• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished Ghost of Tsushima on Lethal+ and some of the end duels were so satisfying to finish after having died a hundred times and the damn "Do you want to quit this mission?" screens. Loved this game, one of SCE's most fun games last gen and Sucker Punch's best since inFAMOUS 2.

Next game I'm playing is Tearaway Unfolded. I can't wait to be depressed because of how of how terribly the game sold.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Saw on reddit:
https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/nau...FoaUhtbtajPGqpIU-sgciAzLsOsObnpbUuBMUOukbTNXg
I was just reading this article published by Naughty Dog when I noticed something ... new.
The article referred to Vinit Agarwal and Richard Cambiere, who have worked as Lead Game Designers at ND for years, as Game Directors.
I checked their LinkedIn profiles (Vinit's, Richard's), and this promotion happened in September 2020 for both of them.
We saw something similar a few years ago when Kurt and Anthony were promoted to co-game directors. They then made The Last of Us Part 2.
Assuming Kurt and Anthony are working on another game as co-directors again, it is safe to assume that Vinit and Richard are now developing a completely new game with a new team.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I don't think ND has 2 teams, unless the Factions team is quite a bit smaller than a regular team which I suppose could be possible.
You see I think that factions team is actually the new SD team that's working closely with another first party studio. ND works on something new for PS5 while another smaller team chips away at a part II factions mode.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I hope Rockstars next Game is anything other than GTA, i'd take Agent, Bully even Red Dead 3 over that.

Maybe they can just straight up go to Agent 2 and pretend the first Game actually released for the PS3 but nobody noticed

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any idea how much PS5 has sold so far, in comparison to PS4 too, and how games like DeS and MM are doing?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Factions Team + New IP Team probably
im assuming Factions (given its a full fledged Multiplayer Game) will also need ongoing support and updates, so a second Mulitplayer Team doesn't sound far fetched.

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be really hard for any game this year to compete with Rift Apart visually.
img]

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Factions Team + New IP Team probably
im assuming Factions (given its a full fledged Multiplayer Game) will also need ongoing support and updates, so a second Mulitplayer Team doesn't sound far fetched.

They acknowledged the team making Tlou 2 MP as their Multiplayer team...

So maybe other ND devs are working with the new secret studio on their new ip with new directors? But the new studio is like 2 years old already. They wouldnt be developing/doing a pre production on a game from godlike studio as Naughty dog without directors right?

I suspect that Neil is taking a little break + tlou tv show...

Man I wish someone would chip in with somw insight knowledge of how is ND functioning right now and in near future.

There are 4 game directors, maybe 5 if there is one for Factions...

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I'll parrot something Blessing from Kinda Funny said. I would love to see Naughty Dog do a Mission: Impossible-type game. The set-pieces would be incredible. The stealth mechanics they've refined over the years would fit in well. Also, the plane sequence from Mission: Impossible- Rogue Nation was inspired by the plane sequence from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Now, if they did go this route, would you like to see them go original or get the rights to work on an Mission: Impossible branded video game?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'll parrot something Blessing from Kinda Funny said. I would love to see Naughty Dog do a Mission: Impossible-type game. The set-pieces would be incredible. The stealth mechanics they've refined over the years would fit in well. Also, the plane sequence from Mission: Impossible- Rogue Nation was inspired by the plane sequence from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Now, if they did go this route, would you like to see them go original or get the rights to work on an Mission: Impossible branded video game?
OMG.
Now I want that game. I love the movies.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
This sort of idea sounds more and more appealing to me as I begin to remember how badass a lot of those mission impossible movies are, some really cool ideas.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see more Horizon Forbidden West. I'm super worried that it will be more of the same rather than being more ambitious, but we will see!

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait to see more Horizon Forbidden West. I'm super worried that it will be more of the same rather than being more ambitious, but we will see!

I really hope they will make the open world better, also revamping the melee combat and making the whole combat system a lot more enjoyable

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
I'd be more down with that than some Mass Effect clone some want them to make.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how bold that is with horizon being cross gen, plus they will look completely different won't be the easiest comparison.
I believe some planets in R&C will be flora and fauna heavy so I guess we can compare there lol

Also the cross gen stuff is why I did the "bold" prediction. Still I believe Insomniac isn't going to hold back with Rift Apart. When the remake came out I remember people where impressed about it too at the time.

Yup, once it was announced as cross-gen my hype went down a lot, though I'm hoping the next showing will change that.
For me it went from revolutionary gameplay like flying mounts and crazy SSD stuff to how they are going to polish and add to the gameplay, things they learnt to add, things they learnt to fix, more climbing, etc...

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently it was deleted? I can't find, it was on that Gaming Leaks or something reddit.
But here, Vinit Agarwal's and Richard Cambiere's Linkedins, they really were promoted to Game Directors.
Vinit Agarwal Co-Game Director at Naughty Dog
Richard Cambier Game Director at Naughty Dog

Very nice catch here, two new game directors emerging is a big deal.

For those who like multiplayer, Vinit Agarwal is primarily a multiplayer designer. He worked on Uncharted 4 multiplayer and even signed some blog posts about the survival mode back in 2016.

As for Richard Cambier, he was promoted lead designer with Emilia Schatz in March 2018. That's when ND promoted Neil Druckmann to vice-president and the Newmann/Margenau pair as co-game directors.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I keep thinking about what they could've done with the SSD that the PS4 can't...
For me it went from revolutionary gameplay like flying mounts and crazy SSD stuff to how they are going to polish and add to the gameplay, things they learnt to add, things they learnt to fix, more climbing, etc...

I already gave up on flying mounts but I hope we can at least ride combat class machines this time, like the Ravager.

Taking his weapon to fight another machines was fun, but being able to use it while riding and commanding it would be awesome.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So is Returnal basically a pretty version of risk of rain 2? If so, my hype just went way up

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
When are we expecting Rift Apart? I know they said launch window which is a pretty vague term. Certainly before June?

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
This could be a franchise that kinda scratches that Uncharted itch. Something inspired by Mission Impossible and James Bond.

But I assume they'll do something very different than UC and TLOU. Something in space maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.