• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
And that's all of the ones that didn't work yesterday now completed.

FYI - I got the "Your PlayStation Plus monthly games await" Destiny 2 campaign to complete using the 30.85GB PS4 version, no need to download the 126.4GB(!) PS5 version...

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
I did both. Not sure if this is related to the EA Play discount. Will follow up with PS Support.
Just got off the phone with them. They don't know what's going on, but since they can see that the purchase was completed (and the standard points were awarded as usual), they asked me to send them a print screen of the app page with the campaign status.

They also said it would most likely be awarded at the end of the month, but that sounded fishy.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
It's the second time they put the February monthly games campaign as just Beyond Light. ☠️

Let's hope the third time is the charm, anyway, 100 free points I guess.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Played UMvC3 and SCVI… campaign hasn't popped.
Played Rocket League… campaign hasn't popped.
Game catalogue campaign, three have popped but Life is Strange hasn't even though I played episode one.

And god knows what's going on with Beyond Light, it's still showing as 24.99 even though I have Plus and D2 installed.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
What's the deal with teh Rocket League campaign? I played a private match, scoring lots of goals, but nothing popped. Do I need to ruin matches with my terrible skills for real-life people before the one will complete?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
What's the deal with teh Rocket League campaign? I played a private match, scoring lots of goals, but nothing popped. Do I need to ruin matches with my terrible skills for real-life people before the one will complete?

Popped for me about 3 seconds after I clicked on it. Didn't even make it to the main menu

Mike

Nov 3, 2022
Hi, does anyone have the ID for the Sifu collectable? It still has not appeared for me, and I understand time is running out?

KillerStar

Oct 25, 2017
So... we had campaigns for Chocolate Hazenut Spread, Happy Pie Day and International Black Tea Day collectibles but nothing for Valentine's Day...
I guess that the February's T-Rex heart shaped collectible was enough.

KillerStar

Oct 25, 2017
New collectible for PS Plus members ('merci de faire partie de la communauté PlayStation Plus'):

SzsHFVb.png

Play any game.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
There is apparently a new collectible for Folding at Home from the PS3 as well. I used that back in the day but for some reason the campaign isn't showing for me. Big surprise. I didn't get either of the PS3 campaigns either even though I owned them both. So tired of this

SonySilly

Dec 3, 2022
There is apparently a new collectible for Folding at Home from the PS3 as well. I used that back in the day but for some reason the campaign isn't showing for me. Big surprise. I didn't get either of the PS3 campaigns either even though I owned them both. So tired of this
Yep same here. Remember when I first got my PS3 back in 2007 I literally used to try "everything" available, all demos, all games on PSN and I do remember trying out Folding@Home. It's always these PS3 era collectables just don't seem to filter through correctly.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
I used to leave Folding@Home on overnight every night for a long while. I was a broke student then too and really couldn't afford too, but I was both fascinated by the technology and wanted to do a good deed.

No collectible for me, obviously.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
F@H collectible showed up for me, for whatever reason it appeared further down the list.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Edit:- the id has been shared here.

If anyone would like to share the campaign id for the Folding@Home campaign it would be appreciated - given that it's yet another PS3-era one which is using selection criteria which seems to be excluding lots of accounts which should be eligible. The steps to do this are:

1. Log in to https://store.playstation.com
2. In the same browser go to this page
3. It should display a text based JSON response in the browser from their API showing all the campaigns you're eligible for (if you use Firefox it will automatically format this in a more readable format), and if you find the campaign related to Folding@Home reply with it's id (it will look like "id": "162f269d-1ed9-5647-a015-30cf1b76a766"). This id is not unique to your account but to the campaign itself, you'll find it between the "endDate" and "images" section for the campaign.

Last edited:

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how they enable these things, I never got the PlayStation Home one even though I was there from the first beta but I got this one having only folded for about 2 days.

Thanks for sharing that. With PS Home the speculation was that it was based on having earned a trophy within in, and the trophies weren't added to the game until some time post release.

With this one it's hard to say, perhaps you had to have had it running for a specific amount of time (although you'd have to wonder whether would they actually still have the information about which accounts contributed how much after all these years).

SonySilly

Dec 3, 2022
Thanks for sharing that. With PS Home the speculation was that it was based on having earned a trophy within in, and the trophies weren't added to the game until some time post release.

With this one it's hard to say, perhaps you had to have had it running for a specific amount of time (although you'd have to wonder whether would they actually still have the information about which accounts contributed how much after all these years).
I think for me it could be that I did all of this on my launch fat PS3 that has not been connected to PSN since 2010 or so possibly as I moved over to a Slim shortly after, maybe at some point in time they were collecting some tracking data and I just wasn't online for it. Could be a theory though, whether theres folks out there still using a launch fat PS3 or not. I think I only ever used F@H when it first launched.

There's some posts going around on Twitter that it may have something to do with "Life with PlayStation" rebranding.

Last edited:

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I think for me it could be that I did all of this on my launch fat PS3 that has not been connected to PSN since 2010 or so possibly as I moved over to a Slim shortly after, maybe at some point in time they were collecting some tracking data and I just wasn't online for it. Could be a theory though, whether theres folks out there still using a launch fat PS3 or not. I think I only ever used F@H when it first launched.

There's some posts going around on Twitter that it may have something to do with "Life with PlayStation" rebranding.

My fat ps3 YLOD in like 2010 so I picked up a slim but folding was removed by that point I think. But neither have been online in almost a decade.

SonySilly

Dec 3, 2022
Looks like we're getting a detailed campaign to complete.
blog.playstation.com

Join us for PlayStation Plus Festival of Play

Activities begin today, and include PlayStation Stars campaigns, Double Discounts, competitions and more.

