• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So regarding Sony Santa Monica, where do we all stand on the chances that they've either got a second full team going, or they've got a 1.5 team situation going where one is working on GoW2 and the other is getting things going on a second project?

I have to wonder if Cory is actually working on another game, and if he is how that's working out.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I do wonder where the PS Now subs are at now. It grew quite well within the span of a year:

March 2019 : 700k
End of Sept 2019 : 1m+
End of April 2020 : 2.2m+

With some of the sales they had on the service I have to wonder if they're closer to 4 million by now.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I do wonder where the PS Now subs are at now. It grew quite well within the span of a year:

March 2019 : 700k
End of Sept 2019 : 1m+
End of April 2020 : 2.2m+

With some of the sales they had on the service I have to wonder if they're closer to 4 million by now.
During the past 6 months, they've had two PSNow sales, both I and my friend have signed up for 12 months. I'm also going to gift 12 months to someone in my family because he has a super poor economy and PSNow gives him a lot of games to play with. I feel like the service is growing, especially as they continue adding games like Days Gone, Medievil, and Friday the 13th to the service. :)

Biggest question is what the future plan is. I'd love to see a merger of PS+ and PSNow, but it might be a little overambitious to believe we'll see something like that.

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool
During the past 6 months, they've had two PSNow sales, both I and my friend have signed up for 12 months. I'm also going to gift 12 months to someone in my family because he has a super poor economy and PSNow gives him a lot of games to play with. I feel like the service is growing, especially as they continue adding games like Days Gone, Medievil, and Friday the 13th to the service. :)

Biggest question is what the future plan is. I'd love to see a merger of PS+ and PSNow, but it might be a little overambitious to believe we'll see something like that.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, I got PS Now for both of my siblings households so their kids could have more games to choose from. They seem to be enjoying it so far.

While I don't think they'll integrate PS Now into PS+ I do think we might see a bundle package. Right now both services combined are $120 USD, so maybe they'd offer an introductory price to join for $99 or upgrade from Plus for an additional $40. Of course that also depends on what direction they plan to take the service in the long run, as that will affect any new pricing schemes they come up with.

lol, maybe I spoke too soon?

I'm not sure if they'd be willing to go as far as just straight dropping PS Now into PS+. Maybe allowing access to the download portion of PS Now into PS+? Then they can focus on expanding the streaming portion of the service to give people a reason to sign up for that as well.

I suppose if there were a merger of both services to some degree then they could focus on just adding new monthly content once instead of having to split it all up between the two services. Then again I don't know how that plan would jive with the PS+ Collection idea...

Last edited:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
So regarding Sony Santa Monica, where do we all stand on the chances that they've either got a second full team going, or they've got a 1.5 team situation going where one is working on GoW2 and the other is getting things going on a second project?

I have to wonder if Cory is actually working on another game, and if he is how that's working out.
I guess it depends on how ambitious they are going with GOW Ragnarok. Based on the 2021 date, I personally think that it is going to be a direct sequel with little improvements here and there (and there's a small chance that its also coming to PS4, which could explain the fast development/possible release). So if this is the case, they are 100% at least in pre-production for a New IP, we just won't see it for a while though.

I hope studios like ND, SM and Guerrilla borrow whatever playbook Insomniac's using for making so many damn games.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden

DFCB.gif

Yeah, I got PS Now for both of my siblings households so their kids could have more games to choose from. They seem to be enjoying it so far.

While I don't think they'll integrate PS Now into PS+ I do think we might see a bundle package. Right now both services combined are $120 USD, so maybe they'd offer an introductory price to join for $99 or upgrade from Plus for an additional $40. Of course that also depends on what direction they plan to take the service in the long run, as that will affect any new pricing schemes they come up with.
It's a great value. Me and my girlfriend has been using the service for some LEGO games to play together, it's great :D

Yeah, same here. I think that would be a great way to go about it. I just feel like, people are using the PlayStation+ Collection as a "GamePass" thing, then we have the regular PS+ monthly games and PSNow that I'd say is the most like GamePass.

It'll be interesting to see how Now performs and evolves as time goes on.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, i did the trial of PS Now and it worked ok back then. If they in the future merge it with plus and ads A TON of classics from the Ps1,2 and 3 and even PSP im so in. But for now i'm out.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
More hype I really don't think so.

