• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Just Life is Strange true Colours for me. Love the look of that since it's first trailer. Gorgeous and still kind of original.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
People keep overlooking this and it's driving me nuts. They should be glad we're having an "E3" in the first place.

This might be the last E3 ever. Especially if Sony drops an event that by itself generates more engagement than all the other conferences combined (excluding Nintendo). And if that does happen, Nintendo is not coming back.

My prediction is Summer Game Fest is here to stay, E3 fades into obscurity, and all the big publishers target early summer as their hype month moving forward, but on their own timelines.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Looks like Xbox's show was very solid (based on Geoff's Twitter grade poll, haha), with a solid 43% giving it an A. Can't quite reach the PlayStation Showcase grade, with a whopping 63% giving it an A (and yes, I know these polls are arbitrary, they're just a fun snapshot at how some of the public reacted to these things). The Future of Gaming pulled in around 53% giving it an A grade.

The Square Enix showcase...not so much lol
this is just fans of what they like voting though. I don't think either company did anything to convert preference tbh...As a Pony, Xbox showcase was pretty weak, as in I'm not eager to spend $500 to play the exclusives or make that my 3rd party machine. If you love Xbox, I'm sure boosting Gamepass value, even more, is a great show.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
lmao

I believe know that you saw it became clear why I kept talking about how it's not a high end title and that people should temper their expectations, why I was responding to the "Nioh FF" question with an "uh kinda but not really", and why I kept stressing that people could be into it "conceptually" as an M-rated Team Ninja FF.

It looked rough the last time I saw it but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Today's trailer looked just as rough, though. The only noteworthy difference is that it used to be a lot more gore-y. Hopefully this demo will help them improve things.

To play the devil's advocate for a second thougg, the game has some really interesting RPG systems with its magic and job trees that aren't shown in the trailer, so you might find it to be a little more than what the trailer implies.
The good thing is that we'll get actual playtime (well, not me lmao 😥) and we'll be able to judge the raw game today. Kinda excited to see it, even if I thought it was a really lackluster showing.

Do you know if FF XVI was ever planned to be shown today, if you don't mind me asking? I guess we're in waiting mode again, until Sony announces something...

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
this is just fans of what they like voting though. I don't think either company did anything to convert preference tbh...As a Pony, Xbox showcase was pretty weak, as in I'm not eager to spend $500 to play the exclusives or make that my 3rd party machine. If you love Xbox, I'm sure boosting Gamepass value, even more, is a great show.

Oh, I know, I'm not saying it's accurate or scientific by any means. All it does is give a broad look at how Geoff's Twitter followers were feeling after the respective shows ended. I was just posting it for fun, not to use it as some kind of objective metric to judge those shows (I, for example, preferred the Future of Gaming event to the PlayStation Showcase, but the grades for the Showcase were insanely high).

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the Xbox show, I would buy the console just for MFS and FH5. Square Enix lol one of the worst shows ever
Yeah this. I'm tempted to pick up an XSX at the end of the year, so I guess the Xbox conference worked for me LOL

Easily the best show this E3, but I guess that's not saying much when the competition is C H A O S

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Oh, I know, I'm not saying it's accurate or scientific by any means. All it does is give a broad look at how Geoff's Twitter followers were feeling after the respective shows ended. I was just posting it for fun, not to use it as some kind of objective metric to judge those shows (I, for example, preferred the Future of Gaming event to the PlayStation Showcase, but the grades for the Showcase were insanely high).
Yeah for sure...I was disappointed in all of it myself! lol

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
The good thing is that we'll get actual playtime (well, not me lmao 😥) and we'll be able to judge the raw game today. Kinda excited to see it, even if I thought it was a really lackluster showing.

Do you know if FF XVI was ever planned to be shown today, if you don't mind me asking? I guess we're in waiting mode again, until Sony announces something...

Assuming nothing changed: just wait a couple more weeks.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
sony expectations:
ff16
maybeeeee a new gow trailer
factions 2 reveal
new horizon 2 trailer with release date
new kena gameplay (maybe?)

gonna be a thin show i think

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Why does every publisher think they need their own show? Just have your big titles be part of a platform holders event. Some of these shows feel terrible because they simply don't have enough material to justify it.
Xbox was really a 2022 fest
I think that's not really true? Didn't they have quite a few fall 2021 titles? Halo, Forza Horizon, Age of Empires and some smaller stuff?

Seems really good to me. Obviously, a lot of what is shown in these events is going to be for the next year, that's just how it is.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
This might be the last E3 ever. Especially if Sony drops an event that by itself generates more engagement than all the other conferences combined (excluding Nintendo). And if that does happen, Nintendo is not coming back.

My prediction is Summer Game Fest is here to stay, E3 fades into obscurity, and all the big publishers target early summer as their hype month moving forward, but on their own timelines.
The way the ESA keeps dropping the ball I really wouldn't be surprised if it happened and if I'm honest, I wouldn't mind this at all. I assume it would be less stressful for the developers, too.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
After The Avengers, I wish they got someone other than Square Ennix :(

bloody-disgusting.com

[E3 2021] Square Enix Debuts ‘Marvel’s The Guardians of The Galaxy’; Coming October 26 to Consoles And PC

Square Enix kicks their portion of E3 off with a brand-new Marvel title in Marvel’s The Guardians Of The Galaxy, a single-player, story-driven 3rd person title. With the trailer coincidentally using “Holding out For a Hero” as in the trailer for Kevin Smith’s new Masters of The Universe show...

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming nothing changed: just wait a couple more weeks.

kMgBvKI.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.