• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Screen_Shot_2020-08-26_at_2.18.22_PM.png

There's also a FAQ that should answer every question except for date and price.

Who will be selected to receive an invitation?

Our selection is based on previous interests and PlayStation activities.

When will I know if I've been selected or not?
If you are selected, we will contact you via email before pre-orders start. If you do not receive an email, you were not selected.

If I receive an invitation, am I guaranteed to be able to pre-order a PS5 console?
No. Each invitation is open for a limited time and quantities are limited per PSN ID per transaction:

• 1 PS5 Console or 1 PS5 Digital Edition
  • 2 DualSense wireless controllers
  • 2 DualSense charging stations
  • 2 Pulse 3D wireless headsets
  • 2 Media remotes
  • 2 HD Cameras
PS5 console pre-order reservations will be first come first serve.

In order to pre-order, do I have to pre-order everything?
No. As long as your product selection falls within unit limits, you may pre-order as many or as few products as you'd like.

How long will I have to make a PS5 console pre-order reservation?
If selected, the expiration date and time will be included in your selection notification email and while supplies last.

Can I reserve more than one PS5 console pre-order?
Due to limited quantities and high demand, we will be limiting PS5 console pre-order reservations to 1 per PSN ID.

Will other PS5 products be available for pre-order?
Yes. Although these will be open to the general public for pre-order, only PS5 console reservations will be limited to those invited to pre-order.

What if I receive a "Sold Out" message?
All available PS5 consoles have been reserved.

I currently reside outside the US. If invited, can I still make a PS5 console pre-order reservation?
If you receive an invite and units are still available, as long as you ship to a US based address, your pre-order reservation will be allowed.
Any orders that contain a non-US based address will be cancelled.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bull. Shit. (I'm in Canada)

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I registered but I have not received a confirmation email. Has anyone received one?

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'll pre-order thru Best Buy so I can pick it up at midnight, but I registered anyway.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Got mine, registered.

I don't think it matters, but I'm going to be buying initially for my son, who has a different gamertag. I would imagine the consoles won't be pre-registered to the gamertag I used (mine, since I'll be the one paying for it).

Interesting promotion for pre-orders...

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Can anyone tell me if it worked? It just said thank you and then return to PlayStation.com or something

EDIT: I only entered my psn name

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So they are thinking they are not going to have enough supply to meet anticipated launch demand based on the wording of the email (although it could just be PR speak to create FOMO I think PS5 could be sell out before a second shipment).

US only? I expect to see similar elsewhere soon

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Why in the utter fuck do I never get a single email from Playstation about shit like this?

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This kinda sucks for most people, but the free for all they'd have to do otherwise would suck as well due to scalpers.
This is only likely for countries where Sony / Playstation sell physical items directly.

Got an email on my psn usa account which hasn't been used to play games or purchase anything in years.

Last edited:

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Does this mean Sony direct pre-orders?

i really really don't want to miss out, I have the money, this is the first gen I am 110% ready. I t would suck to miss out on a preorder which is the only thing I've cared about for months.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Limiting it by PSN and basing on activity is a smart way to prevent bots from registering a bunch of free PSN IDs.

Is this the first time trophy level will mean something? lmao

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Registered but I never get emails from Sony/PlayStation, especially when they send out freebies or those neat stats/progression ones. :/

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
what are people meaning when they say "got mine"? I got nothing and just went to the site and entered my PSN name twice and entered. No emails or anything