• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I can't believe Dreams hasn't been put on PS + or got any port to pc yet. This game should have been one of the free play at home games just to get a large enough user base in there, making stuff.

Crossing fingers for some good news this week, games, firmware, BC, anything.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe Dreams hasn't been put on PS + or got any port to pc yet. This game should have been one of the free play at home games just to get a large enough user base in there, making stuff.

Crossing fingers for some good news this week, games, firmware, BC, anything.

Media Molecule isn't a huge team and porting Dreams to PC takes a LOT more effort than a normal game port due to the nature of what Dreams is. Things take time.

Anyways, if the rest of the 4chan leak is true then Dreams will be on PS Plus in May, exposing it to about 50 million subscribers.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just gonna once again throw some doubt on that 4chan image. I've been explicitly told that April is not correct. Navtra has obviously been told differently. Wait and see I guess.

DinkyBox

Feb 21, 2021
The PS+ leak is fake. And april is not right either. People saying it is right have heard wrong from their sources.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Unpopular opinion time: Sony and MM can do with Dreams whatever they want, but unless there's a way for people to monetize their creations it won't matter. Sure there might be a few diehard creators making stuff even though they earn exactly $0 from it, but I wouldn't expect that to change even with a PC and/or f2p release. It's simply unreasonable to expect people to spend hundreds of hours working on something with no financial incentive.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I'm just gonna once again throw some doubt on that 4chan image. I've been explicitly told that April is not correct. Navtra has obviously been told differently. Wait and see I guess.
If what you have been told is true, then the April game is most likely gonna be RE 7 from the PS+ collection since Village is coming up.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Any chance you're both somehow right and maybe there's more games than what's in that post?

I've been told that Oddworld is right (which we all already know, Sony announced that a month ago themselves) and that the other two games are not correct.

I know something about the other games (but not what they actually are) and my info doesn't line up with A Hat In Time or Captain Tsubasa at all.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Unpopular opinion time: Sony and MM can do with Dreams whatever they want, but unless there's a way for people to monetize their creations it won't matter. Sure there might be a few diehard creators making stuff even though they earn exactly $0 from it, but I wouldn't expect that to change even with a PC and/or f2p release. It's simply unreasonable to expect people to spend hundreds of hours working on something with no financial incentive.
I think the key thing is exposure. On Playstation you're limited to the PS peripherals but you get a mouse and keyboard on that and suddenly everything becomes alot easier.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think Monster Hunter World PS4 also makes some sense to slap on PS+ due to the hype for Monster Hunter Rise, if it is something "available" via PS Collection.

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I've been told that Oddworld is right (which we all already know, Sony announced that a month ago themselves) and that the other two games are not correct.

I know something about the other games (but not what they actually are) and my info doesn't line up with A Hat In Time or Captain Tsubasa at all.
What do you know about the other games?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Interesting. Well, wait and see I suppose.

Anyone know, are we supposed to get the April Plus games announced this week or next week?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
OK turns out I got some wires crossed and the list is actually fake. Sorry for that. Will try to be more careful with what I report in the future.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Someone elsewhere said that it could be Persona 5 Royal, technically people already have Persona 5.

Would love this. Haven't got around to buying Royal yet. Loved the shit out of P5 at release.

Will echo again that I don't know specifics at all about April outside of that list being wrong.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Then my humble guess:

-Oddworld (PS5 only)
-Sekiro
-One of the games from PS5 PS collection but for PS4 users (MHW, Persona 5, REVII, etc.)

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Ghostcrew said that his source said that PS5 users already have one of the April games so he assumed this game is in the PS+ Collection.
Someone elsewhere said that it could be Persona 5 Royal, technically people already have Persona 5.

Royale would be nice!

OK turns out I got some wires crossed and the list is actually fake. Sorry for that. Will try to be more careful with what I report in the future.

All good, thanks for the clarification.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
If there is a game in the Collection that's being added to Plus, then i'd expect it to be an enhanced version since they'd still want to make the addition be attractive to PS5 owners. So something like P5 Royal, RE7 Gold or MHW Master Edition.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I dont get having a game from the PS+ collection in the regular PS+ lineup, a lot of those that are engaged in the free games are early adopters of the PS5 consoles as well.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

There are several Skyrim mods that took years and were made for free for the players, it's not unresonable.

Like this

store.steampowered.com

Enderal: Forgotten Stories on Steam

Enderal: Forgotten Stories is a total conversion mod for Skyrim that is set in its own world with its own lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
There are several Skyrim mods that took years and were made for free for the players, it's not unresonable.

Like this

store.steampowered.com

Enderal: Forgotten Stories on Steam

Enderal: Forgotten Stories is a total conversion mod for Skyrim that is set in its own world with its own lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.
Well sure, but mod creation is in a similar niche that dreams is currently in, and is why dreams doesnt succeed in its current state (at least nearly to the extent of its potential).

Sure you have some very active and awesome creators, but you end up pushing a lot of potential amazing creators away because they just ask "why wouldnt i use this time to just learn UE4 instead?" (I have seen such a sentiment from a bunch of creators), which is why I think that dreams shouldnt stand as an "lesser gain competition to UE4" but rather a complementary app to it, push dreams as a prototype software and figure out how to export basically anything that you can create in dreams into useable imports in other software, like other game engines. For example, Dreams's approach to gamifying game creation could really help creators with simplifying creation of mechanics by hiding a lot of complexities in a 'black box', but then you can export that mechanic and its code into a useable C++ format that gets imported into UE4.

Suddenly Dreams isnt a competition to UE4, but just a very easy way for people to get a head start in the game that they are creating and being able to commericialize it as well.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else's PS5 just decide it needs an update for a game when you launch it?

Like, why not do it beforehand?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Media Molecule have said they're looking at monetization options and the ability for creators to export their creations to sell on PSN.

Dunno what their last update on the subject was though.

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I dont get having a game from the PS+ collection in the regular PS+ lineup, a lot of those that are engaged in the free games are early adopters of the PS5 consoles as well.
Kind of makes sense if it's a upgraded edition like P5 Royale. I haven't played Persona 5 even though I got it for free because I know a better version exists out there. Plus there were rumours of it coming to game pass so it might actually be Persona.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Kind of makes sense if it's a upgraded edition like P5 Royale. I haven't played Persona 5 even though I got it for free because I know a better version exists out there. Plus there were rumours of it coming to game pass so it might actually be Persona.
persona 5 royal i get because those are different games, but the exact same game like MHW? that would just be odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.