• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Name for OT 12

• |OT 12| Timed Exclusive until |OT 13|

Votes: 398 44.0%
  • |OT 12| Next Gen is Miles Morales Away

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • |OT12| Are We The Baddies?

Votes: 352 38.9%
  • |OT12| Is This Even Legal

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • |OT12| Anti-ConSony is great to me

Votes: 28 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Ratchet must be Q1 2021 for sure.....Returnal, I could also see

GT 7 Actually showed gameplay 🍵.... So i'm placing my bets on that also being 2021 (Same for Destruction All-Stars)

We kind of know that Sackboy was originally going to be a PS4 game, i'm guessing that's pretty much done, and Sony is just sitting on it.

Demon's Souls we have heard of for so long, but i won't make a guess. Same for Horizon.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this comes to Playstation-

Looks astounding and is from my home province no less. Echo Generation
Looks very nice, though I'm not totally crazy about the blocky look, overall and with the colors it has a nice pop to it, yeah hopefully it comes.

I'm glad Sony showed actual tangible games that we can expect to get in the first year. Well everything except the SE game.

The most recent topic about Everwild...WOW.
Yeah, just SE's game which is very hard to predict when it'll come and Capcom's Pragmata which at least for now they put 2022 in the trailer unless it moves forward or back.

But it's good getting in good with SE by showing SE's game since it's PS5/PC exclusive and showing Capcom some early love for their new IP to go with RE8.

Everything else feels like at least 2021, and most of the dated stuff was 2020-2021 too.

Yeah, just saw that, wow...

Last edited:

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I think it's a good strategy on Sony's party imo. The main critique of the PS4 in the first few years is the fact that there was very little to actually play

It ironically had less to play on than the PS3 during it's first year from a first party perspective. However I feel like nostalgia blinds people because the PS3's first year was marred by awful ports, a horrible online store and tons of firmware updates to catch up to the 360. Sure, Uncharted, Ratchet, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk and Resistance were fun, but they were all very short games (6-8 hours and online only) with limited replay value. Games had also increased in price, so the value just wasn't there for such an expensive console.

With PS5, it looks like they are finding the right balance between their first party and third party support. With Series S around, they won't have to worry about "lesser ports" either, as the multiplatform games will be scaled across all platforms, (Series S and X).

As for line-up:
Launch: Spider-Man, Sackboy and Factions.
Launch Window / Q1 + Q2: Ratchet, Destruction All Stars, Demon's Souls
Q3: GT7, Returnal
Q4: Horizon 2

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I'm glad Sony showed actual tangible games that we can expect to get in the first year. Well everything except the SE game.

The most recent topic about Everwild...WOW.
Yeah, I fully take back, my "Throw everything at the wall" approach, i was hoping to see from Sony. Not a fan any longer. A sequel that is mostly expected for narrative, I can sort of forgive.... But pulling that shit with new IPs or Reboots?.... Hell no

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Mrw when I click on my alerts and see this:
fUmCSnm.png

UeOD7NB.gif

First 12 months on PS5 will be busy :)
It's such a shame you can't just outright tell us which of the games we saw last month are aiming for 2021. I fully understand why though.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Finally got my copy of GOT. Should my first playthrough be English or Japanese. I usually don't like reading subtitles for anime unless it's something amazing like hxh that I watched well before a dub was available.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
There's TGS.

Also curious about the companies that were going to announce stuff at Evo, wonder where they will do it now that the event is cancelled.
I'm really curious how TGS is going to work online and how they're presumably going to do something during that time. Sony's always taken part and even last year the one time when they didn't do a conference they still made sure to show up and have a booth where they showed Ghost and big third party Japanese games, which they can't do this year, so I'd be surprised if they don't do some kind of Japan/Asia show around then to advertise launch in that market too.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious how TGS is going to work online and how they're presumably going to do something during that time. Sony's always taken part and even last year the one time when they didn't do a conference they still made sure to show up and have a booth where they showed Ghost and big third party Japanese games, which they can't do this year, so I'd be surprised if they don't do some kind of Japan/Asia show around then to advertise launch in that market too.

A pre-recorded digital event is most likely from Sony.

It's their biggest JP stop before launch so it's in their interest to do well.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
It's a fighting game tournament so announcements for that genre.
Hmm. Maybe they'll make a pre-rocorded video.
Finally got my copy of GOT. Should my first playthrough be English or Japanese. I usually don't like reading subtitles for anime unless it's something amazing like hxh that I watched well before a dub was available.
I'd go for English, but I don't have a copy. :_;
This has probably already been posted around here, but holy shit, Much.

No wonder he gets free games. Lol

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling Sony showed us the general exclusive roadmap for the next year minus 1 or 2 games. Not expecting much else beyond what we already know to be announced in the next 12 months.
I honestly just want to see some Demon Souls gameplay then I'm good, if i'm not in the worse timeline then I'm expecting a jrpg from Sony but we aren't so keeping my expectation low.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
A pre-recorded digital event is most likely from Sony.
Yeah that makes the most sense, third parties can then do the more individual live panels like they usually do anyway. Didn't even get to think about the format yet was just brainstorming that I still expect them to do some kind of show for their TGS audience since it's still launch year and TGS is still planning on doing a big online convention.

Fuck.... And we are not even thinking of where Ghostwire fits in the lineup
Yup, that trailer said 2021 as well.
Though I'm not huge on first person so I'll be curious to see hands-on impressions. The Naruto/ninja-style hand signs thing is kinda cool.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Aight so on Gran Turismo...

GT 6 was announced on May 2013, released about 8 months later on december

GT SPORT, before shit hit the fan, was showcased in october 2015, and was meant to launch 13 months later in 2016

The GT7 trailer showed a whole ass chunk of gameplay, and a bunch of the interface, we got neither for the reveals of 6 or SPORT.

GT7 could actually be an early 2021 game.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aight so on Gran Turismo...

GT 6 was announced on May 2013, released about 8 months later on december

GT SPORT, before shit hit the fan, was showcased in october 2015, and was meant to launch 13 months later in 2016

The GT7 trailer showed a whole ass chunk of gameplay, and a bunch of the interface, we got neither for the reveals of 6 or SPORT.

GT7 could actually be an early 2021 game.

Still have my fingers crossed for launch.

Would be huge.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Still have my fingers crossed for launch.

Would be huge.
It's not entirely out of the picture...
(launched 8 months after this trailer)

(Was meant to launch 13 months after this trailer)

Now look at how much they showed during the GT7 reveal

I could be wrong, but it seems like GT7 is decently far along compared to the state that 6 and SPORT where at, in relation to their reveals

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer they take their time to set all tracks and at least 400 cars.

And... Weather

If there's one thing Polyphony needs to grow out of this gen is taking their time.

One game per gen should not be a thing.

It's not entirely out of the picture...

Now look at how much they showed during the GT7 reveal

I could be wrong, but it seems like GT7 is decently far along compared to the state that 6 and SPORT where at, in relation to their reveals

Yeah, my initial impression from the way Yamauchi introduced the game was that it would hit launch or very close to it.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras

Got this video on my recommendations, don't know if he is reliable at all but he mentions the next GoW will be revealed next month (fall 2021) alongside a Mark Cerny launch game (sounds like Silent Hill).

Very skeptical but still wanted to share.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Got this video on my recommendations, don't know if he is reliable at all but he mentions the next GoW will be revealed next month (fall 2021) alongside a Mark Cerny launch game (sounds like Silent Hill).

Very skeptical but still wanted to share.

God of War 2 isn't releasing next fall lmao, and if Silent Hill was launch it would have been at the June show.

Status
Not open for further replies.