Needs time to breathe, Before another breath of the wild and horizon situation happens.
I assume Sony's really shaping their schedule around RDR2. Days Gone has more to risk launching close to RDR2. A new open world IP would be sent to die anywhere near it.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
it's gotten just a tad bit more popular though. Yakuza 0 I think reached mainstream ears to the tiniest extent and I don't think the series has seen its full potential in success in the west.

And it never will, its a shame but Yakuza is never going to sell gangbusters, even though they deserve it. The best we can hope for is around 100/150k copies sold for Sega to continue bringing them over.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I will be fairly surprised if it comes out after March 31st. Missing the end of the fiscal year would be a big deal.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
And it never will, its a shame but Yakuza is never going to sell gangbusters, even though they deserve it. The best we can hope for is around 100/150k copies sold for Sega to continue bringing them over.
I think that's about how much 0 sold, and they were happy with that.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
How about March...wait for it...2019.

:(

Nothing finishes on time anymore other then COD or Madden.

Rarity

Dec 3, 2017
My friend finished up sound work on it a few weeks ago, so I expect it to release soon (not fall). Though who am I to understand how production pipelines work.

borges

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argentina
My preferred PS game of all time, with Gran Turismo. Really expecting to be great and playing it many hours on friend's house ha. I still recall those nights on first god of war with that horde mode... awesome...

Oct 27, 2017
I think expecting a March release date at this point is unrealistic. Sony gives plenty of time between release date announcement and actual release for big AAA games. Let's look a some recent examples, for North America.

GT Sport: Release date announced approximately Jul 13, 2017. Actual Release Oct 17th, 2017. Time equals: 3 Months, 4 days.
Horizon: Release date announced approximately June 6, 2016. Actual Release Feb 27, 2017 Time equals: 8 months, 24 days
Uncharted Lost Legacy: Release date announced approximately April 11, 2017. Actual Release Aug 22, 2017 Time equals 4 months, 11 days
Gravity Rush 2: Release date announced approximately Oct 5, 2016. Actual Release Jan 20, 2017 Time Equals 3 months, 15 days

Now, this isn't a perfect analysis, but logically speaking, Sony typically gives at minimum about 3 months of lead time between saying the release date and actually releasing something. Doing anything different would be highly out of character. Even announcing the release date tomorrow would put the game close to mid April, following their previous examples. March is simply out of the question at this point, with all due respect.

Oct 28, 2017

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
My friend finished up sound work on it a few weeks ago, so I expect it to release soon (not fall). Though who am I to understand how production pipelines work.

I saw key animators wrap up and move on to other projects/studios too. I honestly was, and still am for now, expecting to drop in March. The 22nd was likely the day but with Yakuza and Ni No Kuni that week, maybe it's a tad bit crowded?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
They have shown literally 90 seconds of gameplay outside of the tutorial and have refused to show:

-The crafting system
-Leveling system
-Exploration
-Puzzles

I just strongly doubt that they are confident in this game right now.
I'm not following the trailers due to spoilers, but is there really no gameplay showing the mechanics of the game at all so far?

Exploration, leveling system, and itemization would be nice.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
God of war 1- March 22 2005
God of war 2- March 13, 2007
God of war 3- March 16, 2010
God of war ascension- March 12, 2013

I think they continue this trend with the console GOW games and release in March.

Last edited:

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Right. But I believe there was a rumor a few weeks ago that showed a listing on the PlayStation store had it as March. Here's the link with the rumor.http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/05/god-of-war-release-date-chile-playstation-4-store/

Yes, but remember, that was right before psx. If that was real I have to think that it would have been announced then. And who knows, maybe, it was going to be and it changed, but now I have trouble believing Sony is going to give us two months (or less) notice on the release date.

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, but remember, that was right before psx. If that was real I have to think that it would have been announced then. And who knows, maybe, it was going to be and it changed, but now I have trouble believing Sony is going to give us two months (or less) notice on the release date.
True. May have ran into a snag. Or they want to switch it up and have that come later in the year. Who knows.

