• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Good day to you fine sir! I thank you for your insights. I understand the staff were inquiring with you about your earlier statements about Sony's Summer event, so I won't pry as that's their job. I might suggest though that if you've got a pending verification going on that it might be best to refrain from making suggestive posts until that's sorted out.

If you're a person who knows things then I welcome anything you wish to share and appreciate it. If you're not, then I wish you a good day :)

Just saw this after my post. Nifty!
Good luck :)

What did they post about the summer event?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
What did they post about the summer event?
Just that Sony was planning one, nothing really outlandish. Although that was months old and plans might have changed.

I just wanted to join Shinobi on the fun for tomorrow. I'll wait now unil my verification is complete so y'all dont freak out on me :)

Oct 25, 2017
If it is GoW being delayed or whatever would people really freak out about that? Almost everyone was expecting that to be 2022 anyway.

Oct 28, 2017
I for one cannot wait for expanded internal storage. Surprisingly it hasn't been PS5 games that's are the problem, as they're generally smaller and quicker to download but the PS4 games, like BFV from last months PS+

Gonna cost an arm and a leg, but hopefully there will be some kind of 4TB SSD that is compatible that I can put into the PS5 and never have to think about storage for the rest of the gen.

I am waiting for that sweet expanded internal storage as well. Tired of deleting games because of 90gb being reserved for other and games hitting 80 gb and up.

Also waiting on some sort of tempest support for everything that's not headphones. I would really like to try tempest through my soundbar rather then headphones.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Just that Sony was planning one, nothing really outlandish. Although that was months old and plans might have changed.

I just wanted to join Shinobi on the fun for tomorrow. I'll wait now unil my verification is complete so y'all dont freak out on me :)

Pull up a chair friend and wait with us to see what glorious, fantabulous, splendiferous surprises await us on Wacky Wednesday :)

Just remember that if your verification comes through that I knew you before you became famous so don't forget about me! :P

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
lol the last thing I want is fame. Just some fun teasing once in a while. Don't want anyone to get in trouble or say too much. Just a Sony fan like the rest of you!

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Say what you want, but I firmly believe he is teasing big disappointing news. Probably Horizon 2 in 2022
D6YKnzwUIAYzXIS.jpg

Ludi_Ludere

May 2, 2021
If it is GoW being delayed or whatever would people really freak out about that? Almost everyone was expecting that to be 2022 anyway.
Another question is why would Sony just announce that randomly? Why not wait for their next event and announce it there so the delay is mixed in with everything else, otherwise the only talk would be the delay.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This is starting to feel like that week that insiders hyped the all week, and we got nothing.

But this time we are the ones hyping up to end up getting nothing.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
So something special might happen between 5-14h from now? (Sony have announced things late before)

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I finished Uncharted 4 and while it was amazing again, i didn't recall the shooting being so...bad? Don't know why, but it just wasn't good. Rest of the game was amazing of course.

Next stop is Far Cry 5, started that before going to Intergrade.

Regarding the Hype:

Imagine Sony doing several SOP every week for every game instead of One big 90 Minutes SOP. Every week one SOP with a different game.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Guess we are back to people spreading FUD that PS5 is RDNA1.5. Console warring never stops.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Gifs are the new WMDs.

Could it be HFW day one on PS NOW? There was a slide with Horizon on PS NOW on the earnings report.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we are back to people spreading FUD that PS5 is RDNA1.5. Console warring never stops.
I looked it up and they are fighting the AMD CEO 😂
This whole thing started because of the recent AMD presentation.
What is wrong with some people? They have too much free time. Why does it even matter?

Last edited:

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
What is wrong with some people? They have too much free time. Why does it even matter?

I really dont understand the obsession with specs.
After R&C and Forbidden West how can anyone complain about the specs or care what the machine has or not, both look incredible.

