• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Just really depends on how much you like the original game. I don't think it's worth it if you've already completed the game, but if you never played it then it is worth it
I liked it, already platinumed it, so it would be more the fact of pretty the games since i sold the ps4 one. I also have the feeling that after MM it will be like playing TLOU after TLOU2, a step backwards, so maybe i should put that extra money on something else. I wasn't planning to buy it, but since i had a 5€voucher for amazon, and was about to preorder MM there and saw the ultimate edition for just 10€ more instead of 20€ on psn..... Desicions

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Man Cyberpunk delay screwed my Next Gen Day one Plans. Was going to buy it with my PS5 but no i'm not sure what to get.

I'm not into Souls games and never played Spiderman, i'm not even sure im into Spiderman. I'm really really eyeing Valhalla but Odysseys was such an incredible slog to play through i had to drop it after some time. But i absolutely LOOOVE viking stuf, like really really.

So it's between Valhalla and Spiderman for me.

Can someone tell me how long it takes to finish OG Spiderman?

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man Cyberpunk delay screwed my Next Gen Day one Plans. Was going to buy it with my PS5 but no i'm not sure what to get.

I'm not into Souls games and never played Spiderman, i'm not even sure im into Spiderman. I'm really really eyeing Valhalla but Odysseys was such an incredible slog to play through i had to drop it after some time. But i absolutely LOOOVE viking stuf, like really really.

16.5 hours if you mainline and a 35 hour platinum. With the DLC add 6-11 hours.

Eden-prime

May 21, 2020

Around 20 hours to beat the main story but there's story dlcs, sidequests and collectibles to do depending on your play-style. I recommend picking up smm ultimate edition to get both games. It will be worth it.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, from Moore's Law Is Dead, I think they also correctly predict God of War sequel announced at PS5 Showcase back September.

I don't have the link though, maybe someone could bring it up.
Neat, that'd be fun. Not unprecedented either, Sony did something similar before the PS4 launch where they announced Uncharted 4 like the day before launch or something silly like that.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy

Same for me bar not being into Souls games. I have Demon's preordered, but now I'm debating whether to replace my Cyberpunk preorder with something else like WD Legion/AC or even Sackboy or to stick with Cyberpunk and wait a few weeks to play it (even though I'm starting to be afraid of how it runs on consoles).

Nov 18, 2018

Honestly I had very little interest in Spider-Man before I played the game but I ended up having an absolute blast with it. It's just a ton of fun, even if you're generally not that into Spidey.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
16.5 hours if you mainline and a 35 hour platinum. With the DLC add 6-11 hours.
Around 20 hours to beat the main story but there's story dlcs, sidequests and collectibles to do depending on your play-style. I recommend picking up smm ultimate edition to get both games. It will be worth it.
Same for me bar not being into Souls games. I have Demon's preordered, but now I'm debating whether to replace my Cyberpunk preorder with something else like WD Legion/AC or even Sackboy or to stick with Cyberpunk and wait a few weeks to play it (even though I'm starting to be afraid of how it runs on consoles).
Honestly I had very little interest in Spider-Man before I played the game but I ended up having an absolute blast with it. It's just a ton of fun, even if you're generally not that into Spidey.

Thanks to all!

About 30 hours ( including MM) is a lot more than what i have before Cyberpunk roles in. I'm sure Spiderman is an incredible fun game, but sadly i'm the type of person that,as soon as CP releases, will get it instantly and drop Spiderman.
Can see myself finishing Spiderman Remastered and going for DLCs and MM after finishing Cyberpunk though.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
PS Germany just posted this weird tweet asking people for what PS2 game they'd like to play, the linked PS blog post is jut a wishlist though. I wonder if Sony is cooking up something 🤔

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
PS Germany just posted this weird tweet asking people for what PS2 game they'd like to play, the linked PS blog post is jut a wishlist though. I wonder if Sony is cooking up something 🤔

They did the same with PS1 games and they even have an article on their blog:

blog.de.playstation.com

Diese PS1-Perlen brauchen unbedingt eine Neuauflage!

Ein neues Destruction Derby, Bushido Blade oder Parasite Eve? Wir wären sofort dabei!

It's just riding on the nostalgia train with zero result, we can't even play PS1 games on the PS5, fing lol.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

It takes about 20 hours to get through the initially novelty of swinging through the city...and then, well another 20 hours when you realize you're not over just jumping off high buildings and swinging at the last possible moment.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

This is one thing I can't get hyped about for fear of the immense disappointment. Even if they just brought back the PS2 and PS1 classics, it would be more than enough for me because PS2 classics had Persona 3, Digital Devil Saga and Grandia 3 T.T

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any rumblings of what embargo moved up that all of these influencers are tweeting about?

