• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
It's 40 minutes, so they'll probably focus on WWS launch window titles. My guess: Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Destruction AllStars, Returnal, GT 7 and Forbidden West.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to getting an in depth look at the technology Sony has been using to slow the passage of time since Saturday.

Oct 27, 2017
LOL Noooooo

I'd be so excited for a sequel. New cast, new location, new horror they have to survive. It has the makings of a franchise that could go on for a lot of entries. Especially as the horror genre is pretty broad in scope, it doesn't necessarily have to be a slasher style game. Psychological horror, haunted houses/hotels/villages, etc. I'd love to see an Until Dawn sequel do something like Event Horizon or even Alien. Sci-Fi horror on an abandoned ship, and your crew is trying to survive some kind of threat whether extra-terrestrial or supernatural.

And yeah, I played Hidden Agenda too, but I think I got the bad ending! lol. I want to revisit that again some day and see what I could do differently!

I would love to see Until Dawn become a horror anthology series, each one unconnected to its predecessors apart from maybe one common actor playing a part - ideally Peter Stormare as a side character in all the games.

I definitely agree that they should do different genres each time too, so one time it's set in the 1950s during an alien invasion, and then another time it's about a bunch of people trapped inside a town hall when there's a zombie outbreak, and I love your suggestion of being trapped on an Event Horizon-style space ship in deep space. I wrote out a few loose scenarios like this a few years ago, but I don't recall if it was here on on Gaf. Will try to find them.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
Karl Jones - Lead Designer @ Lucid Games.

IMG_20200913_2137483b5376b4b85570b7.jpg

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Okay! Was just curious. :)

There could be a blog post after the event about a presented game that says that the studio also joined the PS family.
I think such things are good for blog posts and tweets, but the new console features and games runing on it, aswell as the price, you do during a showcase.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think we'll see some 2022 games announced. If FFXVI is making it, then I expect Sony to announce a sequel to one of their crowl jewel PS4 IPs, like they did announce UC4 at the PS4 launch to build excitement.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
There could be a blog post after the event about a presented game that says that the studio also joined the PS family.
I think such things are good for blog posts and tweets, but the new console features and games runing on it, aswell as the price, you do during a showcase.
That's True. Or if someone is talking (like how they did for Returnal and Demon's Souls) they could do a quick say they are bought and we will have to read the blog for more information. Not making a "we bought this studio video clip".

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
That's True. Or if someone is talking (like how they did for Returnal and Demon's Souls) they could do a quick say they are bought and we will have to read the blog for more information. Not making a "we bought this studio video clip".

That is also true, there could be some "We joined PS Studios and here is our new game".
So, there is a chance for that during the showcase, more then 0.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
tx2wke7.gif

This scenario where a child asks for ANY next gen console and grandma goes and buys the cheapest one seems like a situation that would mainly happen in the imagination of forum posters.
Not necessarily, when the child just wants to play FIFA, Fortnite and other games on a next gen console. I think your scenario that nobody thinks like this is as false as the scenario nobody would ask for a specific console.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
That is also true, there could be some "We joined PS Studios and here is our new game".
So, there is a chance for that during the showcase, more then 0.
We'll see what happens ^^
Not expecting Sony buying anything (yet) but if it happens then I hope they don't use several minutes of the 40 min event to talk about a studio acquisition.
Those precious minutes could be used for more Demon's Souls gameplay, hehe.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Currently writing an article regarding my expectations and predictions for the PS5 event and I'm quickly realizing my that if my predictions come true, we're looking at one of the greats, but I'm also realizing that my expectations might be a little high xD

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Currently writing an article regarding my expectations and predictions for the PS5 event and I'm quickly realizing my that if my predictions come true, we're looking at one of the greats, but I'm also realizing that my expectations might be a little high xD
Mention in your article that a 1st party JRPG is needed. Or we riot ;P

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I just want Gravity Rush 3. Is that too much to ask, Sony?!
I don't know about that. The art, traversal and vertical overworld was simply awesome. The rest was boring or terrible, especailly mission design.
I find the balloon hunt being the only fun part of the game.
What about the scenario where a grandma gets confused and decides to buy an entirely different console?
Does anyone who worked in sellings electronics saw a grandma buy a console?
Have you ever ask your grandma to buy a console? Did she missed?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm assuming Sony has something planned with Epic for Fortnite right? It's one of the major games people are playing and they'll want those people to transition to PS5 through this game.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily, when the child just wants to play FIFA, Fortnite and other games on a next gen console. I think your scenario that nobody thinks like this is as false as the scenario nobody would ask for a specific console.
My scenario is simply that kid's know what they want based on their own taste or what their friends have. This seems far more likely to me than "buy me any next gen console no matter what."

