• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
EU:

eus7f9y.png

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...res-most-downloaded-game-of-2018/#sf205797666

NA:

nadyf7i.png

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/01/11/playstation-store-the-top-downloads-of-2018/

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
tlMqQul.png

Nice to see Psychonauts charting, also Vita charts seem as expected.

Oct 27, 2017
How do you sell more copies of the Destiny expansion pass than copies of Forsaken? Was Forsaken also a physical release?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
So Black Ops 4 above RDR2, impressive

Good to see Spider-Man and God of War strong as hell in both EU/NA top
Horizon 12th in EU top, glad for Guerrilla

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Surprised to see Horizon Zero Dawn so high up in the EU, ahead of Battlefield V, Monster Hunter World and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Seems like the game has strong legs. Shame we didn't get a top 20 for the US.

GTA V still killing it, God of War and Spider-Man doing incredibly well.

Last edited:

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Disheartened by the lack of Astro Bot and to a lesser degree Tetris Effect in these PSVR lists. I can get not wanting to spend $40 on 'just another Tetris' (even though I disagree with that assessment), but Astro is GotY material and worth every cent of that $40.

Surprised to see Horizon Zero Dawn so high up in the EU.

EU good taste confirmed. They also have Astro Bot at No. 6, which is completely missing from the NA PSVR charts.

Oct 27, 2017
Incredible work from God of War and Spider-Man. Beat Saber is a VR phenomenon, it released super late, but no Astro Bot on the US side is pure abominaton. Still don't know anyone who plays Gang Beasts by the way.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Wow, Gangbeasts must be a huge success. Not something I would expect to really do huge numbers either.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Absolutely amazing performance for Spidey and GOW, specially in US. So happy for Insomiac and SSM.

Dec 12, 2017
A Monster Hunter game was a top 10 seller...what a weird world we live in.

Granted this is downloads, and I have a feeling people doing digital downloads are more likely to be "gamers" who play things like god of war or monster hunter.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I knew it'd be FIFA at the top before I even clicked on the thread.

5xg3U8K.jpg

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Astro Bot missing from the US PSVR list is a little confusing. It's by far the most impressive and fun PSVR title out today.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
No Astrobot in NA is horrible. Deserves to be #1! I know we had bundles with it but what of all the others who already had it? VR skews towards digital I feel too so I doubt it sold tons physically.

OP
OP
Gerwant

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
GTAV is a phenomenon, in top 5 after 4 years. Also I'm surprised how low AC Odyssey is on the EU charts, barely making it on the 20 spot.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That DLC section is hilarious, surprised to see GoW above Spider-Man in EU though, Scandinavians putting work?

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disheartened by the lack of Astro Bot and to a lesser degree Tetris Effect in these PSVR lists. I can get not wanting to spend $40 on 'just another Tetris' (even though I disagree with that assessment), but Astro is GotY material and worth every cent of that $40.

EU good taste confirmed. They also have Astro Bot at No. 6, which is completely missing from the NA PSVR charts.
There was an astro bot and moss bundle in NA for PSVR. Not sur eif they had one for the EU

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I understand why it is that way but I'm kind of sad that it's the Kinect-style VR experiences that dominated the charts rather than the adventure games of various sorts. What I want to play is grand adventures like Doom, Astro Bot, Moss, Skyrim, Déraciné to play inside of a 3D world rather than to see my hands slice fruit with precision. I don't mean to imply that something like Beat Saber isn't a super fun and challenging rhythm game but it's not what I want personally.

Sad to see The Persistence not charting in either region and Astro Bot only in EU but I guess to a degree it "hurt" them to have retail releases.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Horizon Zero Dawn is still able to chart even though it came out the year before.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real issue is that Fifa 19 is the worst Fifa of all time by a huge margin. Arguably the worst gameplay ever.

To each their own, I appreciate the slower approach they did this year, feels like the biggest positive evolution the game had in a while. I remember years where the biggest thing was improved goalkeepers or female championships. FIFA 19 definitely feels like an evolution at least.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
To each their own, I appreciate the slower approach they did this year, feels like the biggest positive evolution the game had in a while. I remember years where the biggest thing was improved goalkeepers or female championships. FIFA 19 definitely feels like an evolution at least.
I mean the best way to score a goal is a finesse shot from outside the box lmao... You just need a yellow timing and the keeper is fucked , even from impossible angles...

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The real issue is that Fifa 19 is the worst Fifa of all time by a huge margin. Arguably the worst gameplay ever.

I actually prefer the gameplay in Fifa 19. It might be an incremental step up, but it makes a difference. The quality of the AI, defence, tackles, overall balance and pace of games etc is just more realistic and methodical. We have an annual Christmas Fifa tournament (15-20 players), and the games were far closer and tighter this year than last. Albeit a slightly bit less exciting or dramatic, with fewer overall total goals.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of surprised at how high Gang Beasts is, it's not really something I ever had the impression was particularly pushed compared to other indies. I mean, it's higher than Rocket League, and that is what I'd regard as "a particularly heavily pushed indie".

Edit: Similar "Huh?" for Destroy All Humans being so high up the Classics chart.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised that Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker's Memory is on the ps vita list.

I should get that for ps4, I loved the first game.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
Count me in as surprised by the lack of Astro Bot for NA. Game is just so magical. Also, how is Rick and Morty up there? Love the show, but that game is ass.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

Tetris Effect can be played non-VR, so it's possible that it's competing in the regular chart and that's more difficult for it to enter.

Nov 8, 2017
I wish the US did a top 20. As so many have pointed out here, Astro Bot not making the top 10 is shocking. A lot of PSVR owners are in for a real treat when they get around to it.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Man this shows how HARD BFV bombed

This is a direct consequence of the SW debacle from last year. I'm kind of sad for DICE :/

Nov 18, 2018
Great to see Horizon still up there in its second year. I hope we get an updated sales total soon because it must be around 10 million by now.