• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirudo

May 1, 2020
I can not believe the price of ps5 in my country, it is much more expensive than the xbox series x about 20 dollars with the version without disk and almost 150 more for the version with disk.

I no longer know whether to buy, the difference is too much.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
What I've been hearing for a while was that Miles, Sackboy, and Horizon are cross-gen, and Demon's, Ratchet, and GoW2 are PS5 only.

Bad info is always a possibility, but since everything else was basically confirmed yesterday, I find it hard to believe that GoW2 is the outlier.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is kinda sad to see that sony still doesn't get better at messaging.

I already said after the PS5 deep dive with Cerny that they have to work on it.
The first blogpost about BC was wrong, then the updated post about BC was still confusing, and then came silence.
And now they mess up the cross gen and console exclusive messaging.
I hope that is something that can change, but somehow it seems to be a bigger problem in the higher ranks.
2020 in general has been awful. I would hope the messaging would be better too. Sony is a strange company in many ways, I love their consoles, but they are weird at times.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
It takes a special place to take exciting news (including PS4 owners), an amazing conference, the best launch ever for a PS console and make it negative. Tks ResetEra...

And yeah, I want PS5 to be tapped into ASAP, who in the world thinks this isn't going to happen? SSM, ND, GG are not going to come up with something amazing that can only be done on PS5, and put it on the shelf because they have to make a separate version. The genre defining games are still coming, they NEVER came in year 1-2. We right now have only on PS5 games. Literally everyone has some of what they want...I don't see how anyone can be actually upset after great games are shown.

To me, it's starting to feel like its really not about the games, but this is just a gaming soap opera.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yep even in other hardcore places .
That is expected to tell the truth people don't have to rush and upgrade to play 2 of the biggest games .

They're two games that a lot of people bought a PS4 for. Glad Sony isn't abandoning them. I wouldn't be surprised if God of War is the same situation, but also think Sony can afford to flex with that IP a bit and make it a big draw for fans that will upgrade, like they're doing with Demon's Souls and Ratchet.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I've been hearing for a while was that Miles, Sackboy, and Horizon are cross-gen, and Demon's, Ratchet, and GoW2 are PS5 only.

Bad info is always a possibility, but since everything else was basically confirmed yesterday, I find it hard to believe that GoW2 is the outlier.

Spider-Man and Sackboy were the two that I was surprised but understood why. MM is Spider-Man PS4 at its core. Sackboy ain't pushing the PS5.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I can not believe the price of ps5 in my country, it is much more expensive than the xbox series x about 20 dollars with the version without disk and almost 150 more for the version with disk.

I no longer know whether to buy, the difference is too much.

Do you know why? Is it that Sony is just more expensive or are there any Import taxes and different Setups in manufacturing or something like that?

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

Thanks!

And yeah, they way SSM devs talk about the game and how that's everything they wanted to make, makes it sound that they can go all ham with it being PS5 only.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017

That would be a solid spread. Thanks for the info!

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
We shouldn't need forum insiders to tell us what platforms a game is launching on just like we shouldn't need Geoff Keighley to tell us when PS5 pre-orders are starting. Sony's communication is a god damn problem, pure and simple.

Amen. It's fucking hilariously bad. And they stayed silent for soooooooooo long too. and this is the state of communication we get. and they stayed silent about cross gen spidey horizon too. I'm legit annoyed about horizon.

good lord please don't let ps4 hold back God of War at least. But that 2021 date makes me think....yeah this is gonna be in the same boat. and we won't prob know until like a month or two before launch lol and even then Geoff will probably leak it to us

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Yeah and that is basically what the official PR says too
To support the PlayStation®4 community as they transition to the next generation when they're ready, SIE will launch PS4™ versions of a few exclusive titles: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch

PlayStation 5 Launches this November at $399 for PS5 Digital Edition, and $499 for PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive

SAN MATEO, Calif., Sept 16, 2020 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced launch date and price details for its highly anticipated next-generation videogame system, PlayStation®5. SIE also revealed new updates to the PS5™ game portfolio, including Final Fantasy XVI, Fortnite...