Does anyone who worked in sellings electronics saw a grandma buy a console?
Have you ever ask your grandma to buy a console? Did she missed?
I got $10 from my grandma on birthdays and holidays. $300+ game consoles were not even remotely in the cards.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
We have seen a price announcement and system announcement per leak, with pre-order option in 2 weeks, by one company.
Now we could see a showcase with gameplay, console features and price announcement, maybe pre-order is even available in this week.

There was a lot of talk how bad the sony marketing is, but if that comes true it is a big marketing win.

Not even talking about a possible cheaper flagship model, a cheaper alternative that has the same power as the flagship for full digital customers, or possible higher availability...

Jan 20, 2019
It happens quite often at some threeshold (around 50 I'd say) in all honestly but nearly every time the kid is here and do the talking.

Correct, prety much all the time the consumer doesnt pick a random item and buys it by mistake. They know what they want, they migh not know anything about the product by they know what brand they want and this is when the employee comes in to play.

Most of the time when the consumer is trying to by a product for some else, in this case a kid, they either know the product or the kid is there to choose

This is my experience as i work at retail for close to 7 years.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
My scenario is simply that kid's know what they want based on their own taste or what their friends have. This seems far more likely to me than "buy me any next gen console no matter what."
What kids want and get are two different things. Many people bought PS4, because it was more powerful and cheaper. Price matters. I think PS5 will sell more, but a consumer buying the cheapest console for their child isn't something out of a forum fairytale book. It's reality.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017

Please mention the need for the comeback of COLONY WARS, your readers deserve the truth, seems nobody else has the courage to do so...

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
We have seen a price announcement and system announcement per leak, with pre-order option in 2 weeks, by one company.
Now we could see a showcase with gameplay, console features and price announcement, maybe pre-order is even available in this week.

There was a lot of talk how bad the sony marketing is, but if that comes true it is a big marketing win.

Not even talking about a possible cheaper flagship model, a cheaper alternative that has the same power as the flagship for full digital customers, or possible higher availability...
The big marketing win is Miles Morales at launch

People underestimates this game, it will sell a lot of PS5 and general audience will embrace this new Spider-Man game

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Never ever underestimate a child's capacity to ask for a very specific piece of hardware. I've yet to see someone who says "just get me something that plays Fortnite or FIFA".

Jan 20, 2019
What kids want and get are two different things. Many people bought PS4, because it was more powerful and cheaper. Price matters. I think PS5 will sell more, but a consumer buying the cheapest console for their child isn't something out of a forum fairytale book. It's reality.

Brand plays a huge roll on the selling of a product, much more then power.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Never ever underestimate a child's capacity to ask for a very specific piece of hardware. I've yet to see someone who says "just get me something that plays Fortnite or FIFA".
I am not underestimating a child's capacity. They can be very specific, but equally they don't always get what they want. I think the truth lies in the middle. Some consumers want a specific console, while others want to play their third party games.

Brand plays a huge roll on the selling of a product, much more then power.
Never suggested otherwise.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I'm sorry but I hate these generalizations from people who sound like they don't have kids... you make it sound like kids are rational adults lol. They know what they want, man be it Xbox or PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
I just want Gravity Rush 3. Is that too much to ask, Sony?!

I wish I liked GR2 more than I do. But I felt so bummed out by that game that I don't really care if they make another. They had so long to develop it and it was probably my most disappointing game of the generation.

How big of a chance is it that Sony says during the event:

"Hey we bought this studio!"?

I could maybe see the new game from the San Diego new studio get announced, with an emphasis on it being a new studio. But I don't really expect any acquisition announcements. As Snakeeee says below, I generally find it a bit crass.

I whould say close to 0, that type of news is not need it for a conference.

Expectations for the hardware, firmware or software? (Or all three?!)

I'm assuming Sony has something planned with Epic for Fortnite right? It's one of the major games people are playing and they'll want those people to transition to PS5 through this game.

Yeah, I expect their relationship with Epic will strengthen over the start of next gen.

Please mention the need for the comeback of COLONY WARS, your readers deserve the truth, seems nobody else has the courage to do so...

And if they can't do Colony Wars we would also accept G-Police as a consolation prize, right?

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Status
Not open for further replies.