• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next OT Name

• Let the games do the talking

Votes: 156 26.4%
  • Go woke, record broke

Votes: 189 31.9%
  • A penguin designed by Apple

Votes: 82 13.9%
  • We Kena't wait.

Votes: 48 8.1%
  • A Standalone Thread.

Votes: 31 5.2%
  • It feels like Miles away

Votes: 74 12.5%
  • Who is she?

Votes: 12 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indeed. Dang.

Anyway, looking at casual posts on social media -- I think the average joe has his/her expectation regarding the PS5 to be very high. I've seen lots of people mentioning the PS5 gonna cost 700-800 dollars. I think 499 won't be as badly met as we think.

499 should definitely be the max that they consider.

If they can get either version to $399 then it's pretty much over.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Indeed. Dang.

Anyway, looking at casual posts on social media -- I think the average joe has his/her expectation regarding the PS5 to be very high. I've seen lots of people mentioning the PS5 gonna cost 700-800 dollars. I think 499 won't be as badly met as we think.
Yeah like a said yesterday with everyone thinking the PS5's gonna cost them $700+ once Sony drop that $399/$499 price tag pre orders will skyrocket.

All this social media price FUD is a huge win-win for Sony

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018
Jason should be better than the way he's acting. I'll say it's a bad look and leave it at that.
Twitter really brings out the worst in people. Yes, Jeff's initial tweet comparing TLOU2 could be considered crass- but to me he was trying to convey that the game resonated with him in a similar way to Schindler's list. He wasn't literally comparing the game to the Holocaust, and I don't think he deserved all these snarky quote-retweets.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that would be ideal but Sony might go the Iron Man route and give it to another studio.

That why S-M and Venom games could get made at the same time.
I was thinking if another Marvel IP ever happened then Punisher by Naughty Dog.
As for Iron-Man I think Avalanche (Just Cause peeps) would have nailed it.

I generally think that Venom game would have given Insomniac opportunity to reaaalllly flex their crazy combat muscles as Venom is basically just fluid.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So uh.... this is getting awkward....

I'm a fan of Jason but he was being weirdly inflammatory/snarky in the original tweet and even that one.

The post was clearly about how The Last of Us Part II, as a game, was something that evoked a similar sense of emotion to Schindler's List as a film. He's not trying to say "this zombie game is like this film about the Holocaust".

It's pretty clear, to me at least. Publicly trying to frame it as some kind of attack and suggesting it may be because of the exposé on ND is also kind of shitty.

Jason isn't exempt from criticism lol

May 7, 2020
this all thing

6f19e6bc4f08e40f19f5812454e858cc.gif

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking if another Marvel IP ever happened then Punisher by Naughty Dog.
As for Iron-Man I think Avalanche (Just Cause peeps) would have nailed it.

I generally think that Venom game would have given Insomniac opportunity to reaaalllly flex their crazy combat muscles as Venom is basically just fluid.

All good points.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I don't think it's cool to be bringing this kind of thing here, not only because I think it's not allowed, but also because probably somebody will be doing a thread about it soon and it will be a shitshow lol

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Twitter really brings out the worst in people. Yes, Jeff's initial tweet comparing TLOU2 could be considered crass- but to me he was trying to convey that the game resonated with him in a similar way to Schindler's list. He wasn't literally comparing the game to the Holocaust, and I don't think he deserved all these snarky quote-retweets.

Jason is a really smart guy. I'm leery that he misconstrued what Jeff meant and instead balked at the idea of comparing a game to Schindler's List (or maybe any classic movie, I don't know) and even after Neil tried to give an alternative perspective Jason not only doubled down on the unprofessional, pithy remarks but then bringing his article about Naughty Dog into the conversation when Neil has been respectful is just...I've seen on here people talk about Jason as a manbaby but as I don't really use social media or keep up with stuff like that I didn't know how hyperbolic those statements were; but with this display it's just not professional and unless there are some skeletons in the closest that makes Jason not care if he's rude to Neil sort of situation it's also surprisingly immature if I'm being honest. It's a shame because he's done some great work :/

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Destruction AllStars is well supported. Would love to see it as an included benefit of PS+ for the lifetime of the PS5, the game has the chance to be absolutely massive if cosmetics are involved. Eager to learn more about it as we get closer to launch.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
yeah best not to bring twitter drama in here (not dev practices but rather people hatting on each other)

that is what those threads are for

this place should be free from that.

