• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Now we just sit back and wait for Insomniac to release Spider-Man 2 and a Sunset Overdrive remaster in 2022

(I fucking hope)

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Damn really had to think about all the stuff that is coming out this week alone, plus what's come out in the last 12 months. Thats alot of food on the plate.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Ratchet, Returnal, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, LBP, Astro... all great games in the first year. If Forbidden West makes it this year, then that has to be the best PS launch year in terms of exclusives right?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
hehe time to preload Ratchet. Waiting for reviews was a formality and now it's time to commit.

Sony's having a crazy year in my eyes, in spite of the pandemic

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Sony better be throwing money at Insomniac. This guys deserve to do anything they want.

(Imagine a new Resistance with current visuals 👀)
It's quite funny really. $229m for Insomniac. Absolute steal and possibly the best purchase any publisher has ever really made. It's a shame they couldn't make their original IP take off more to drive the price up a little more.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Insomniac really dropped 2 absolute bangers within 6 months of one another.

At $229 million, Sony got the steal of the century.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ratchet, Returnal, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, LBP, Astro... all great games in the first year. If Forbidden West makes it this year, then that has to be the best PS launch year in terms of exclusives right?
Yup. PS2 really got going in 2001, so its more like the tail end of year 1/start of year 2 where it really got going for that console. PS3 and 4... not even close. I honestly would have to check what the PS1 even had in its first year.

Helps that in addition to an excellent line up, the patches and enhanced BC have led to no shortage of games to play. I've definitely never been quite this spoiled by the first year of a consoles life. Even non exclusives have been pretty great for the console - RE8, Guilty Gear Strive, the upcoming Judge Eyes sequel (ok, not out but I can already guess its gonna rock)... now cue a thread about someones PS5 gathering dust ;)

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I'm really happy for Insomniac and obviously for us, too. More great games to play on PS5.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Ratchet & Clank
FF7 Intergrade
Guilty Gear

All in one week

tenor.gif
Pretty loaded week indeed.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Need to play Ratchet 2016 IMMEDIATELY
After that, Rift Apart will be MINE, at full price
Insomniac DA GAWDS, Spider-Man 2 announcement will be an event

Would love it if they could fit a Sunset Overdrive remaster in between

madmisterf

Oct 26, 2017
Ratchet looks incredible, what the hell is Spider-Man 2 going to look like? I kind of hope Naughty Dog reveal their first PS5 only game too early just so we get a glimpse of what games will look like mid-gen.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hopefully when I can get my hands on a PS5 (probably in 2022 or 2023 lol) all of these great games would be cheap or free on PS+ lol

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I figure someone in here will know the answer to this:

I own FF7R PS4 version and have a PS5. I went to to look up Intergrade on the PS Store and it says not available to purchase. How do I go about upgrading to the PS5 version of FF7R and getting the DLC?

I've already uploaded my save from the PS4 version as well.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017

I own FF7R PS4 version and have a PS5. I went to to look up Intergrade on the PS Store and it says not available to purchase. How do I go about upgrading to the PS5 version of FF7R and getting the DLC?

The upgrade version isn't live yet. I know it's weird because you can pre-order Intergrade, but the PS5 upgrade is separate and presumably only going live on the 10th, so there's no way to currently pre-load it.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017

The DLC won't be available for purchase until launch.

The game itself will say unavailable until launch, then you'll get the download option.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020

Wait until release date. When Intergrade is release then we will probably be able to upgrade to the PS5 version. The DLC will be sold seperate so also wait until release.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
The upgrade version isn't live yet. I know it's weird because you can pre-order Intergrade, but the PS5 upgrade is separate and presumably only going live on the 10th, so there's no way to currently pre-load it.
The DLC won't be available for purchase until launch.

The game itself will say unavailable until launch, then you'll get the download option.
Wait until release date. When Intergrade is release then we will probably be able to upgrade to the PS5 version. The DLC will be sold seperate so also wait until release.
Thank you, everyone! I thought the pre-load for the upgrade and intergrade was today. Got very confused with this whole upgrade and DLC situation. I appreciate the help

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It's fucking insane how good it looks (just watched the Digital Foundry tech review). Like holy shit.

It's gonna be a happy time whenever I get to play it. Insomniac is damn amazing.

tmac456

May 27, 2020
Remember all the concern that there weren't hype tweets about Ratchet? Insomniac delivers yet again. Cannot wait to play on Friday

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
So happy for Insomniac, game looks incredible!

Ratchet and Guilty Gear both at 89 currently I'm happy for both. Add in FF7 Intergrade this weeks going to be great for so many.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I want to hear your all's theory on why Insomniac never makes games that get into the 90s on Metacritic (technically they did 17 years ago, but I mean). We can all agree they're an amazing studio - maybe overall Sony's best - and their level of output is unmatched, so I'm curious what you all think is the reason.

I think there's two reasons. One is, they never change up their long-running series in any dramatic way and, in a similar vein, their games never feel like "woah, never played anything like this before." Like, Uncharted 2 did so much to improve on the formula in Uncharted 1. Uncharted 4 felt different, too. More serious storytelling tone, more open areas, fleshed out stealth mechanics, etc. God of War PS4, I mean, what else can I say there. Nintendo famously does this, too. They don't fit into my second reason at all, but they're all about making changes to never make a series feel samey.

And two, their storytelling, while fun and never remotely bad, never quite reaches the heights of Santa Monica or Naughty Dog. Spider-Man is the best they've ever done, and it was good, but I wouldn't put it in the higher class of game storytelling. It's like a very solid comic story. If they were in a slightly different class on either of those two, I think a game like R&C Rift Apart could have easily been in the 90s.

Of course, none of this matters all that much, because I'm just so glad Insomniac is a studio that exists, and it's such a huge get for Sony. I can't get over how good they are. It's just an interesting thought to me, that despite how incredibly solid they are, they never reach those Naughty Dog heights.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
So happy for Ratchet and Clank (and Rivet too).
I'm so glad to see one of my favorite franchise being better than ever.
I hope it sells a fuckton too.

Status
Not open for further replies.