• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Man BluePoint is going to be busy for awhile lol.

I'd like to tell you but don't know in detail about that. Would be interesting, tho. I suppose, based on what Dusk said, Konami was seeking for a dev for Silent Hill and Sony probably proposed themselves and then got into detail to negociate other IPs.
Thank you very much. Your insights was informative.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
(s) for MGS?

Is it more then just the first game? Is it being made simultaneously or is it some long term release plan to get through each game and release them separately?
Long term, as you've said.
I really don't know how MGS2 would be received today. It's been a long time since I played it, but I remember it being one of the most cutscene heavy games I've ever played lol. Not sure how modern audiences would react to a game with like 4 hours of gameplay and 6 hours of cutscenes lol.

Also, as much as I loved the MGS games as a kid, I really don't think a remake is necessary. I get remaking the first game, but beyond that, I'd be really disappointed if Bluepoint is just stuck on remaking one series for the entire gen. I'd be much, much more interested in them remaking something else and/or making a new IP (preferably a WRPG).

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Square announcements are piling up. We're getting XIV's next expansion's reveal next month and VIIR PS5 & Life is Strange 3 should be soon after.

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice to have at least good ports of the MGS games on PS5. Pretty sad that the collection is stuck on PS3 (BC matters). I would assume a Bluepoint remake of MGS would be a similar visual overhaul like Demon's Souls but mechanically the same so that sounds good too if true. I do hope for Marsipan's sake that it's happening. Harassing him for privately over this is really ridiculous, no matter if the rumor ends up being true or not.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
A MGS remake in the lines of RE2 remake could be huge if well done. Keep it 'grounded'. However i wonder how would BP handle such remake, because so far they basically keep everything as it was, minus the visuals. So making a 'fixed' camera with 'tank controls' game in 2021 seems unlikely.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Did something new happen with BP?

Sony should acquire BluePoint before Konami gets any ideas. 😂
That's one way of getting me to hate Konami. 😡

Square announcements are piling up. We're getting XIV's next expansion's reveal next month and VIIR PS5 & Life is Strange 3 should be soon after.
👀
Any word on more DQ (4+5+6)collections?
Remakes are good and all but the guys at Bluepoint deserve big budget for brand new IP.
New ip aren't easy to establish. I'd like to see them do a DS sequel before jumping onto something entirely new.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
FFVII Remake PS5 better offer me another platinum trophy if it is gonna cost me another £60.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Long term, as you've said.

This seems like such a monumentally silly waste of talent, energy and money that I honestly can't see Sony doing it. Bluepoint already DID remasters of 2, 3 and Peace Walker, why remake them again?

There's no future for Metal Gear. Kojima is done with it. Why invest so heavily in a dead franchise?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
BluePoint was already purchased in March 2016! Sony is waiting to announce it YOU WILL ALL SEE also I am leaving.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Jokes aside that is an entire generation of BP being invested in MetalGear.

Who knows how many of their games they are remaking? They will be likely occupied for awhile.

Well at least we got Demon's Souls out of them before that.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
For what it's worth I think this one is a lot more interesting than 2, at least for me. It also won't be called 3 but will have a subtitle that kinda spoils the gimmick. :p
I know there is a Comic, but i would probably only be interested if the Protagonists are Chloe and Max again, i don't really think there is much more that Dontnod could do to make me interested, because i don't think they write particular great stories.
Thank you for going a bit more in depth about the Game. :)

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool
I mean, I'm just being realistic. There's no logic behind spending multiple years remaking a bunch of Metal Gear games, most of which already have perfectly playable remakes available at this time.
Imagine the logic, for a huge company in the video game industry to remake one of the most successful and most known franchise which brought a lot of money to Konami. Now you have your answer. You won't be surprised that a ton of people are asking for these remakes.

Plus it's an exclusive and will sell a lot of PS5 probably.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I mean, I'm just being realistic. There's no logic behind spending multiple years remaking a bunch of Metal Gear games, most of which already have perfectly playable remakes available at this time.

Before you even start this argument, you should at least know the difference between remake and remaster.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I bet they could make all the money they spend on Konami back by selling super rare yet to be sold Yu Gi Oh Cards indivdually on Ebay.
th

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Imagine the logic, for a huge company in the video game industry to remake one of the most successful and most known franchise which brought a lot of money to Konami. Now you have your answer. You won't be surprised that a ton of people are asking for these remakes.

Plus it's an exclusive and will sell a lot of PS5 probably.

Bluepoint should ideally be allowed to create a new IP on their own. Its a bummer because they have had their hands dirty remaking games from so many different genres.. Imaging the amount of game design ideas they have studied while remaking these games. They could really apply all of these learnings across different genres in a new IP. As much as I love MGS the idea of them remaking games for this entire PS5 gen seems like a bit of a bummer.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool
Bluepoint should ideally be allowed to create a new IP on their own. Its a bummer because they have had their hands dirty remaking games from so many different genres.. Imaging the amount of game design ideas they have studied while remaking these games. They could really apply all of these learnings across different genres in a new IP. As much as I love MGS the idea of them remaking games for this entire PS5 gen seems like a bit of a bummer.
Imo, the studio will grow organically thanks to Sony's money and start developping 2 games at the same time. But that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.