Last edited:

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Destruction AllStars is well supported. Would love to see it as an included benefit of PS+ for the lifetime of the PS5, the game has the chance to be absolutely massive if cosmetics are involved. Eager to learn more about it as we get closer to launch.
So is this Shinobi's game? It looked great.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Yeah if they have some other monetization play it could be a perfect launch PS+ title, would benefit the game and could drive subscriptions

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017

A lot of interesting comments from his LinkedIn profile:

Matt MacLaurin can we look forward to a matte black finish? :)
You will definitely be seeing special editions. This is also customizable in ways previous gens weren't.

What kind of new OS could we be looking at? Love the design, does it come in black?
We'll show more of the OS soon! And I'm sure there will be a special edition for everyone. I'm hoping for a Horizon Forbidden West special edition.

I dont know about other i like the design i think its the best PlayStation design yet
I agree, but as we say in the industry "this design has a strong opinion" so it's okay if not everyone loves it. Customization with special editions will be beyond anything seen before. Someone mocked up a wooden one on Reddit and it look crazy good.

Liked the design, waiting for the experience...
Excited about what we've got to show there. As it's UI it's practical first, but it's a whole new visual language and a complete rearchitecting of the user interface.

This is really beautiful, Matt. Your team did a fabulous job and am excited to see/feel it out. I'm very excited by the dynamic triggering system too partnered with haptic feedback. If your team does a public share out of the work that went into this, I can't wait to see it. The process is everything.
Hi, my team is the user interface, not the ID - you'll see our stuff soon. A little more pragmative, but a 100% overhaul of PS4 UI and some very different new concepts.

Does it come in black like it's previous models?

Curious to know what UX changes happen for Newer interface @ PS5 ! Launch didn't showcase that part!!!
there was a hint! but yes, more reveals are coming. stay tuned.

Are we going to see a change in the homescreen interface? *Wink wink*

New console is looking slick. Matt MacLaurin I'd love to see an overhaul of the UI in the new generation console (please)!
Big time. While we are obsessed with function, very few pixels left from PS4 gen. Most important is experience goals measured in milliseconds across the entire UI.

That console design looks amazing! Bravo!
The texture on the fins is little x . o symbols. Super tactile.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
People are expecting it to be an evolution of the PS4 UI but he's making it sound like a complete overhaul.

Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Would be cool if it's something daring/futuristic like the console/controller designs are.
Tbh I loved the PS4's UI, so wouldn't complain if it was an evolution.

Overhaul worries me it might not be as good.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
People are expecting it to be an evolution of the PS4 UI but he's making it sound like a complete overhaul.

Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Would be cool if it's something daring/futuristic like the console/controller designs are.
I am expecting a complete UI over haul - goes with their 'generations are important' idea. This one will also be designed around the SSD. Can't wait to see it.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I hope that having an SSD means the UI won't progressively get slower as the generation goes on. I'm a big fan of how simple the PS4 UI in the sense that you just boot up the system, and there are your games, but it can feel slow at times.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox's shows are pretty much Namco shows nowadays.

So besides the first parties which I do have varying interests in, excited for Tales, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3, and any other games Bandai has cooking. Also, hopefully we see Harry Potter.
Yeah, it's nice to see Namco's games get frequent big state showing. That would be a nice bonus to see the latter.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017

I hope the UI unveil is a sequel of Sarah and Will's adventures. Maybe they're married now.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
No its not a mod already made a warning about this in the review topic, it has nothing to do with anything here.
You are being really weird. It's a first party studio head talking about a first party game, with a journalist who is openly insinuating the comments are retaliatory, because of a story he published criticising working conditions at that first party studio. How the hell is ANY part of that NOT relevant to the first party studio thread? It doesn't matter if it hurts your feelings or you don't like it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I loved the PS4's UI, so wouldn't complain if it was an evolution.

Overhaul worries me it might not be as good.

It really is a huge improvement over the PS3's PSP UI. Not perfect but it's pretty fluid and I love being able to make folders. And enhanced version of the PS4's dashboard for PS5 I wouldn't mind. I hope themes are still a thing though and maybe the PS4 themes you own will carry over to PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.