Jan 20, 2019
Are there any rumblings of what embargo moved up that all of these influencers are tweeting about?

Xbox, i went from friday to today i think.

Sony increase their forecast by 1B revenu and 400M in profit, it seems it is related to increase in software sales and add on, it seems that they had some concerns about some games getting delayed and now that they know that does games wont, the increase it.
Impressive results.

Other thing is that they dont seem that interesting in going for acquisition war, so dont expect anything.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Ooh, I really hope gameplay doesn't disappoint. I love this trailer, I want the gameplay to fall not very far from this. If it's some absolute shit that bears no resemblance I will be a bit miffed.
Oh, but the teaser is mostly gameplay. You can watch some old dev blog here : https://hk-devblog.com/category/screenshots-videos/
So news sooner rather than later?
It seems embargo on games are moving or aren't that fixed. I don't think they will move the 6th on the console because I think we will have an other UI video.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
How to get a PSVR adapter for PS5
(Sony still hasn't clarified the steps needed to take to redeem the adapter.)

"Speaking with UploadVR, a Sony representative confirmed that the adapter will not be shipped with the console in the box and that people will have to place an order to receive one separately. Judging from this statement, it appears that people may be able to fill out an online order or form of some kind through PlayStation. I'd wager that you'll need to provide your PSVR's serial number to register it with the company before redeeming the camera adapter."
Everyday, until details are finally announced, I'm going to hope that the adapter has every port that PSVR needs to eliminate the breakout box. I'm sure the PS5 can handle everything that the breakout box does.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
Since Sackboy is a cross-gen game, will the Dualshock 4 be compatible?
I'd love to do co-op with my gf but don't really want to shell out for another controller that won't get used much

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Oh wow. Stray looks better than I ever could have imagined. Holy shit this game is my jam.
I know! I watched the trailer back in June and was "meh, it looks awesome but no gameplay" and start digging. Ended up with what I shared and rewatched the trailer with a new perspective. The teaser is almost 100% gameplay with only some camera work to make it more cinematic.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom

Same, I only have Demon's Souls and COD day one now.

I've tried the first Spider-Man but I just couldn't get into it for some reason. I might pickup Valhalla depending on reviews.

Nov 21, 2017
This FGO phenomenon under 'SONY' name is quite remarkable to see...
But gaming division with ForwardWorks was... 🤷

Yeah at this point I'm not sure why Sony even has ForwardWorks. They should just have Aniplex handle everything Mobile gaming related and if SIE is interested in doing any mobile game going forward, just partner up with Sony Music/Aniplex.

Oct 27, 2017
I have some small new info regarding "Sekiro needs a small patch to run at 60FPS on PS5 despite having an unlocked framerate (Series X doesn't need it)"

I asked Lance during his livestream about his tweet and PS5 boost mode.
He said he recieved new info about the Sekiro update and PS5 boost mode shortly after his tweet that showed him his tweet is no longer correct. That is why he deleted the tweet. He said he recieved info on about 20 different games using PS5 Boost mode and that he cannot talk about it, some games seem to be buggy using the boost mode.

Here's me asking him if he can elaborate on his Sekiro tweet:

and here I ask him if he has info on PS5 boost mode:

EDIT:

I saw that the 2nd twitch clip was cut short, here's Lance saying that some games are buggy in boost mode.

Last edited:

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I have some small new info regarding "Sekiro needs a small patch to run at 60FPS on PS5 despite having an unlocked framerate (Series X doesn't need it)"

He said he recieved new info about the Sekiro update and PS5 boost mode shortly after his tweet that showed him his tweet is no longer correct. That is why he deleted the tweet. He said he recieved info on about 20 different games using PS5 Boost mode and that he cannot talk about it, some games seem to be buggy using the boost mode.

That puts and end to that. Good stuff.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Interesting info, and I had wondered re: buggy games using the boost mode just because I'm paranoid over one of my beloved Yakuza games having issues. Though if boost mode can be disabled I'd assume that should fix any issues right up, though preventing the game from benefiting from boost mode enhancements. Makes me curious if MS BC would have a similar issue as well?

Oct 7, 2020
Italy

I spoke to Lance on his Discord server and he didn't seem to know that PS5 even had a boost mode. I remember Sony telling peope that boost mode coulc cause bugs on Pro too, but I never experienced them.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

Cool, I hope the embargo for BC ends soon.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Maybe I'm missing something but his response about boost mode doesn't imply there are any issues with how it works on certain games.

Is there further reasoning you came to that conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.