• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Welcome back! We've got one more chart for ya this week, this time running down the most-downloaded games at PlayStation Store for the entirety of 2019.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was our big winner on the PS4 side, followed by Minecraft and NBA2K19, while Beat Saber, Superhot VR, and Skyrim VR swept away the PS VR charts, and Apex Legends sits atop the Free-to-Play chart with runners up Fortnite and Dauntless.

Peruse the lists below to see where your favorites landed, then let us know in the comments if you have any predictions for 2020!

PS4 Games :
  1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  2. Minecraft
  3. NBA 2K19
  4. GTA V
  5. NBA 2K20
  6. Rainbow Six Siege
  7. Madden NFL 20
  8. Star Wars Battlefront 2
  9. The Division 2
  10. Days Gone
  11. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  12. Borderlands 3
  13. MLB The Show 19
  14. World War Z
  15. God of War
  16. Mortal Kombat 11
  17. Rocket League
  18. The Witcher 3 - Complete Edition
  19. The Forest
  20. Spider-Man
PSVR Games :
  1. Beat Saber
  2. Superhot VR
  3. Skyrim VR
  4. Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted
  5. Job Simulator
  6. Creed: Rise to Glory
  7. Borderlands 2 VR
  8. Firewall Zero Hour
  9. Blood & Truth
  10. PlayStation VR Worlds

PS4 Games :
  1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. FIFA 20
  3. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  5. Rainbow Six Siege
  6. Red Dead Redemption 2
  7. The Forest
  8. Rocket League
  9. EA Sports UFC 3
  10. Crash Team Racing
  11. FIFA 19
  12. Need for Speed Payback
  13. Star Wars Battlefront 2
  14. Battlefield V
  15. The Sims 4
  16. Gang Beasts
  17. Resident Evil 2 Remake
  18. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  19. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  20. Tekken 7

Previous years for North America :

fdPzGiq.png

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Didn't expect for GoW to be above Spider-Man, great to see them both nonetheless.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Surprised with Red Dead's absence. As for other games, 1.5/2 million is possibly the lowest threshold to be there, so, based on the available info, it never had a chance.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
No death stranding and not a single exclusive in the European chart? That is not good at all.
Star Wars barely squeezed in there. I wouldn't worry about it. Looks to be some really cheap older games taking up chart positions. Revenue will be a different story. Although looking at the number of older EA games I wonder if Access is really helping or these were just on sale.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Europeans have better taste in games, confimed! RDR2 is #6 :)
Heh, I won't get into that (very sensible topic), but there are some curious differences, results that I'd expect to see the other way around, like that one or the absence of SIE games in Europe. It's normally here (or there, depending where you're from) where those ones appear more frequently.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, Minecraft had such a resurgence this year. Still pretty wild (but cool!) to have the 2nd/3rd place game (NA & EU respectively) be a Microsoft game. I like that stuff like that and cross play is becoming so much more prominent.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Beat Saber is the VR worlds GTA, #1 oculus, steam and playstation VR. Also cracked the top 100 overall sellers in Steam, first and only VR game to do so.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Star Wars barely squeezed in there. I wouldn't worry about it. Looks to be some really cheap older games taking up chart positions. Revenue will be a different story. Although looking at the number of older EA games I wonder if Access is really helping or these were just on sale.

has star wars performed extremely well digitally?

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
From what i can see: Division 2 and Death Stranding bombed in EU.Rainbow 6 Siege did well in both US and EU.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Keeping Minecraft multiplatform was a good decision lol.

Also weird seing no exclusive games in the EU chart.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, I won't get into that (very sensible topic), but there are some curious differences, results that I'd expect to see the other way around, like that one or the absence of SIE games in Europe. It's normally here (or there, depending where you're from) where those ones appear more frequently.
Yeah I noticed that too, don't know if it matters but both DS and DG was located in the US. Or it might be because 2019 just wasn't a good year for exclusives :x

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Death Stranding didn't chart downloads because everyone obviously bought the physical baby edition duh

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
SIEE did some shenanigans with Days Gone where there was only a deluxe edition released on EU PSN, so that probably had an impact. I know personally that I bought it physical for that reason.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
People still trying really hard to make it seem like Death Stranding flopped. Bloodborne barely made it top 10 in 2015 and it had almost the whole year of tracking vs DS 2 months and it was still a success.

MGSV was at #20 with like 2 more months than DS.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
has star wars performed extremely well digitally?
Well it's one of the biggest games this year (no11 in the US digitally too) so the fact it's just squeezing into the EU top 20 shows I don't think Sony has too much to worry about if none of their exclusives made it over a lot of cheap sale game.