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Those interested in Godfall, did the launch line up changed your mind about getting it?

I was almost certaintly getting it but now that Demon's is at launch... I might just wait for reviews, I have to make numbers to buy Miles and Demon's and from there see what else, if anything, I can get.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
HFW had me shock to tell the truth but it make sense when it think about .
Still really disappoint with that .
I do think that's the biggest head turner. I think everyone assumed Horizon would be a PS5 exclusive to make the most of it's new power.

In some ways though it does make sense in that, although it sold amazingly, it is a new IP with a new heroine so its a good way to try and further build up its fan base. A lot of PS4's have been sold since its release.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with Sackboy and Spider-Man being cross-gen, but come on Horizon 2 and (possibly) God of War 2? I was hoping those would be full fledged next gen games.

agree. however horizon started dev 3 years ago when ps5 was paper specs. so if it was ps5 exclusive it was going to be a ps4 port as most work was made based on ps4.
gow i expected it 2022 giving it time to be on ps5. it could be crossgen it could be ps5 only if late 2021. we will see... i prefer it to be ps5 only nextx holiday or 2022.

its good that ps4 has 2 sony games this holiday and a big one next year along with multis and f2p games. big install base is active ofcourse and makes money for sony....

by the end of 2021 ps5 can be around 20mil and even multis will transition to next gen from 2022

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017

You know I just wanna say, I appreciate you man. Thanks for the info

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll buy these at launch. And Bugsnax if it makes it. Yakuza will probably last for me until Hitman 3 launches in January. Hitman 3 in VR, I'm still salivating.

8156521-l.jpg
Spider-Man-Miles-Morales-2.jpg

JogoPS4YakuzaLikeaDragon_grande.png
EgVOQRmXsAA_8VK.jpg

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I do think that's the biggest head turner. I think everyone assumed Horizon would be a PS5 exclusive to make the most of it's new power.

In some ways though it does make sense in that, although it sold amazingly, it is a new IP with a new heroine so its a good way to try and further build up its fan base. A lot of PS4's have been sold since its release.

Plus it also spend a ton of time on PS4 dev kits .
Spidey MM not a shock to me since i always had that in my mind .
PS5 only would have hurt the sales but a huge amount to tell the truth .

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
You're not gonna see gameplay innovations and all that stuff in a game which isn't full priced.
Indies games says hi.
No idea how that will work, but i will learn it early enough.
You have to put the stand in a specific position (because of the shape of the console) and "lay down" the console on it. That's why the stand have a different shape between DE and DD. The DD PS5 need a triangle shape.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Horizon 2/Miles situation feels basically like the Gran Turismo 6 of the new gen launch, except Sony learned their lesson and made the games cross gen.

Same with Sackboy, won't suffer the fate of Puppeteer.

Not sure what all the hoopla is about. They have both cross gen and next gen exclusive games ready for launch, day 1.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

thx. makes sense.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, I think some are missing this is actually why some of us are upset on the crossgen news. They flatout called Horizon and Miles PS5 exclusive 3 months ago. If they want to make crossgen games, it's not unreasonable to ask them to be upfront about it.
Was this during the FoG event or somewhere else?
My issue is that a year or two ago we got reports that all 1st party games starting production in 2017 or 2018 would be ps5 only. Not sure if they ever made that official.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
agree. however horizon started dev 3 years ago when ps5 was paper specs. so if it was ps5 exclusive it was going to be a ps4 port as most work was made based on ps4.
gow i expected it 2022 giving it time to be on ps5. it could be crossgen it could be ps5 only if late 2021. we will see... i prefer it to be ps5 only nextx holiday or 2022.

its good that ps4 has 2 sony games this holiday and a big one next year along with multis and f2p games. big install base is active ofcourse and makes money for sony....

by the end of 2021 ps5 can be around 20mil and even multis will transition to next gen from 2022

God of War coming out in 2021 feels kinda rushed, so I could see it being cross-gen, I hope i'm wrong though.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Horizon Forbidden West is a huge open-world Action-RPG (kinda). Takes a little bit longer than a God of War game.
And then there is the fact that Guerrilla Games is twice as big as Sony Santa Monica Studio. Should be enough time, when both projects started as PS4 games / on PS4 dev kits.
How do you come to that conclusion? God of War is essentially a 30-40 hour Uncharted Game. Everyone was shocked when the 2021 Release Window dropped.