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assume Sony's really shaping their schedule around RDR2. Days Gone has more to risk launching close to RDR2. A new open world IP would be sent to die anywhere near it.

Yeah Days Gone would certainly want to stay well away from the launch of RDR2.

Sony has games rolling out all the time so likely isn't feeling any pressure for offering release dates.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Have people forgotten how it was with God of War 3?? That game was also in radio silence for a while after it's first demo showing at E3 2009. Let SSM take their time they need to make it the best game of this generation.

OP
OP
CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Your thread title says Fall. May/June is not Fall.
i can change my thought. considering the game doesnt have a date yet, i personally dont think it will be spring. i mentioned this already. while i originally thought that they should have just played it safe and said fall..i think may or june is also likely/

you dont have to read into the comment like that man,

Oct 27, 2017

I agree.

QUOTE="kowalski, post: 3133012, member: 15116"]Guys they did the same with God of War III and didn't announced a release date till Jan 28.[/QUOTE]

Good point. They did say 'soon' (for the date), so...

OP
OP
CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
If it was to come out in late June, I bet some of you would be mad lol. I'd rather wait than follow a trend of dates just because. But i am not saying it is not super polished already, who knows

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hey folks! Not quite sure whether to post this or make it a thread, however I just found something very curious today (like, 5 minutes ago even).

My usual online retailer (here in Portugal) just updated (or at least I only noticed it today that is) their God of War release date to March 22nd:
26841055_1526809484041040_6425722270817864222_o.jpg

Now, what's interesting about this is that this particular retailer only adds specific dates like that IF they have them. Otherwise, what they'll do is something like this (it says "Spring 2018"):

26677971_1526809460707709_1373678225412833465_o.jpg

Or something even more general, more in the lines of an actual placeholder (just "2018"):

26221067_1526809467374375_1672103454284029751_o.jpg

--

Now, this may likely be a whole lotta nothing, but even if they were doing this based on general rumours they'd just place a "March 2018" date for it. Or even a more general "Spring 2018" like in the RDR2 example. It's odd that they'd specifically use "March 22nd 2018" for it, I've used their site for years now (literally since the PS2 days) and I can't recall a single time they've used a wrong date on purpose (delays and logistical problems have happened of course, but they're the 1st ones to inform their costumers of anything of the sort too), not when they book down a specific day at least.

Could this be an early "leak" of the actual date?

http://www.mega-mania.com.pt/pt/produto/4219-god-of-war-ps (<-- the link for the GoW landing page in the site, if anyone is curious).

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
What if it gets delayed to 2019?

I can't see that happening...then again with how unstoppable GTAV is and all the cash coming in, maybe Take Two wants to squeeze another year out of it and intentionally push RDR2 to next year?

Either way I think we'll get God of War and RDR2's release dates, or delays, by the end of the month.

Edit: RocknRola, go ahead and make a new thread mate. :) "Rumor: Retailer leaks God of War release: March 22nd" .We had one when PSN leaked it so go ahead if i were you.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I can't see that happening...then again with how unstoppable GTAV is and all the cash coming in, maybe Take Two wants to squeeze another year out of it and intentionally push RDR2 to next year?

Either way I think we'll get God of War and RDR2's release dates, or delays, by the end of the month.

Edit: RocknRola, go ahead and make a new thread mate. :) "Rumor: Retailer leaks God of War release: March 22nd" .We had one when PSN leaked it so go ahead if i were you.
Alright, I'll give it a go!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'd be very surprised if it didn't come out in March tbh, what with the recent rumour / possible leak of a 22nd March release date and March is God of War's usual release window, only Ghost of Sparta was different, with a November release, all the other games have been March.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It would have been way better than staying quiet. I think people actually expect them to say "Here is a new trailer,

Nah, I think it's releasing somewhere late January or early February. They wouldn't be dropping ad spots all over the place saying EARLY 2018 if the really meant mid or late 2018...It's wasted money to advertise now for something that's releasing this year, but 6 months from now.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
People are really freaking out about game releases that have until May 31st to release for not stating dates by January 15th lmao