• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
So correct me if I'm wrong but these reflections in the PS3 are ray-traced right? They're clearly not screen space.

I just thought it was pretty neat and I haven't seen any discussion of ray-tracing in Astro's Playroom. Some people thought ray-tracing would be gimped on these consoles but between this and Miles, PS5 is making a pretty strong first impression.

Nothing in the foreground is being reflected.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Awaiting someone to check how Detroit runs on PS5.

I am a fan of the distant blur that used to be part of a few well known titles in the past that used it to obfuscate Object and LoD pop-in to great effect. It is done very well here. Anyone else a fan?

Of course! I had been wanting to do a giveaway for a bit, and hoped to have one for the PS5 launch, but had no idea how to go about it, and Queen Vulpix was super kind enough to set it up for me! So now it can also be a celebration of Tier 2 territories joining in on the launch!

Yea, you folks got the timing down for it. And QueenVulpix is a good human.

Oct 24, 2019
Just beat
Dragon God
in Demon's Souls.... man, what a shit boss lol. Great design but I hate that gimmicky bullshit. Felt like Bed of Chaos all over again

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017
notifications told me somebody beat my time in one of the time trials. one click and i'm in the time trial within seconds

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
zbin6gr16h061.jpg

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Tomb Raider I suppose might have some value if its rebooted well (aka don't write the game as atrocious as Rise's plot was) but then again Sony already has Uncharted so why bother.
To make a kickass Crossover Game of course.
Okay, I just wanted to thank everyone here for your kindness and I wish you all the best for your future ! It's such a great OT ! (Don't worry I'm fine, I'm just thankful today)
I agree ;) expect when it comes to acquisition talk because that can turn out a bit tiring rather soon.

Jan 4, 2018
I like how on PS5 the time played retroactively applies to PS4 games. There were some surprising totals in there that put things into perspective for me. Like, I know I played a lot of Bloodborne, but I didn't realize 95 hours.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I wonder if/how Next Gen prices will have an impact on Game sales as well as design. Something like Sackboy would have been sold for 40€ in the previous Gen by Sony and if a Game doesn't end up being a critical hit, sales could suffer more i imagine, which leads me to believe that Metacritic might end up even more important this Gen which could also lead to Game design getting even safer over the coming years.

That's obviously all hypothetical.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I just wanted to thank everyone here for your kindness and I wish you all the best for your future ! It's such a great OT ! (Don't worry I'm fine, I'm just thankful today)
And we're thankful that you're here :)
Gravity Rush 1 and 2 are amazing, and I'll never not be bitter that more gamers didn't give it a go, especially considering how refreshing it is compared to so many other games in the same genre released over the generation. It was a painful reminder that for all the clamoring we do for fun and fresh experiences, plenty still slip through the cracks.
That plus Okami and SotC. Heartbreaking.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Has anyone here played Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order on the PS5 yet?

How is the Framerate and especially the Loadtimes? Really wanna get to it at some point, but i didn't buy it on PS4 because of the bad performance and terrible load times.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The launch of this console is wild. I have never seen so much hype like this.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
About that, expect Sony to get a new studio soon. Very soon.

<3
if it's Bluepoint it's very very boring as far as hype goes because nothing new is on the Horizon...But in reality, they should really be working with the best talent in the industry, and Bluepoint is showing they are part of that group. I hope this is also Housemarquee big 4-5M seller as well, Returnal looks amazing in that clip from yesterday! Falls in line with how Jim Ryan answers questions about acquisitions. Organic and grass roots stuff etc...Only other studio they were that chummy with was Remedy but they just signed a deal.

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool
if it's Bluepoint it's very very boring as far as hype goes because nothing new is on the Horizon...But in reality, they should really be working with the best talent in the industry, and Bluepoint is showing they are part of that group. I hope this is also Housemarquee big 4-5M seller as well, Returnal looks amazing in that clip from yesterday!
If you knew what Bluepoint are on at the moment, you wouldn't say that. (Yeah, it's a hype post. Yeah, you'll have to wait before to know what it is.)

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
If you knew what Bluepoint are on at the moment, you wouldn't say that. (Yeah, it's a hype post. Yeah, you'll have to wait before to know what it is.)
hmmm...we'll see. Yeah, depending on the IP, it could be pretty exciting that's true. Even if we know what they are doing, we don't know specifics. Looking forward to it!

Seriously though, if someone doesn't do Bloodborne justice I"m gonna cry. it might not need the amazing BP treatment, but a port to PS5 (6-8) months of work would be very very very welcome. Come'on Sony!

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I would be very surprised if it's any studio other than Bluepoint at the moment. Housemarque would be another candidate, but I don't know Sony would try to buy them before Returnal's release (unless development is going incredibly well). OR, Sony is finally going to announce the new studio in San Diego.

Anyway, I bet the annoucement will be made in a random tweet.

Last edited:

COSMEFULANITO

Jun 9, 2020
I wonder if/how Next Gen prices will have an impact on Game sales as well as design. Something like Sackboy would have been sold for 40€ in the previous Gen by Sony and if a Game doesn't end up being a critical hit, sales could suffer more i imagine, which leads me to believe that Metacritic might end up even more important this Gen which could also lead to Game design getting even safer over the coming years.

That's obviously all hypothetical.

I browsed through all the black Friday sale and I am only buying Doom Eternal, it will be difficult for me to buy 70 dollar games

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Oh God, IGN is running with the "Sony's answer to Gamepass" story XD

How many work days do yall give Jim Ryan to give his "Our development model is not compatible.... bla bla bla... AAA blockbuster..... bla bla bla... The value that our..... bla bla bla.... we respect out competitor's approach... " speech to... Idk Fox Business (who knows anymore 😂)?

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm...we'll see. Yeah, depending on the IP, it could be pretty exciting that's true. Even if we know what they are doing, we don't know specifics. Looking forward to it!

Seriously though, if someone doesn't do Bloodborne justice I"m gonna cry. it might not need the amazing BP treatment, but a port to PS5 (6-8) months of work would be very very very welcome. Come'on Sony!
I just want Japan Studio to take a few weeks in the source code and unlock the framerate, correct the frame-pacing issues, and fix the related bugs Lance McDonald mentioned. If he managed to do all he did without source code access surely it would be trivial for an engineer who actually worked on the game. I just wish there was a way to make it apparent to Sony that so many people want this.

Status
Not open for further replies.