But more great games in the first 12 months with no doubt! Best PS launch games by far.
There's way more hype for PS5 than there was for PS4. Remember that PS4 was coming off the back of the PS3 and the strongest Xbox generation. Era might not be excited but the real world marketing metrics tell a different story.

orzkare

Apr 9, 2020
Japan
Japan studio interview on Famitsu(in japanese)
What is a surprise?

--Can you tell us a little more about the game?How much volume is the game?

Nicola
I think it's roughly 4-5 hours to play through and complete the game in one sitting.In addition, there are a lot of homages to the 25 years of PlayStation history hidden throughout the game.There are collectibles among them, and a lot of artifacts and puzzle pieces to collect, which is a lot of fun.Also, I can't go into detail, but there's a surprise for PlayStation fans if you complete them all. I can't wait to see how you all enjoy this PlayStation tribute, and I can't wait to see your reaction, although it's been 25 years in the making, so some of the younger players may not understand some of it (laughs).

s.famitsu.com

PS5『アストロプレイルーム』インタビュー。待望の“ASOBI!チーム”最新作とPS5について開発者に直撃! | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

プレイステーション5にプリインストールされる『Astro's Playroom(アストロプレイルーム)』を開発したニコラ・デュセ氏にインタビュー。さすがASOBI!チーム、今回もスゴイのを作ってきた!

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
What is a surprise?

Nicola
I think it's roughly 4-5 hours to play through and complete the game in one sitting.In addition, there are a lot of homages to the 25 years of PlayStation history hidden throughout the game.There are collectibles among them, and a lot of artifacts and puzzle pieces to collect, which is a lot of fun.Also, I can't go into detail, but there's a surprise for PlayStation fans if you complete them all. I can't wait to see how you all enjoy this PlayStation tribute, and I can't wait to see your reaction, although it's been 25 years in the making, so some of the younger players may not understand some of it (laughs).

s.famitsu.com

プレイステーション5にプリインストールされる『Astro's Playroom(アストロプレイルーム)』を開発したニコラ・デュセ氏にインタビュー。さすがASOBI!チーム、今回もスゴイのを作ってきた!

All this BC teasing...i seriously hope something comes from this.

foamdino

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What is a surprise?

Nicola

s.famitsu.com

That just sounds great

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
There's way more hype for PS5 than there was for PS4. Remember that PS4 was coming off the back of the PS3 and the strongest Xbox generation. Era might not be excited but the real world marketing metrics tell a different story.
The last PS3 years were A LOT better than those of the 360 in term of games.

The hype for PS4 was huge after E3.

But yes, PS brand grew a lot during the PS4. Youtube, Insta, Twitter metrics are a lot bigger.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Wouldn't be too surprising to me if after the PS5's launch Sony's focus when it comes to this kinda service slowly shifts to the PS+ Collection with the 2 monthly games being discontinued.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
What is a surprise?

Nicola

s.famitsu.com

Wow! Is this the Playstation crossover I've been waiting for?

I know a lot of people might not agree, but I would die for a cameo from Jak & Daxter and / or Sly Cooper in Rift Apart.

Wouldn't be too surprising to me if after the PS5's launch Sony's focus when it comes to this kinda service slowly shifts to the PS+ Collection with the 2 monthly games being discontinued.
Yeah, for sure. However, I do believe we'll see BC for PS1-PS3 somehow on the PS5, and it might just be through a service like this. I would rather PSNow, and the technology be folded into the PS+ Collection and everything is used for one service. Especially if Microsoft drops Xbox Live (Which Sony won't do for PS+ imo)

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
This thread is like a sanctuary lol. :P
What is a surprise?
...there's a surprise for PlayStation fans if you complete them all. I can't wait to see how you all enjoy this PlayStation tribute, and I can't wait to see your reaction, although it's been 25 years in the making, so some of the younger players may not understand some of it (laughs).

s.famitsu.com

Anything other than PS1, PS2, and PS3 BC unlock will be disappointment now :p (at least PS3, pretty please? I still have a lot of my PS3 games lol)

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
What is a surprise?

Nicola

s.famitsu.com

Not bad at all for a free game a nice family friendly one at that.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I'm also interested on PSNow future, currently subbed because at 45€ was really cheap, so why not?. It is agood service, i don't think it needs to go the GP route, but isnstead focus on legacy games with a few '1 year old' ones, but old first party games should be there forever, especially PS3 ones (why Motorstorm Apocalypse and no PAcific Rift for example), and now that PS5 is almost here, start feeding the service with their first party from PS4 era (some already there, just seems random, for example update Uncharted and TLOU from ps3 to ps4 remasters).
Also add PSP and PSOne classics, that would enhance the service and i doubt it would increase cost unlike adding recent games.

