• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Lol I knew it'd be FIFA at the top before I even clicked on the thread.

5xg3U8K.jpg
Lol

gta v still doing numbers wow

marcinaldo

Oct 28, 2017
Did Detroit come out in 2018? Looks like it tanked digitally?

It did come out in 2018. Maybe those interactive stories are not so hot anymore (even if they were at any point)? 2018 was also year of Telltale going down. Still waiting for the new game from Until Dawn devs.

Also, is Need For Speed Payback any good? It's somehow higher on the list than GT Sport for EU and I actually did not even know that such game came out (talking about NFS)...

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gran Turismo Sport in Top 20 for EU in it's second year.

Spyro and Crash nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Gang Beasts! Game always looked like some good silly fun.

Shame NA hasn't seemed to have discovered Astro Bot though.

Oct 25, 2017
It did come out in 2018. Maybe those interactive stories are not so hot anymore (even if they were at any point)? 2018 was also year of Telltale going down. Still waiting for the new game from Until Dawn devs.

Also, is Need For Speed Payback any good? It's somehow higher on the list than GT Sport for EU and I actually did not even know that such game came out (talking about NFS)...

Detroit is Quantic Dreams fastest selling game and it is over 2 million sold. So at least for David Cage things are still going well.

Did Detroit come out in 2018? Looks like it tanked digitally?

It has sold over 2 million so must be really high on the physical side.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The EU chart also shows how the PUBG thread the other day didn't mean much in terms of numbers being high.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Sad to not see Astrobot in NA VR top 10 but nice to see Moss. Surprised Skyrim is also top 10 in EU and not in NA.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Astro Bot came with the physical version in the holiday bundle, so that probably ate into its sales a little. Moss was digital I believe.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
I'm really happy for Horizon ! The Frozen Wild is the second best selling DLC if you don't count Fortnite.

Astro Bot came with the physical version in the holiday bundle, so that probably ate into its sales a little. Moss was digital I believe.
Yes. In the US, Astro Bot was offered with most of PlayStation VR bundles. In EU, the bundle with PlayStation VR Worlds was the main bundle (I bought it for a friend during Black Friday) until December.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what? how is astrobot, the most talked about and hyped vr game of the year not in the US chart? even if a ton of copies were sold in bundles people who already had the system must have been interested in it too.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Disheartened by the lack of Astro Bot and to a lesser degree Tetris Effect in these PSVR lists. I can get not wanting to spend $40 on 'just another Tetris' (even though I disagree with that assessment), but Astro is GotY material and worth every cent of that $40.
Astro bot had a ton of physical sales amd bumdles everywhere afaik.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Looking at this list makes me wish I had a PSVR. I should keep an eye out for the best VR games going on sale and if they are cheap enough I should get them in the hopes that PS5 is VR ready out of the box. Pretty sure Until Dawn's VR game is on sale along with Moss.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
NFS Payback with more downloads than GT Sport. No wonder racing games are dying... People buy shit games instead of the few good choices we have.

VR games: Beat Saber provably sold a lot! And sad for Tetris Effect not even being there, but the 40 price point is quite steep for "just tetris".

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
NFS Payback with more downloads than GT Sport. No wonder racing games are dying... People buy shit games instead of the few good choices we have.

Oh boy the hyperbole, NFS Payback is nowhere near the old NFS but calling it "shit" is just wrong on so many levels.
Maybe, just MAYBE, people don't care about GTS "semi-realism" and they want a more arcade title? And NFS Payback is one of the fewest choices?

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

VR games: Beat Saber provably sold a lot! And sad for Tetris Effect not even being there, but the 40 price point is quite steep for "just tetris".
This is based on units sold not revenue. NFS was sold for extremely cheap (like few bucks) so it's expected it'd sell more units than GT.