• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
XynOSFG.png

QYgq6z5.png

jOmpFA6.png

blog.playstation.com

PlayStation Store: Top downloads of 2020

A look back at your most-downloaded PS5, PS4, and PS VR games for the year.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
GoT doing better than TLOU2 in US+CAD is shocking.

Oct 27, 2017
The lack of Ghost of Tsushima and FF7 Remake in Europe disappoint me. US has a lot of sports games I don't care about, but at least they aren't forgetting the goods !

s y

Nov 8, 2017
-Miles morales not charting on either ps4 list is surprising.

-i wonder what the usa vs europe split for tlou2 is

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Miles Morales continues to be the smartest move Sony made for the PS5 launch, a smaller title based on their extremely popular Spider-Man IP. We need more spinoff titles in the Spider-Man universe on PlayStation, in addition to the mainline games. They will all sell like hotcakes.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher 3 ahead of Cyberpunk.

Seems Iron Man VR underperformed a bit although it's one of the few PS VR games with widespread retail availability which could explain it. I had fun with the game and hope Sony and Camouflaj will work on a sequel for next gen VR. Load times were the worst part of the game.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
fucking sports games man... wish they and cod games would always skip a year so people would actually buy some quality games for a change

OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
fucking sports games man... wish they and cod games would always skip a year so people would actually buy some quality games for a change

COD/FIFA/NBA/Madden are system sellers, millions of player buy the shiny new consoles to play the yearly sport/COD releases.

Going one year without any COD or NBA or FIFA or Madden is going to be really bad for console sales.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the significantly higher price on games in EU/UK contributes to the top sellers list containing so many older games compared to US. I know I've not bought a single digital game from the EU store at launch with full euro pricing in years. I've bought quite a few from the US store though, and plenty from retail with heavy discount on release day. PS5 excluded from this obviously since the top sellers list for that is pretty much whatever was even available at launch.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I know it is only PS5 and didn't chart for PS4 plus it only has been less then 3 months in total but seeing SackBoy there is nice, I hope it has long legs and continues to sell.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to see Immortals up there especially given it was only out for a few weeks. I'd love to see a sequel.

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
GTAV will still chart in 2030 won't it?
EDIT: Demon's Souls not bad, Spider-Man going strong

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
yeah, thats true, I am just pissed off about this. this industry would flourish if some of the profits from MTs from these games went to other developers

no need to be pissed - the industry is already thriving and indies along with it.

no one is going to skip out on their fifa ultimate packs to buy celeste, but that didn't stop celeste from being a smash hit. another year, another cod and yet hades was GOTY everywhere.

Oct 31, 2017
Miles Morales not charting on the PS4 Top 10 is kinda bad isn't it?

Your mistake is thinking people would buy a different game as opposed to doing something else and let the console collect dust.