• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

We're not quite done with 2019 yet! Let's welcome the new decade by taking a look at the last one's final PS Store downloads chart. Notably, The Witcher III: Wild Hunt nabbed the #7 spot last month. I wonder why…

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto V, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order sit comfortably atop the PS4 chart, while virtual reality behemoths Beat Saber, Superhot VR, and Job Simulator rule the PS VR list.

PS4 games :
  1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (1)
  2. GTA V (5)
  3. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (2)
  4. NBA 2K20 (6)
  5. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (RE)
  6. Rainbow Six Siege (11)
  7. The Witcher 3 - Complete Edition (RE)
  8. Madden NFL 20 (8)
  9. Minecraft (13)
  10. Spider-Man (12)
  11. Need for Speed Heat (4)
  12. FIFA 20 (7)
  13. Red Dead Redemption 2 (14)
  14. God of War (9)
  15. UFC 3 (17)
  16. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (19)
  17. Resident Evil 2 (RE)
  18. The Forest (RE)
  19. Rocket League (RE)
  20. Ghost Recon Breakpoint (18)

PS VR games :
  1. Beat Saber
  2. Superhot VR
  3. Job Simulator
  4. Skyrim VR
  5. Arizona Sunshine
  6. Batman: Arkham VR
  7. Creed: Rise to Glory
  8. Astro Bot Rescue Mission
  9. Blood & Truth
  10. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Grand Theft Auto V was the most downloaded game on PlayStation Store last month, holding off both FIFA 20 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to claim the top spot in the last digital charts of 2019.

While PS4 games jostled into new positions in December, the top PS VR, DLC and F2P spots continued to be held by the previous month's titles, with Beat Saber topping the PS VR chart and Fortnite the F2P and DLC charts.

PS4 games :
  1. Grand Theft Auto V (6)
  2. EA Sports FIFA 20 (2)
  3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (1)
  4. Tekken 7 (RE)
  5. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (4)
  6. Star Wars Battlefront II (15)
  7. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (12)
  8. Rocket League (13)
  9. Need for Speed Heat (3)
  10. EA Sports UFC 3 (11)
  11. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (RE)
  12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (10)
  13. Red Dead Redemption 2 (6)
  14. The Forest (RE)
  15. The Sims 4 (16)
  16. Resident Evil 2 Remake (17)
  17. NBA 2K20 (18)
  18. Marvel's Spider-Man (7)
  19. GT Sport (RE)
  20. Need for Speed (RE)

PS VR games :
  1. Beat Saber (1)
  2. Blood & Truth (1)
  3. Job Simulator (4)
  4. Superhot VR (6)
  5. Astro Bot Rescue Mission (3)
  6. Until Dawn Rush of Blood (RE)
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (RE)
  8. Farpoint (RE)
  9. Doom VFR (RE)
  10. Batman: Arkham VR (RE)

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I got Best Saber, in January, amazing game. Expected Blood and Truth to be ranked higher.

No Death Standing at all is weird, but they almost didn't discount it, I'm one of those waiting for a bigger discount. For most of the month it costed 70 so it was better to get it physical cheaper anywhere though, might explain a bit.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
GTA was $15 for a decent chunk of the month too so that's unsurprising

Oct 25, 2017
HOW IS GTA STILL TOP 5 AFTER 7 YEARS. WTF
New consoles getting opened on Christmas and the first thing people want is GTA V.

Also many have suspected that it has something to do with them putting game + microtransaction money bundles on sale for cheaper than the microtransaction money alone, so those with a disc will re-buy the game for the microtransaction money.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
GTA still is interesting because it never seems to be that high in any of the major retail territories. It must be selling gangbusters in small countries.

That, or there's some money laundering scheme I don't know about.

Edit: was talking about Europe, obviously it being high this month in both territories is because of a good deal.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad Modern Warfare and Infinity Ward managed to survive, BOMBA was underselling it.

lol

Now really, I'm really surprised God of War and Spider-Man are still up there after a whole year and a half (almost two for GOW). Amazing achievements for Sony.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Have to note Rainbow Six Siege also. It's another game in addition of GTA V that always seem to be in these charts. Second best legs of the gen.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
New consoles getting opened on Christmas and the first thing people want is GTA V.

Also many have suspected that it has something to do with them putting game + microtransaction money bundles on sale for cheaper than the microtransaction money alone, so those with a disc will re-buy the game for the microtransaction money.
This is true lol, I've bought copies of this game on PC for that MTX cash since it's literally half off compared to $100.
i think someone said it well here, "someone turns 18 every day" :D and indeed, there aren´t any Saints Row´s or competition in that space anymore
It's wild to think that the open world market if done right with good MP can last this long.
I'm just glad Modern Warfare and Infinity Ward managed to survive, BOMBA was underselling it.

lol

Now really, I'm really surprised God of War and Spider-Man are still up there after a whole year and a half (almost two for GOW). Amazing achievements for Sony.
I mean MW is the best cod has ever been so it makes sense.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Have to note Rainbow Six Siege also. It's another game in addition of GTA V that always seem to be in these charts. Second best legs of the gen.

Sure if we are naming games with great legs then Minecraft deserves a shoutout as well. That said, GTA V is a completely different beast.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other than the fact that it's on sale. Until GTAV has direct competition (really only GTA6 will be) it will continue to sell incredibly well. RDR2 has online but it's not the same. So GTA Online is a very unique experience.

Yeah.
But how are there that many people who still don't have the game buying it every month?

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bought GTA V 3 times. Once for the PS3, once for the PS4, and I just bought it for PC for the VR mod.🤮

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wow, reviews really hurt Death Stranding terribly. What a shame, it is a different kind of game, sure, but holy fuck is it addictive, I keep coming back to it and could go for hours, it's gonna take me a while to finish it.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
GTA 5 is the most impressive entertainment product of all time sales wise. What a BEAST