• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Name for OT 12

• |OT 12| Timed Exclusive until |OT 13|

Votes: 398 44.0%
  • |OT 12| Next Gen is Miles Morales Away

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • |OT12| Are We The Baddies?

Votes: 352 38.9%
  • |OT12| Is This Even Legal

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • |OT12| Anti-ConSony is great to me

Votes: 28 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2020
I really love GOW but It's been impossible for me to replay it, I think it's just a pretty epic journey... that I can only enjoy once, I tried a second playthrough and I cant, I get bored and I really like the story, I guess it's just because it's the beginning of a trilogy I expected this one to be the worse out of the three (and pls Cory, don't be afraid of stupid people and DO what the wall in the end said, that would be so freaking awesome).

On the other hand TLOU2 is totally my game, part 1 was my game and now the two of them are just... perfect for me. I love when a story makes me cry so many times, makes me care and makes me worry about the characters like they were real people (thx to the great VA). I just don't get how someone can say 2 forgets about 1, for someone who has played 1 like 10 times, this sequel is so faithful and true and makes everything that happened in 1 even stronger now. I already played part 2 two times.

So I guess they are just games that offer me different things and I enjoy both, but if I had to choose I'd choose part 2, I just love Ellie so much, even she she's lost af.

And after them I guess HZD is the best one

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Screenshot_2020-07-20_20.18.02.png

Prepare to spend some (more) money in the coming days...
Resonance of Fate Sale or don't even bother!

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
New AAA IP is clearly really hard and risky to do then, and Era takes it far too glibly.

I mean we've seen two cases where Sony didn't have the best reception with The Order: 1886 and Days Gone. Not everyone can pull it off like Naughty Dog. Even Ghost of Tsushima despite being a great game, is getting criticisms for the smallest of things, alongside some notable issues the game does have.

Bend was also working on another game before Days Gone, right? I remember they saying it was related to inFamous, but I can't remember if that was before or after Golden Abyss.

They pitched a sequel to Golden Abyss and then an Infamous VITA game before settling on a new IP for PS4. They did plan Days Gone or a horror game so to speak from the start. As early as 2013, from Shu's comments.

Apr 29, 2020
Man I'm sick of people saying TLOU2 didn't get review bombing, there were 50k reviews in 10 minutes when it openen, people in reddit were talking about doing that days before the release... but yeah, sure it's opinion. I'm glad to read some people in this thread and in the spoiler one that have enjoyed the game as much as I did. I'm sick of people just wanting regular stories in games and then adore the risky ones on TV.

I just wanted to say it, it's getting exhausting having twitter and liking TLOU2 at the same time. Press is not helping doing stupid news every hour. When will gamers in social media's accepts that people can enjoy something they dont like and there's nothing wrong with it?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
BELIEVE QP!! It will happen this Time!
I hope

I'm still salty over that. We didn't get a single Kamiya Game this Gen because of Scalebound.

I see you're calling me QP instead of QV too, Lacrimosis you're not alone haha

At this point I'll believe it when I see it, whoever is in charge of what sales prices things should be I'm sure it must be an inside joke to them at this point haha RoF is one of my favorite games last gen but I think I might hold off on buying / playing the remaster until I have a PS5 and a 4K tv. really want to play it in 4K.

I can't say I was heavily invested in Scalebound but I was very curious for quite awhile as it looked intriguing.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Very glad that GG decided to do HZD instead of this. And Angie Smits said they even did a poll amongst sister studio members after showing them both the games. And everyone was more excited about Horizon. Smart people!
Yup, the Horizon concept was just too damn good.

Insomniac's output, post Ratchet, is going to be interesting to see. Spider-man 2 at some point is a given. But wether we get a Rift Apart sequel, a VR game, or a new IP after that, is beyond me.
It's Insomniac so I could see probably all of the above lol, when you look at their great output this gen yet again, and this time it'll all be centered on PS5.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I see you're calling me QP instead of QV too, Lacrimosis you're not alone haha

At this point I'll believe it when I see it, whoever is in charge of what sales prices things should be I'm sure it must be an inside joke to them at this point haha RoF is one of my favorite games last gen but I think I might hold off on buying / playing the remaster until I have a PS5 and a 4K tv. really want to play it in 4K.

I can't say I was heavily invested in Scalebound but I was very curious for quite awhile as it looked intriguing.
QP just rolls better with the Tongue than QV, even if you write it down on a Keyboard lol. Also because of Lacrimosis QP got burned into my Brain.

I never played RoF but i think the Setting looks cool and i really wanna play it because of the absolute sick Combat Animations. Characters in the Game apparently hate it to walk like normal people and just constantly jump around like Madmen, doing cool Moves all the Time. As a DMC Fan i can not not love this.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Sad that the Keighley's won't even happen this year, at least not like that. Can't have Troy and Ashley singing together live.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Gamstat was nice and provided me some early numbers for Ghost (subject to change !)
(Hi Snakeeee)

Day 1 and Day 2 numbers are just my estimates, from what I see from the graph ^^
The only number provided is 2.00m players as of July 19th

If 2.00m players in 3 days is correct, well 2.3M-2.6M sold-through in 3 days is not impossible !

I made two tables to compare this

IyUhblS.png

NpemCRs.png

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017
Awesome
Thanks. Found it from Geoff's tweets:

Good vibes

Oh man today was a good day. Miles Morales getting 60FPS option, the full Bugsnax theme song was dropped and is fire, and SMT III: Nocturne announced for PS4.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm sick of people saying TLOU2 didn't get review bombing, there were 50k reviews in 10 minutes when it openen, people in reddit were talking about doing that days before the release... but yeah, sure it's opinion. I'm glad to read some people in this thread and in the spoiler one that have enjoyed the game as much as I did. I'm sick of people just wanting regular stories in games and then adore the risky ones on TV.

