• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
What are the odds we see a revival of SOCOM on PS5. Tactical shooters are as big as ever with Siege, CS:GO, and Valorant. I just hope Sony realizes that and tries to make another push with the series.
Socom Confrontation online had the highest engagement of all Sony exclusive online enabled games on the ps3 before the servers got shut down. I can only imagine what mtx and seasonal updates would have done for the title

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Any idea when we should be getting those announcements? (I mean, VIIR for PS5, LiS 3 and stuff).

Thing is, talking "when" is tricky due to the current circumstances. Games that were targeting this quarter for release as late as last summer didn't even get trailers since. So I can never be too sure about when something is announced/released.

With that said, I believe we're getting these announcement sometime in February. I just can't be 100% sure about it.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, talking "when" is tricky due to the current circumstances. Games that were targeting this quarter for release as late as last summer didn't even get trailers since. So I can never be too sure about when something is announced/released.

With that said, I believe we're getting these announcement sometime in February. I just can't be 100% sure about it.

Oh nice, thanks. Maybe they are only announcing after the XIV 6.0 event.

JoueurN1

May 15, 2020

Is there any chance that you know when Sony will be speaking about Horizon FW and GOW? 😅

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop on PS stuff but I come in here and I see:
- Silent Hill PS exclusive
- MGS remake by Bluepoint PS exclusive
- FF7R PS5

Is this stuff legit? If so, any word on when it will be announced?

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
Max cameo in LiS3, believe.
saving arcadia bay is canon
No let saving Chloe be the canon! I know it's horrible to have the whole Arcadia destroyed but I love Chloe so much as a character and they are an amazing duo!

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I see Silent Hill and MGS rumors are back again

SpectacularSadAddax-size_restricted.gif

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Tried Maneater. I don't hate it, but it's not for me.

Also, I couldn't feel ANY adaptive trigger stuff. Was very confused, because I heard there was some.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Hella late to this, but if people are worried about exclusives gatekeeping, Sony licensed Crash Bandicoot and Spyro on PS1 and those games didn't get ported until like the PS4 remakes.

As long as the games are exclusive to PS5 during a good period of time, that's all that Sony cares about it. Hell, even Horizon Zero Dawn made its way to the PC 3 years later, at the end of the generation. This is good from a game conservation angle as well. Look at titles like MGS4, stuck on the PS3 forever, unless you play it through PS Now. Only a matter of time until PS3 BC support is canned as more remakes/ports come through.

MGS remakes would be a net positive, especially if Bluepoint are acquired. The only way Microsoft/Nintendo can crash the party is by buying out Konami which is unlikely. That Silent Hill game by Japan Studio following the recent exodus sounds off, but who knows at this point. Whatever happens, happens.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gavin would like to make a sequel to Puppeteer. Too bad it's probably never happening.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Navtra KatharsisT I have a lot of questions but I am sure you are already giving us everything you think is ok to know. Huge thanks to you! We have been waiting for some rumors/insider info for some time now. Really appreciate this.
Seconded! Finally some heat around here
So.

- Silent Hill by Japan Studio is (still) real
- Sony is acquiring Bluepoint and they'll work on multiple Metal Gear Remakes
- There's a PS5 version of FFVII Remake
- Life Is Strange 3 will be announced this year

It may be the day with the most "news" since the PS5 Showcase in September.
Literally! I feel like we are back in 2015!!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Gavin would like to make a sequel to Puppeteer. Too bad it's probably never happening.

Terrible timing for that game's release. It should have been a cross-gen title for PS4's launch.

It's also not fun to replay the game, though, because looking back it was way too cutscene-heavy. Such a cool game, though. I really liked it.

Nov 2, 2017
Hard to get hyped for ps5 stuff lately since I don't have one but man I hope I can get one soon.

Today's insider info continues to fuel my want for one

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

Make the thread. 'Gavin Moore wants to make Puppeteer 2.' Then we can all rally behind the cause and make the dream become reality.

Terrible timing for that game's release. It should have been a cross-gen title for PS4's launch.

It's also not fun to replay the game, though, because looking back it was way too cutscene-heavy. Such a cool game, though. I really liked it.

No joke, Sony also released it the same week as GTAV. Poor game never stood a chance.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
If these rumors are actually true or not, time will tell obviously. But to me it seems extremely absurd that Sony would buy a developer for them to work on IPs that aren't their own.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Pretty sure the last Resident Evil sold as much as the entirety of the Silent Hill franchise.
There is no reason to expect a Silent Hill game will sell anywhere as much as a Resident Evil title.

So Japan Studio is making Silent Hill. But Toyama, who created Silent Hill, and was employed at Sony until recently, decided to leave Japan Studio before the rebirth of his franchise was completed let alone announced, to start his own studio...?
RE3 Remake sold barely 3 millon copies so far, so you would be wrong about that.

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
Dude give anything by Bluepoint at this point. That studio is aces. The only Metal Gear game I've ever played was Metal Gear Solid GBA so I'd be interested in playing at least a remake of the first one.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I played a little bit of OnRush since it was on sale and i think i am done with that lol.
The sense of speed is pretty good and i was always really intrigued about the concept of a Team Based "Racing" Game, but the execution is pretty bad tbh. There is no synergy in what you do with your team, you can drive perfectly and still lose, or fuck up all the time and still win.

The ways you can get crashed by your opponents never really feels like you do something wrong but instead like you're unlucky. The amounts of time i died because someone randomly jumped on me are so bullshit.
Motorstorm was more my jam and out of those i only liked Pacific Rift.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I played a little bit of OnRush since it was on sale and i think i am done with that lol.
The sense of speed is pretty good and i was always really intrigued about the concept of a Team Based "Racing" Game, but the execution is pretty bad tbh. There is no synergy in what you do with your team, you can drive perfectly and still lose, or fuck up all the time and still win.

The ways you can get crashed by your opponents never really feels like you do something wrong but instead like you're unlucky. The amounts of time i died because someone randomly jumped on me are so bullshit.
Motorstorm was more my jam and out of those i only liked Pacific Rift.
Yup, same. Very disappointed. The game is mechanically sound, but it wasn't the right game to make.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If these rumors are actually true or not, time will tell obviously. But to me it seems extremely absurd that Sony would buy a developer for them to work on IPs that aren't their own.

Much less to work on a bunch of remakes in a row of an IP they don't own. Like it would be one thing if it was just one remake. Absurd, but not impossible.

The idea Sony would BUY Bluepoint and then go "OK now spend ten years remaking the entire MGS series" is absolutely asinine to the highest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.