• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Name for OT 12

• |OT 12| Timed Exclusive until |OT 13|

Votes: 398 44.0%
  • |OT 12| Next Gen is Miles Morales Away

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • |OT12| Are We The Baddies?

Votes: 352 38.9%
  • |OT12| Is This Even Legal

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • |OT12| Anti-ConSony is great to me

Votes: 28 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
When Jimbo meets Era users:

NewSpeedyAddax-size_restricted.gif
LOL

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah FF16 definitely going to be exclusive (timed or otherwise) at this rate.

I CANNOT see GTA 6 being timed, that might break the internet.
Yeah I'm very curious about that one.
One would expect eventually FF7R-2 as well just like the first one to at least be timed, especially after it's monster success.

Yeah you know it would make extra sense for how Rockstar got that opening slot in the prestigious first ps5 event, before the event started proper with Jim's speech.

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I think assuming that Spider-Man would have been part of the main game if not for the exclusivity is going a few steps too far, no?

If it was someone like Mantis, sure.

But it's Spider-Man. If you were CD, and you were allowed to put Spider-Man in your Avengers game from day one, a character that would guarantee more sales from all systems, would you really wait to just add him later in a random event?

Hell, not to mention that this means we'll probably never get crossplay now since the games will never have true parity. For a GAAS game, it's going to be a weird one.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I can't imagine the response online if Sony makes the next FF an exclusive, even if it's timed.

Today's reaction to the Spider-Man news was a lot more intense than I expected, lol

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
This is the important takeaway. Whatever resources wasted on a complete stinker of a game. A GaaS stinker at that.
Lol I agree

lol
This is called spending smartly.
Not in my opinion, I can't imagine the amount of cash Sony had to spent for this
Yes platform split will favor PS4 (but it was sure before that deal)
And the game is not so hot for now, we will see how they will manage to monetize their game but 30% cut of Avengers spending by players, it won't cover the cash they spent and they have now a negative image with this deal...

Speaking of money, when is the financials. Is it later tonight/morning (like 12 hours) or tomorrow night/Wednesday morning. Looking forward to your post.
It's in 12 hours ! (in 11h55)

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
At one point I was convinced that project athia is the only square Enix money hat sent out but after today, that FFXVI rumour is looking credible, SE and Sony are a bit too cozy rn

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol yeah. XVI is real. It was supposed to get announced in June's event. It's supposedly closer than most people would think. It has some kind of PS5 exclusivity (it was vague back then but it seems to be full timed exclusivity now). And I have no idea why they haven't announced it yet.
Any thoughts on SH? :)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not in my opinion, I can't imagine the amount of cash Sony had to spent for this
Yes platform split will favor PS4 (but it was sure before that deal)
And the game is not so hot for now, we will see how they will manage to monetize their game but 30% cut of Avengers spending by players, it won't cover the cash they spent and they have now a negative image with this deal...

There is no scenario where spending on Spider-Man is a waste of money for Sony in this day and age.

The whole point is to set the stage for PS5, to try to make Spider-Man/Marvel as synonymous with Playstation as possible.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
lol yeah. XVI is real. It was supposed to get announced in June's event. It's supposedly closer than most people would think. It has some kind of PS5 exclusivity (it was vague back then but it seems to be full timed exclusivity now). And I have no idea why they haven't announced it yet.
Tell us more Great One

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Probably, it's just my opinion
I prefer when Sony invests money to have something like Kena instead of this deal
I may also prefer that but the return on investment on Kena would be much lower - I am not sure how that is not obvious. They will make bucketful of money on MT from Spidey skins itself over the next year or two in Avengers.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
It's in 12 hours ! (in 11h55)
Did you make a prediction already? I can't recall. If not when can we suspect your prediction later today :)

Closer than what people think, as in this year close?
Sony gonna call them about that Agent favor lol "you owe us"
Yeah, I might be misremembering but wasn't Agent the hey were sorry for releasing GTA 4 at the same time on other consoles as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.