I just wanted to say it, it's getting exhausting having twitter and liking TLOU2 at the same time. Press is not helping doing stupid news every hour. When will gamers in social media's accepts that people can enjoy something they dont like and there's nothing wrong with it?

Saying the game did not get review bomb is sticking you head in the sand.
The game get review bomb with poor scores at first and then with some good scores after to make things even.
Think TLOU2 had more users reviews than anything by a huge amount lol.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Gamstat was nice and provided me some early numbers for Ghost (subject to change !)
(Hi Snakeeee)

Day 1 and Day 2 numbers are just my estimates, from what I see from the graph ^^

If 2.00m players in 3 days is correct, well 2.3M-2.6M sold-through in 3 days is not impossible !

IyUhblS.png

NpemCRs.png

Smashing it Sucker Punch.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
(Hi Snakeeee)

IyUhblS.png

NpemCRs.png

Usually the numbers end up being more than what they have, right?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Nice Abby and Owen fusion there!

I want to see Abby vs Kratos in a fight

Can't stop thinkin bout Owensnax

QP just rolls better with the Tongue than QV, even if you write it down on a Keyboard lol. Also because of Lacrimosis QP got burned into my Brain.

I never played RoF but i think the Setting looks cool and i really wanna play it because of the absolute sick Combat Animations. Characters in the Game apparently hate it to walk like normal people and just constantly jump around like Madmen, doing cool Moves all the Time. As a DMC Fan i can not not love this.

I guess I see it haha

The combat is really unique, can be a bit hard at first to understand and take some time to get used to but when you do it's lots of fun to both play/watch. The story is on a whole other level as well with some of the wacky stuff that happens.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
(Hi Snakeeee)

IyUhblS.png

NpemCRs.png

Thank you very much as always for these detailed sales/breakdowns. Even as an estimate those numbers are fantastic, could very well match or beat Horizon/Uncharted 4 as a new IP no less.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Usually the numbers end up being more than what they have, right?
Yep, I wrote the sales milestone under each table for you to compare for example the sales GOW had in 3 days and the 3-day numbers of players Gamstat estimated for God of War

If those 2M players for Ghost is correct, 2.3-2.6M sold-through in 3 days should be a good range :)

Thank you very much as always for these detailed sales/breakdowns. Even as an estimate those numbers are fantastic, could very well match or beat Horizon/Uncharted 4 as a new IP no less.
No problem 😇
If indeed Ghost beats Horizon, it would be cool that Sony announces that Ghost would be the fastest selling new first party IP !

They said that for Horizon after its launch
The impressive launch also makes Horizon Zero Dawnthe best-selling new first party IP launch on the PS4 system to date and Guerrilla's biggest debut ever.

Horizon Zero Dawn Global Sales Exceed 2.6 Million

SAN MATEO, CA, March 16, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced global sales of Horizon Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its two weeks of launch*1. The PlayStation®4 (PS4™) system exclusive, developed by Guerrilla, was released globally beginning February 28 to...

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
(Hi Snakeeee)

IyUhblS.png

NpemCRs.png
Wait.... Does this not imply that Ghost is climbing faster than Horizon?

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I wrote the sales milestone under each table for you to compare for example the sales GOW had in 3 days and the 3-day numbers of players Gamstat estimated for God of War

If those 2M players for Ghost is correct, 2.3-2.6M sold-through in 3 days should be a good range :)

No problem 😇
If indeed Ghost beats Horizon, it would be cool that Sony announces that Ghost would be the fastest selling new first party IP !

SAN MATEO, CA, March 16, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced global sales of Horizon Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its two weeks of launch*1. The PlayStation®4 (PS4™) system exclusive, developed by Guerrilla, was released globally beginning February 28 to...

Considering Horizon did that in 2 weeks. Surely Ghost must top that.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Anyone know the openings for the Infamous trilogy? Is Ghost pretty much locked to be Sucker Punch's biggest opening?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
And we are just waiting for that Sony PR lol
Hope they will release one if it surpasses Horizon !

Considering they seem to only give us PR for noteworthy stuff. Like some record being broken or something like that. With Ghost of Tsushima being the fastest selling "new Playstation IP" this gen, I think we will get it. Unlike Days Gone and Death Stranding.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know the openings for the Infamous trilogy? Is Ghost pretty much locked to be Sucker Punch's biggest opening?
InFamous SS sold-through 1M in 9 days
So it comes with great excitement to learn that within the first nine days of launch, global sales of inFAMOUS Second Son exceeded over 1 million units*, making Second Son the fastest selling inFAMOUS title to date!

Considering they seem to only give us PR for noteworthy stuff. Like some record being broken or something like that. With Ghost of Tsushima being the fastest selling "new Playstation IP" this gen, I think we will get it. Unlike Days Gone and Death Stranding.
Yeah, it gives hope then !

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
If Ghost somehow is outpacing Horizon, i hope Sucker Punch is working to get a PS5 patch done ASAP. Thankfully BC means the PS5 won't slice off it's legs. But getting that framerate locked to 60 with 4K on top could only further help out it's longterm sales on the PS5.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017

No problem 😇

That would be cool. Didn't know they did that for Horizon back when it released too. It's been great seeing all the first party studios /devs congratulate SP's success with GoT. Was also nice to see it last month during TLoU2's release.

Jan 20, 2019
(Hi Snakeeee)

IyUhblS.png

NpemCRs.png

Holy shit, we both said that it should do 1,5M to 2M in 3 days, know it might even reach 2,5M.

Damn what a massive sucesse

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
(Hi Snakeeee)

IyUhblS.png

NpemCRs.png
🤯
so this looks to be SP breakthrough game. Congrats to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.