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
That's why verified people on Twitter should think twice about posting things like that.
Tweeting that the AMD CEO is lying about RDNA 2 on PS5 is probably not the smartest move.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
The chips were fab the same year, and people still believe the whole bullshit on waiting for RDNA 2 lol

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I really dont understand the obsession with specs.
After R&C and Forbidden West how can anyone complain about the specs or care what the machine has or not, both look incredible.
Exactly lol

The chips were fab the same year, and people still believe the whole bullshit on waiting for RDNA 2 lol
Some people can't seem to let go.

That's why verified people on Twitter should think twice about posting things like that.
Tweeting that the AMD CEO is lying about RDNA 2 on PS5 is probably not the smartest move.
Yeah I saw that too, how is a CEO of a public company lying about their product?

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
That RDNA nonsense.
There is no RDNA 1.5.
AMD has RDNA 1 and 2.

RDNA is just a brand name of AMD, it isn't some kind of metric.

Seaweed

alt account
Banned
May 27, 2021
Gamers are legit embarrassing. PlayStation posts a vid on Twitter and first replies are always "lol but 120fps lol tlou2 sucks." Same thing with Xbox. "lol ps5 is better."

It's honestly peak immaturity. god forbid these are adults.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
I think the news has something to do with Mark Cerny. He has his hands free now and has probably been working in secret on Knack III with KojiPro. They're best buds.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Isn't that actually partially true though? PS5 doesn't support VRS for example, and it uses primitive shaders over mesh shaders

The latter seems to be tech adopted by everyone anyway. It's not really a big deal, but MS do have a couple of really cool features like sampler feedback (though idk if that's specifically exclusive to rdna2)

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Another question is why would Sony just announce that randomly? Why not wait for their next event and announce it there so the delay is mixed in with everything else, otherwise the only talk would be the delay.
Exactly lol.
Sure, of all things they're going to randomly announce the delay by itself right now just a few days after having their big SoP for it and saying it's still "on track" that they're already pushing it into 2022. It's highly unlikely.
It could be something else that'll be bad news but like you said even if they needed to do it for Horizon (I don't think they will end up needing to since I think the game is definitely coming this year as planned), since they haven't even announced an exact date yet they'd do it in the middle of other hype announcements.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021
Isn't that actually partially true though? PS5 doesn't support VRS for example, and it uses primitive shaders over mesh shaders
this is just an arbitary metric made up by concern troller though. rdna 2 is the name of an architecture not a set of features. in fact both xbox and ps5 are missing one of the key innovation of rdna 2 which is infinity cache, and both of its rendering backend have lot of rdna 1 design too. but u dont hear people say xbox is half rdna for that. or is it that vrs and primitive shaders are the qualifying factor? sound super arbitary. if vrs was exlcuded by ps5, it is most likely because it did not fit their api vision and not because of cost cutting measures as such. and we really dont know much about geometry engine's inner workings, which cerny stated is their pièce de résistance.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
this is just an arbitary metric made up by concern troller though. rdna 2 is the name of an architecture not a set of features. in fact both xbox and ps5 are missing one of the key innovation of rdna 2 which is infinity cache, and both of its rendering backend have lot of rdna 1 design too. but u dont hear people say xbox is half rdna for that. or is it that vrs and primitive shaders are the qualifying factor? sound super arbitary. if vrs was exlcuded by ps5, it is most likely because it did not fit their api vision and not because of cost cutting measures as such. and we really dont know much about geometry engine's inner workings, which cerny stated is their pièce de résistance.
True. We'll see anyway

Amazon UK had a PS5 drop this morning.
I managed to get one :)

I hope that this one doesn't have as bad coil whine, so I can sell my current model to my friend

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Ok if folks are gonna be teasing something possibly for later today I'll take some cracks at it...

1. Horizon Zero Dawn 60 FPS patch for PS5
2. Horizon movie or TV series announcement
3. PS5 big firmware update
4. PS Now revamp announcement, possibly also having something to do with Horizon
5. Horizon themed faceplates going on sale for the PS5

Those are my picks and I'm sticking with 'em dag nabbit!

Status
Not open for further replies.