• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know that lol, but my psn account could have some sort of "record" that states that i own the game.
Guess is a long shot, will have to sell everything
Not really. Maybe you just used your friends disc. PSN can't tell the difference 😉
All your digital PS4 games you bought on PSN will run perfectly on your PS5DE. Games on disc, of course, won't.
I'm still ~80% physical. Same will happen with the PS5. So I need the standard PS5 :)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

092.gif

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I place the PS5 upside down will it play my games?
EDIT: Does this fix PS4s with Disc drive issues?
EDIT: I wonder if inserting discs will be weird since it's upside down

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
this might be the wrong thread to ask but does anyone know if yakuza like a dragon is getting a free ps5 upgrade eventually

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
This post is joke, right?
It would be nice if Sony allow people to make the transition to digital without having to buy the games again.

I have always dislike the idea that you have to pay twice to own the game physically and digitally. I wished it could be like when you buy a Blu ray and they include the code for the digital version of the movie.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
It would be nice if Sony allow people to make the transition to digital without having to buy the games again.

I have always dislike the idea that you have to pay twice to own the game physically and digitally. I wished it could be like when you buy a Blu ray and they include the code for the digital version of the movie.

I'm sure sony can't even do that with every game.
I'm sure every publisher has a say in that.

But if they do that, i will buy again disc games, get the digital copy for me, and sell the disc.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Also Zlug graciosly made me a couple avatars last night after I foolishly tempted fate, so I'll be wearing one of them or else ...

I'll let you all vote today on which one you all want me to use for tomorrow.

1600115016-2701.png

or

1600116282-bigmistake.jpg

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Also Lacrimosis would like me to share an important discovery of his with all of you.

"In Astros PlayRoom the crabbots on the beach dont have pincers.

Vi-M8-AOLo-png-small.png

they have a dustpan and a brush"

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Okay, don't want to make any commercial, but for those of you that want to get featured in the "Biggest Dreams" section for the PS5 showcase + future of Playstation, feel free to write to me and I'll give you a shoutout lol.
You mean what we want to see at the show? That's easy baby...Bring back Ape escape and get the ball rolling with these evergreen titles.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't matter if the bitrate is bad, there will be videos all over Youtube when it's over.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
My thoughts on the pricing are like, if they can produce PS5's for less than $500, why would they sell it for less than $500? If they can make a profit on the hardware, without pricing the system $600, why wouldn't they? While also taking into the consideration the perception that a console cheaper than the Xbox Series X must mean that it's a less powerful console than the Series X? At the end of the day, Sony is a business that wants to make money, and it'd look real nice for their investors if they weren't selling the console at a loss. I think Sony knows that people will pay $499 for a PS5, and since Microsoft through that number out there first, and it wasn't met with insane backlash, that they're more confident in coming out with a $499 price tag themselves, especially coupled with the fact that they have a strong lineup of games that have been getting a lot of positive buzz, whereas, despite MS coming out with a $499 box, and not having an announced lineup that is generating nearly as much buzz, while also still maintaining good faith in Xbox gamers. Like, the Series S and Series X are going to do really well, and I imagine that gives Sony confidence in the prospects of the PS5 doing well at a $399/$499 price point.

I mean, it doesn't matter to me, as I'm not an investor, but I'm also trying to keep my expectations in check for the cost of the console. I'd rather go into Wednesday thinking it's going to cost me $499, and be pleasantly surprised if it's actually $449, than go into Wednesday expecting a $449 price tag, and being disappointed by a $499 price tag. It's just my own personal way of managing my expectations. At that point, the only thing that could possibly disappoint me about the event is if the console was $599, which, I can't possibly see being the case.
Agree with all this.

And no production cut back articles are gonna bring me down.

We are ....this....close to price n pre orders.

1 day to go everyone...

dbc6597b27b388e63bb782875fc7140c.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am 99% sure I won't be able to snatch a PS5 at launch, since scalpers will go into overdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.