It is a bit weird, because PSNow is often compared to GP and considered worse, but at the same time, PS+ is , almost always, much better deal than GwG.
Maybe offering both with a little discount could be nice.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
People need to let Jak go, the series was never as good as Crash, Sly Cooper, Spyro or Ratchet & Clank. I hope no one wastes their time remaking any of the Jak games.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
People need to let Jak go, the series was never as good as Crash, Sly Cooper, Spyro or Ratchet & Clank. I hope no one wastes their time remaking any of the Jak games.

Jak 1 is a fantastic game. A remake would be glorious!
Seems that Astro Bot is their new platform focus now though. I'd like more games like that but at least Sony's doing something in that genre again.

Nov 21, 2017
Jak 1 is a fantastic game. A remake would be glorious!
Seems that Astro Bot is their new platform focus now though. I'd like more games like that but at least Sony's doing something in that genre again.

Not necessarily considering Sackboy is getting a new game next month and Ratchet & Clank will be a launch window PS5 game. SIE has 3 platformers they are focusing on at the moment.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I have an important question for the Playstation community

I'm going ALL OUT for the PS5 launch. I've taken around a week off from work, and will only focus on gaming. I've pre-ordered the following games (Miles Morales, Demons Souls, Godfall, Sackboy, and Destruction All Stars)

I also plan on playing Astros Playroom, of course. However, I've also saved some PS4 games for the PS5 launch, mainly Final Fantasy VII Remake, Avengers, and Spiritfarer.

I won't have enough space on the PS5, lol. Should I purchase a separate storage space, and should it be an SSD or HDD? :P

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm going ALL OUT for the PS5 launch. I've taken around a week off from work, and will only focus on gaming. I've pre-ordered the following games (Miles Morales, Demons Souls, Godfall, Sackboy, and Destruction All Stars)

I also plan on playing Astros Playroom, of course. However, I've also saved some PS4 games for the PS5 launch, mainly Final Fantasy VII Remake, Avengers, and Spiritfarer.

I won't have enough space on the PS5, lol. Should I purchase a separate storage space, and should it be an SSD or HDD? :P
I think a regular HDD for cold storage would be recommended. Save the money for when there's a list of compatible internal SSDs, these will be expensive lol.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all make it sound like Naughty Dog or another dev couldn't go back to basics with Jak & Daxter. Look how amazing Ratchet & Clank looks. Now imagine if Jak got that same treatment for the PS5.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think it's too early to say but how important are load times/assets loading in to you?

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Y'all make it sound like Naughty Dog or another dev couldn't go back to basics with Jak & Daxter. Look how amazing Ratchet & Clank looks. Now imagine if Jak got that same treatment for the PS5.

I would prefer ND tackle a new IP, considering their technology relating to actual actors it would seem wasted on something like Jak and Daxter.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia

Portable SSD would be nicer of course, although you'll be limited by the PS5's USB port speed (10gbps / 1250~MB/s).
Normal external HDD will probably transfer 100-200MB/s so it'll be slower when copying files :P

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I think a regular HDD for cold storage would be recommended. Save the money for when there's a list of compatible internal SSDs, these will be expensive lol.
I think it's too early to say but how important are load times/assets loading in to you?
Portable SSD would be nicer of course, although you'll be limited by the PS5's USB port speed (10gbps / 1250~MB/s).
Normal external HDD will probably transfer 100-200MB/s so it'll be slower when copying files :P
I kind of want it to be fast, if I'm going to be honest. I want to feel the PS5's power lol.

I'm going to think about it a bit, I might have to finish games quickly and delete them at launch lol

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland

I think this is a really solid choice for external storage on the PS5. The reason I say that is it's typically faster than your standard external SSD (600MB/s) at 1050MB/s, but isn't ridiculously over spec'd as the USB 3.1 ports will limit the transfer speed at around 1250MB/s. It'll provide close to the fastest transfer rate you're going to get from an external drive this generation.

I've linked the 2TB version which is £369 but there's a 1TB version available for £195 and a 500GB version for £114. When you consider that you can get a Samsung NVMe 980 Pro 1TB SSD for that internal slot for £250 when that's released (assuming it's a Sony approved drive - don't but until they confirm) - it's maybe worth while waiting for one of those that'll really take the full advantage of the PS5.

Jan 20, 2019

You shouldn't buy anything for the first couple months, wait until summer so that you can have a better of the tec and the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.