• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next OT Name

• Let the games do the talking

Votes: 156 26.4%
  • Go woke, record broke

Votes: 189 31.9%
  • A penguin designed by Apple

Votes: 82 13.9%
  • We Kena't wait.

Votes: 48 8.1%
  • A Standalone Thread.

Votes: 31 5.2%
  • It feels like Miles away

Votes: 74 12.5%
  • Who is she?

Votes: 12 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
According to Imran Khan, it's not as far off as people think.
Oh, that's really nice to hear! I really want Luminous Studios to further succeed and see what they do with their engine (which I think looks marvelous as it is in FF XV).

I wonder if S-E will focus on marketing this game before they unveil FF XVI (I know it's stupid, different teams and all, but S-E likes mostly focusing on marketing one big game for some reason).

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Another estimation for the size of the console:

16hj6i.jpg

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm low-key super interested in Destruction All-Stars. Should be a great time with friends! Seems like the type of game that could be a sleeper hit kinda of like Rocket League if things work out (or it ends up on PS+...).

Still not a fan of the name.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Ah maybe.

The GTAV intro also felt like a marketing deal tbh. I dont think Sony would have started with GTA5 if they had the choice. It was probably an ask from Rockstar
The GTA5 trailer was just fucking weird, it was just a big trailer compilation including a PS3 version of a trailer. My thought at first was they wanted to do a PS3-PS4-PS5 trailer, but it was just old trailers, with zero PS5 footage and we know almost nothing about the PS5 version other than it's Online is going to be free on PS5 and it's releasing mid-late 2021.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
BAH! I found out that, despite pre-ordering well in advance, I will not receive TLOU Part II on release day from Amazon. It'll be two business days from release day, which means I'll get it Tuesday of next week, as Saturday and Sunday are not business days. The same exact thing happened to me with Clubhouse Games on Switch, but I pre-ordered that just days prior to release. I pre-ordered TLOU weeks ago. Does Amazon no longer do release day deliveries or is this still because of Coronavirus?

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Guys, I'm still catching up. There are still 80 pages to go for me. You ain't slowing down, which makes it really hard for me.

Though, I kinda predicted the Sackboy game back in 2018! 👀

Nevertheless, I think Sackboy could be a valuable mascot for PlayStation and this should warrant a spin-off from a different developer. Call it "Sackboy's LitteBigAdventure" or something like that. It could fill the gap of family-friendly games in Sony's lineup that Knack couldn't fill.

www.resetera.com

Sony PlayStation: First Party Studios & Projects |OT2|

Ah! I see. Quite an interesting thing to do, suppose it helps the smaller developers they're partnering up with if the arrangements are made.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I'm still catching up. There are still 80 pages to go for me. You ain't slowing down, which makes it really hard for me.

www.resetera.com

Ah! I see. Quite an interesting thing to do, suppose it helps the smaller developers they're partnering up with if the arrangements are made.

It's honestly a really good idea (and let's be real, it was probably NECESSARY after 3 LBPs with diminishing sales each time) so I'm glad they finally got around to it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017

Amazing , though if I were sony I'd give the option for financing PS5 systems, with this climate today with many laid off getting a monthly payment plan option for console purchases would probably add a lot more potentional buyers who can't afford the upfront cost of a new console. I don't have any numbers but I'd take a guess the the number of people who are on payment plans/financing for their new smartphones are more then the people who pay $1000+ upfront for their new flagship smartphone.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

Damn. Surely you were sitting on inside information! :P

Mighty Twig

May 13, 2020
I dont think I've posted here since the show. I liked a few games, mostly thought it would be better thanks to hype but oh well. Demon's Souls is pretty much what I was asking for. Now I'm hearing about an August show. Is this confirmed or just rumored?

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
playing a bit more Tomb Raider, and I think the game is starting to get a bit more enjoyable for me. about 40% world completion though.

Probably won't 100% the game, but I'll keep doing side content until I've had my fill and then crit path.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY

www.resetera.com

This is hype bro! The weeks and moments before a new console launches are one of the best things

Status
Not open for further replies.