• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Name for OT 12

• |OT 12| Timed Exclusive until |OT 13|

Votes: 398 44.0%
  • |OT 12| Next Gen is Miles Morales Away

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • |OT12| Are We The Baddies?

Votes: 352 38.9%
  • |OT12| Is This Even Legal

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • |OT12| Anti-ConSony is great to me

Votes: 28 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
SOCOM, GT7, Destruction AllStars, TLoU Factions Part II and 2nd project from Guerrilla.

This would be a good start in improving their online MP rep, like in the PS3 days.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
1596464393720.jpg

He got it right, now this.

here's a screencap so you don't have to go to 4chan

KTvZAjb.png

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah looking at the views and metrics I think it would have been good for the game. I don't think Sony can generate that level of hype of again now that the console is revealed.

But yeah...looking forward to seeing it. And Athia looks interesting as well.
It was a good place for SE... and the sad part is no one is talking about Athia.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
It's supposed to be Guerilla's second team people think this due to some talent hired by them in the last year or two as well as job postings and other stuff (this stuff could very well be related to Killzone but that chatter has been more towards Socom in the rumor mill) They are definitely working on something MP related though and likely for launch.

It's been coming up quite a bit as far as rumors go over the last year or so that's why I think it could be legit.

No Simon Larouche only came back at Guerrilla in the end of 2018 and he said few months ago that is gonna be a longtime before we see his game.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
here's a screencap so you don't have to go to 4chan

KTvZAjb.png
SOCOM is the secret game.

That's exactly what I expected GG's second team and Larouche were doing. It fits his resume, it fills a big void for Sony FP, and is an IP that still has recognition and pull.

As for the revision, if they're talking about PS5, the only thing I think might be possible is an upgrade in memory bandwidth. Perhaps they are referring to PS4, but why would a PS4 revision this late in its life cycle provide a HW upgrade?

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
Athia would've worked best as a complementary reveal ala KH3 in 2013. It's extra weird since XVI is in a much more showable state than Athia.
It's really a strange choice to not have show FFXVI if the game is more advanced than Athia, i really wonder what was the reason.

Are you sure, didn't he join back Guerilla in February of that year?

Maybe but it would still be only two years and he tweeted this on April 2019 :

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Athia would've worked best as a complementary reveal ala KH3 in 2013. It's extra weird since XVI is in a much more showable state than Athia.
Sounds like good news that it'll be that showable whatever Sony event we presumably eventually get it at.

I would have been fine either way, and it would have been really cool having them back to back, but I can see the theory in possibly letting Athia get some breathing room since it's obviously a big budget next-gen new IP JRPG since it's by the FFXV crew and that engine is still very impressive. I think it got some decent initial buzz and hopefully people will remember it when it shows up again. It probably would have gotten even more if the trailer had been slightly longer but it was cool they were able to at least show some in-game footage that looked quite cool and reminded of Agni.

Since neither FFXV nor KH3 were in danger of overshadowing each other with their back-to-back 2013 reveal since they were both established megatons.

Last edited:

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Grace Randolph is a "throw so much shit at the wall and see what actually sticks" 'insider' and I use that word very loosely. So best to ignore anything she says

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
No Kena is a bummer.

From the 3rd parties and indie titles that were at the PS5 showcase I want to see more from Solar Ash, Deathloop and Ghostwire. I hope at least one of these is there.

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe but it would still be only two years and he tweeted this on April 2019 :

I don't necessarily take anything away from that other then they are looking for a Java Designer. I mean he could have got hired on to the project part-way through its development or he may not even be on that project in specific (if it exists). There is really no way for me to know. He wasn't the only other person hired btw there was also someone who has experience in the Socom franchise itself and possibly more.

You're definitely right in being skeptical, however, I'm just sharing bits of what I came across there is definitely more out there if you look around. One thing is for certain this franchise is being discussed again in a way that is hasn't in some time and there have been whispers about it over the last little while so it would not surprise me if it does get announced.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I see this further reinforces that people pick an choose where to rage its never consistent.
Yep i just realized if people really loved spiderman they prob would've had a PS4 anyway just for the game. And PS5 for miles so I don't get how this really moves people other than concern trolling.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
It was a good place for SE... and the sad part is no one is talking about Athia.
Athia doesn't seem real yet. The ten seconds of gameplay/realtime footage shown are a visual treat but the working title, offline rendered remainder of the trailer and scant details afterwards stops me believing it's coming any time soon.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
No Kena is a bummer.

From the 3rd parties and indie titles that were at the PS5 showcase I want to see more from Solar Ash, Deathloop and Ghostwire. I hope at least one of these is there.
Yeah, I was hoping for Kena but that's okay.

Oh yeah, I think we got a good chunk of Deathloop with that fantastic trailer, so especially some more Solar Ash would be good, if they're ready, as would Ghostwire.

Status
Not open for further replies.