Deleted member 66837

Banned
Apr 24, 2020

Thanks!

You might've answered this before so sorry for asking again: is Square's upcoming release lineup going to be in this order, XVI, Athia, 7R-2?

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
When I think I have still Two months to wait when today has already been hard to contain myself...

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
The Horizon 2/Miles situation feels basically like the Gran Turismo 6 of the new gen launch, except Sony learned their lesson and made the games cross gen.

Same with Sackboy, won't suffer the fate of Puppeteer.

Not sure what all the hoopla is about. They have both cross gen and next gen exclusive game ready for launch, day 1.
Yep it feels like a good thing but people are mad because Sony hid the PS4 versions for months. Also Horizon being held back by PS4 limits does hurt a bit, but hopefully its fully designed for PS5 first then just nerfed to run okay on PS4.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Unpopular opinion, but I think both Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West will be "better" games due to being cross-gen. If both were PS5 exclusive titles, they'd either be delayed by a year or so or much smaller in scope.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Sony always believed in generations and still made cross-gen games in the past.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Sony will push PS5 exclusive games from day one to convince people to transition to PS5. Demon's Souls, Destruction Allstars, Ratchet & Clank and God of War 2 is probably one of the best first year of next gen exclusives ever.

They are believing in generations just like Jim Ryan said otherwise they would have 0 first party next gent exclusives games.

Microsoft doesn't plan to release a next gen exclusive for the first 1-2 years, that's a completly different strategy, even with HFW being cross-gren.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks!

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Thanks!

You might've answered this before so sorry for asking again: is Square's upcoming release lineup going to be in this order, XVI, Athia, 7R-2?

FF7-2 is a wild card. The scoop of the project changed recently and I'm not sure what they're aiming for anymore. Might get clearer in the coming few months.

XVI is releasing before Athia.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

Anything on Gran Turismo 7?

OddRonald

Jul 31, 2020
The PlayStation Plus Collection makes me feel silly for picking up God of war, last of us remastered and bloodborne early, it was a pain in the arse to order but other than that I'm happy with all the news, hoping that the spiderman remaster is a free patch for owners of the original game

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep it feels like a good thing but people are mad because Sony hid the PS4 versions for months. Also Horizon being held back by PS4 limits does hurt a bit, but hopefully its fully designed for PS5 first then just nerfed to run okay on PS4.

Agreed, can't wait to see H2 in action.

Cory's on record though saying the 2nd games dev wont take as long. No one who was paying attention should be surprised by a 2021 target date. The only reason it feels unrealistic is because of COVID.

Yup, the re-imagining part of it is done.

Now they have an exact formula/characters/story that they can build on and continue from.

A shorter dev cycle makes sense.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony always believed in generations and still made cross-gen games in the past.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Sony will push PS5 exclusive games from day one to convince people to transition to PS5. Demon's Souls, Destruction Allstars, Ratchet & Clank and God of War 2 is probably one of the best first year of next gen exclusives ever.

They are believing in generations just like Jim Ryan said otherwise they would have 0 first party next gent exclusives games.

Microsoft doesn't plan to release a next gen exclusive for the first 1-2 years, that's a completly different strategy, even with HFW being cross-gren.

yeah the problem with ms was saying for 2 years everything crossgen which is too much. the ps5 crossgen games are games that were already being made for ps4(even horizon) while ofcourse having next gen exclusives from the start....

Status
Not open for further replies.