With Horizon Forbidden West joining the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog starting on February 21, you can get "A Gift from the Past" digital collectible by checking into the "Welcome to the Forbidden West" campaign and earning the following trophies. This campaign is only available to PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe members who have yet to earn these trophies.
  • "Save the Daunt"
  • "Attend the Embassy"
  • "Obtain 3 Stripes at a Hunting Ground"
  • "Used Dyed Flowers"
  • "First Rebel Camp Completed"
  • "First Tall Neck Overwritten"

Nov 1, 2022
Based on the wording you can't get these if you already got the trophies?
That's annoying as I Platinumed the game already
Maybe the campaign is for those yet to start the game and those who have completed it will simply get the collectible added to their collections. I haven't played it yet so I should be able to get it... But it makes me worried about all the other games I 100%.

Nov 1, 2022
So did anyone ever get the Slim PS3? I would really like to get the ID for it before it expires.
I'm still waiting for someone kind enough to share these ID's...
Missing the PS3 slim, PS3 (white), PockeStation (white), and PocketStation (black).

Also, no idea what a PSN anniversary collectible or birthday collectible is for reaching level 4.
PSN creation anniversary was in November, and I was level 4 by then. If it is my PSN creation anniversary then it has already passed as well. Is the birthday collectible for my actual birthday or the date that I created my account?

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017

That's certainly how it reads. Hopefully they actually mean people who already have those trophies will automatically get access to it; but if it is how it sounds then "lets reward your loyalty by excluding you" would be in keeping with the PS Stars experience so far.

PS5Stars

Banned
Jan 21, 2023
PlayStation World

The word "yet" in that sentence sounds like an unintended typo because if you take out that word specifically and then read the entire paragraph and sentence without it, then it comes off as a checklist requirement to earn all 6 of those specific trophies listed while being a PlayStation Plus Extra or Premium/Deluxe in order to be eligible for the PS Stars campaign to register. I guess we will find out on February 21st.

In fact, I have bolded the emphasis down below without the word "yet".
  • With Horizon Forbidden West joining the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog starting on February 21, you can get "A Gift from the Past" digital collectible by checking into the "Welcome to the Forbidden West" campaign and earning the following trophies. This campaign is only available to PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe members who have to earn these trophies.
    • "Save the Daunt"
    • "Attend the Embassy"
    • "Obtain 3 Stripes at a Hunting Ground"
    • "Used Dyed Flowers"
    • "First Rebel Camp Completed"
    • "First Tall Neck Overwritten"
The writer used the word "yet" to emphasize the adverb "by now" as defined in the dictionary meaning he didn't imply nor type for example "only available to PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe members who have NOT yet earned these trophies". The key word missing is NOT.

WORST CASE SCENARIO IF IT IS NOT TYPO ERROR, THEN since HFW on PS4 & PS5 is coming to the PS Plus Extra tier and higher, get the trophies on PS4 version.

Last edited:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Just an insane stipulation for Horizon, considering they already have the ability to retroactively award rewards based on acquired trophies.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's crazy. I guess we'll see what happens.
MS rewards started out like this and they had to learn to start doing more general campaigns or things that aren't tied to achievement unlocks bc you make it so people can't get them.

ErikR68

Oct 5, 2022
CT
The folding @ home collectible said, "Thank you for being among the first 15 million PS3 owners".

Edit: The exact text reads..

"PlayStation 3 Folding@home" "Thank you for being among the 15 million PlayStation 3 owners who helped scientists study proteins. With your help, over 100 million computational hours were used to help scientists better understand complex diseases."

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
So how is this Festival of Play collectible unlocked? The Swedish translation roughly says "Play a PS4 or PS5 game of your choice to acquire a collectible." I have played several games since the challenge was made available but I still haven't unlocked it. Not sure if the Swedish translation is wonky, but how do you unlock it? Should just some gaming do the trick, or do you actually have to unlock ANOTHER collectible to unlock this as well?

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
So how is this Festival of Play collectible unlocked? The Swedish translation roughly says "Play a PS4 or PS5 game of your choice to acquire a collectible." I have played several games since the challenge was made available but I still haven't unlocked it. Not sure if the Swedish translation is wonky, but how do you unlock it? Should just some gaming do the trick, or do you actually have to unlock ANOTHER collectible to unlock this as well?

Same in English and I've played a bunch of games including my fall back ones that always unlock these.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My prime rib fighting one isn't triggering - played should Calibur streaming and as a download when that didn't work - still nothing

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they released the Festival of play collectible to early and that's why it's not unlocking, maybe on the 21st??

This one completed for me as soon as I started a game yesterday.

Someone in the PS5 beta firmware thread pointed out that play time tracking has been broken/inconsistent for the last 2 weeks, so that could explain why PS Stars is extra unreliable at the moment if the data that you've played a game isn't being sent back properly.

Nov 2, 2022
I'm still waiting for someone kind enough to share these ID's...
Missing the PS3 slim, PS3 (white), PockeStation (white), and PocketStation (black).

Also, no idea what a PSN anniversary collectible or birthday collectible is for reaching level 4.
PSN creation anniversary was in November, and I was level 4 by then. If it is my PSN creation anniversary then it has already passed as well. Is the birthday collectible for my actual birthday or the date that I created my account?
same over here those are the only 4 i still need aswell

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Someone in the PS5 beta firmware thread pointed out that play time tracking has been broken/inconsistent for the last 2 weeks, so that could explain why PS Stars is extra unreliable at the moment if the data that you've played a game isn't being sent back properly.
This must be it.
Nothing is unlocking for me right now.