• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
I believe you can expect at least one more major FF announcement in addition to updates on the currently announced stuff (XVI/Endwalker/VIIR).

It should be a good E3 season for Square overall.
I don't know their exact E3 schedule, but I'm guessing based on knowledge of what games they have in development, how far in they are, and their target release dates. So take it with a grain of salt.

I believe we're getting two major SE reveals this June: A PS5 exclusive FF title, and a cross-gen Eidos title.

From the Final Fantasy XVI thread.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
Jimbo and his checks to square
wow.png

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
FFXVII, send it.

I'm going for Square trying to return to the golden age of Final Fantasy, multiple titles in development concurrently in order to have a numbered entry into the Final Fantasy series every year or two or three. Hamaguchi and BD1 doing the FFVIIR project, Ito and BD2 doing the unannounced FFXVII, Takai and BD3 doing FFXVI. A new-ish generation of directors taking on the Final Fantasy brand with the oversight from the committee of members who are charged with protection of the franchise, led by Kitase.

I know I'm setting myself up for a fall here, but there's only one of those things that are not currently confirmed!

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
From the Final Fantasy XVI thread.
Curious to what that could be. Is it like Tactics, Dissidia, Remake (not VII) or World of Final Fantasy?

I would cry of joy if it was a remake of IX!!! If not a remake then maybe a high budget spin-off like Versus XIII was suppose to be.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
FFTactics 2.
It has to be it.
Has to be.

Jimbo is about to get the biggest JRPG street credit of all time.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I'm really at a loss for what a new, Playstation exclusive, FF game could be at this point. FF14 is firing on all cylinders, Remake Intergrade is coming soon and we're still waiting on part 2, and then 16 is announced already.

It'd have to be some kind of spin-off or remake I guess? Now I'll just sit here and drool about the idea of FF1-6 remakes in the engine they used for Octopath traveler.

RaySpace

Banned
May 9, 2021
I'm really at a loss for what a new, Playstation exclusive, FF game could be at this point. FF14 is firing on all cylinders, Remake Intergrade is coming soon and we're still waiting on part 2, and then 16 is announced already.

It'd have to be some kind of spin-off or remake I guess? Now I'll just sit here and drool about the idea of FF1-6 remakes in the engine they used for Octopath traveler.
Would Sony pay for the PS5 exclusivity of such a project tho?

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019
What is happening here ?

Is another unannounced Final Fantasy in the works and exclusively for PS5? If so, who is the person saying this? What proves its reliability above all?

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
My favorite FF being remade!! See my profile picture.....Final fantasy 12

I wouldnt mind some of the older titles being remade as 1-6 i never had the chance to play.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna guess it's an outsourced Final Fantasy Spin-off like Dissida, World of Final Fantasy or a Musou game, cause I can't imagine Square Enix has any room left to develop another Final Fantasy on top of FF16, Forspoken, FF7 Remake Part 2, and I assume pre-production for the next Kingdom Hearts game.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
It has to be FFVII Remake part 2. There is the assumption it will be multiplaform as its possible Intergrade will be out of PC and Xbox December or January.

There is no point keeping it a secret, we know it exists and a teaser trailer just to confirm it would be nice.

The Eidos title might be Tomb Raider.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
It has to be FFVII Remake part 2. There is the assumption it will be multiplaform as its possible Intergrade will be out of PC and Xbox December or January.

There is no point keeping it a secret, we know it exists and a teaser trailer just to confirm it would be nice.

The Eidos title might be Tomb Raider.

Navtra said it isn't related to Remake.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Sony might have a good E3 without even being there.

I'm sure there will be a lot of games with the "running on PS5 in real time" sentence.
And those games will also might have some playstation deals, like a little add-on.

I believe the time exclusives/exclusives will be shown in the sony showcase after E3.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
They said updates to VIIR on the page before and intergrade will likely be out by the time of square's conference (the last intergrade trailer was also called "final trailer") so I don't think its 7R-2 as I think they're implying that it'll be there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.