• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaySpace

Banned
May 9, 2021
I think this new FF game may helmed by Hiroyuki Ito (Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XII) as we haven't heard from him in a long, long while.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
My bet is on FFVIIR Part 2, then.
Yeah maybe just a teaser for Part 2 ?
Navtra said they were making an assumption based on what projects they know are being worked on and what status their development is. To me that suggests not VIIR part 2, it suggests something thats been in development for a while and is coming up soon.

My bet is a Nier Replicant style Final Fantasy XIII remaster with additional content. We know that SE was involved with Virtuous on FFXIII in some way back at the end of 2019.

Edit: Here we go.
I'm guessing based on knowledge of what games they have in development, how far in they are, and their target release dates.
To me that doesn't sound like a game several years away.

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019
I take this because it is about Navtra Didn't she also say that GOW2 would not be cross-gen and that Horizon 2 was initially a PS4 game? It's correct?

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Kyo Kusanagi of KOF + Chuji Wu of Tobal No. 1.

E16R4FYXIAELGHH

10 minutes gameplay shoot-em-up.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
It is clear that Sony really wants Final Fantasy to be identified with PlayStation (and viceversa) like in the PS1/PS2 days. I think Jim Ryan will keep investing in the third party franchises (with marketing/exclusive deals) that played a big part in PlayStation popularity around the world.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm really at a loss for what a new, Playstation exclusive, FF game could be at this point. FF14 is firing on all cylinders, Remake Intergrade is coming soon and we're still waiting on part 2, and then 16 is announced already.

It'd have to be some kind of spin-off or remake I guess? Now I'll just sit here and drool about the idea of FF1-6 remakes in the engine they used for Octopath traveler.
FF 11 Offline remastered

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It is clear that Sony really wants Final Fantasy to be identified with PlayStation (and viceversa) like in the PS1/PS2 days. I think Jim Ryan will keep investing in the third party franchises (with marketing/exclusive deals) that played a big part in PlayStation popularity around the world.

Yeah... I really dislike this strategy though. They should make a first party JRPG :/

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I think your conclusion is spot on but your reading of it is a little off. Navtra specifically said it's an FF title that ISN'T Endwalker, Remake, or XVI. They also insinuated that they believe that this E3 will have updates on all 3 of those + this new title. I don't think their development status (or the dev status of 7R-2 specifically) is all that relevant here

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
My bet is a Nier Replicant style Final Fantasy XIII remaster with additional content. We know that SE was involved with Virtuous on FFXIII in some way back at the end of 2019.
They had SteamDB depots for all of the XIII trilogy (like here for LR for example https://steamdb.info/app/345350/depots/) so im not sure if they'd do that AND remaster the rest of the trilogy.

You're right though that it doesn't seem far off by the hints, so a remaster or an outsourced spin-off seems likely to me.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty sure SE and Sony have seen my thread. Wonder if they will credit me on the back of the box 🥴
www.resetera.com

#ReleaseTheNomuraCut - The time has come for Final Fantasy Versus XV

That’s right. The time has come. While not horrible, we all know FFXV is compromised version of what Nomura wanted to show and tell with FFvsXIII. What we got was not the vision of Noctis’ struggle Nomura envisioned. We did not get Stella in her full glory. Not as dark. Not as tragic. Not as...

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Expectations on what Navtra's hinting at: Something small in scale like World of Final Fantasy.

What I hope it is: FF17, returning to a modern setting, with the announcement that FF games will now alternate between fantasy and sci fi with each game and release on a regular basis.

What the dream is: Ivalice MMO.

What it will be: FF15-2 The Dark World.

RaySpace

Banned
May 9, 2021
I don't think FFVIIR2 is several years away, that's why they call Yuffie Episode Intermission.

We'll see.
Covid tanked videogame development in Japan last year - and that was acknowledged by Square Enix's CEO during an interview.

Plus, it has only been a year since VIIR came out, so the sequel is still two to three years away, minimum.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Expectations on what Navtra's hinting at: Something small in scale like World of Final Fantasy.

What I hope it is: FF17, returning to a modern setting, with the announcement that FF games will now alternate between fantasy and sci fi with each game and release on a regular basis.

I just can't see something small being described as a "major reveal that is a PS5 exclusive" by her.

camac002

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes on here I see people mentioning a possible Remedy exclusive game. Has there been any real evidence for this other than Shuhei visiting some years ago?

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Can't even joke about it being a Final Fantasy Battle Royale because that is already an actual thing.

What about Final Fantasy Kart?

I think your conclusion is spot on but your reading of it is a little off. Navtra specifically said it's an FF title that ISN'T Endwalker, Remake, or XVI. They also insinuated that they believe that this E3 will have updates on all 3 of those + this new title. I don't think their development status (or the dev status of 7R-2 specifically) is all that relevant here

This is how I read it too. This new title is not related to any of the previously announced titles - so something completely new. With more on the mentioned titles in the works.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Covid tanked videogame development in Japan last year - and that was acknowledged by Square Enix's CEO during an interview.

Plus, it has only been a year since VIIR came out, so the sequel is still two to three years away, minimum.

Yeah but recently Nomura said that he's eager to talk about it and Kitase stopped him from doing so, maybe they have something to show.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Has there been any confirmation about when Sony will have their show? I'm really looking forward to see what's coming in the next few months.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

In the case of WoFF, it was cross-gen of sorts (PS4/Vita). So, I think if they're willing to make this game fully PS5 exclusive, then it either means that it's still bit far from release or it's big enough that they know it's going to sell well even while the PS5 is building up its userbase.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Just to set expectations: It's something new. Not as high-end as FFXVI or Forespoken but certainly more significant than World of FF or a remaster. Conceptually, I think it might be up many people' alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.