• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
Yeah folders are the big thing that I miss from the PS4 UI.
Having uninstalled games in folders would be a game-changer for me. I could have my backlog games organized into folders without having them take up HDD space. I think Steam is probably the best example, not sure if anywhere else does it.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So I think this is so far all new stuff we know about right now

-New enemies that challenge you to play in a more diverse way
-A bunch of new skills and armor" that will let players get deeper into whatever playstyle they prefer.
-New landscapes and other vegetation that you haven't seen in Tsushima before
- haptic feedback and adaptive triggers for swordplay and the bow
-New Mythic tales and stories
- Japanese lip syncing
-Load times will be as fast as they can make them
-Difficulty will scale for Iki Island so no matter when you play it will be a challenge.
-Your horse can get armor now and has a new charge move
-3D audio will be used for things like the guiding wind and rain
-You will be able to travel freely between Iki Island and the rest of the map from the original game after a certain point.
-Iki Island will have new mini games
-Iki Island will have an animal sanctuary where you can pet different types of animals as much as you like
-Iki Island will have new trophies

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
I kind of wish the PS3 Collections of Jak, Ratchet and Sly could also get re-released on PS5. At this point, those are the only games I'm sitting on for why I'd hunt down a PS3 in the second-hand market. lol
That would be awesome. I hope that Insomniac will announce a collection of the old Ratchet games for the 20th anniversary of the series next year.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
So I think this is so far all new stuff we know about right now

-New enemies that challenge you to play in a more diverse way
-A bunch of new skills and armor" that will let players get deeper into whatever playstyle they prefer.
-New landscapes and other vegetation that you haven't seen in Tsushima before
- haptic feedback and adaptive triggers for swordplay and the bow
-New Mythic tales and stories
- Japanese lip syncing
-Load times will be as fast as they can make them
-Difficulty will scale for Iki Island so no matter when you play it will be a challenge.
-Your horse can get armor now and has a new charge move
-3D audio will be used for things like the guiding wind and rain
-You will be able to travel freely between Iki Island and the rest of the map from the original game after a certain point.
-Iki Island will have new mini games
-Iki Island will have an animal sanctuary where you can pet different types of animals as much as you like
-Iki Island will have new trophies

Thanks!

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Eh, dumb question, bit is there no way to report someone on Psn for things he said/did in a game, other than via the option in the game itself?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I like to point out that even small stuff can take time for devs

YOU'RE ADDING THE ABILITY TO HIDE THE QUIVER IN-GAME, WHICH WAS SUPPOSEDLY IN RESPONSE TO ONE SERIAL TWEETER? WHAT'S THE STORY THERE?

JC:
I know myself and Andrew, who's our Communications Director, and Sucker Punch, we all got a series of it from someone/people/a group, I'm not sure. But it was just a very commonly requested thing. And it's not that it was incredibly difficult, right? It just took some time and there's a whole bunch of stuff you've got to make. Honestly, it's kind of a blessing though, right? You make a game that people care about so much that, literally, this feature doesn't do much of anything other than impede them from being the visual representation of what they want to be. I think that's awesome. I think it means we've succeeded in some capacity, that people want to look a certain way and they don't want to have that quiver on their back. Now they can turn it off, and maybe they'll be ecstatic about that.
press-start.com.au

We Spoke To Sucker Punch About Creating New Player Experiences For Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut

We Spoke To Sucker Punch About Creating New Player Experiences For Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Awesome fighting animation choreography created with a PS4/PS5 software & hardware.

New Pig Detective demo is now available.
indreams.me

Pig Detective and the Beast of Boffington - DreamsCom Demo

The DreamsCom demo for the new Pig Detective game. No knowledge of previous games required. But bring nerves of steel. This one is scary! Release date: August 2023

Head-spinning 2D platformer is out now.
indreams.me

Purgatory Panic - DreamsCom Demo

Demo for my upcoming 2D platformgame. Running! Jumping! Walljumping! Spiral shaped worlds that spin around you! Short challenging stages! Soundtrack by the amazing landroid9000. Full version coming later this year.

Stylish vertical scrolling shoot-em-up.
indreams.me

Starfighter Gemini

Engage across six stages in the powerful DIOSCURI Mk.1 starfighter and collect powerups, parry bullets, and charge the devastating GEMINI system in this vertical-scrolling shoot-em-up! Full game / 6 stages / 13 bosses

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
Jeff Grubb (on his Giant Bomb show) has heard rumblings, not definitely (but more than when he just speculates or make predictions), that State of Play in September and Horizon: FW is getting delayed to 2022. I know not everyone here are big fans of Jeff Grubb, but his track record is pretty strong. He usually doesn't have much Sony info, but he seemed to actually have reason to believe what he believes, he's pretty clear when he's just speculating.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Jeff Grubb (on his Giant Bomb show) has heard rumblings, not definitely (but more than when he just speculates or make predictions), that State of Play in September and Horizon: FW is getting delayed to 2022. I know not everyone here are big fans of Jeff Grubb, but his track record is pretty strong. He usually doesn't have much Sony info, but he seemed to actually have reason to believe what he believes, he's pretty clear when he's just speculating.
I would say to make a thread, but if is just speculation probably better not.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Not hard to believe, John Harker said he heard about a September show back in June, and Forbidden West being delayed seemed likely since Sony isn't going to rush it and GG isn't known for crunching.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Yeah, I think it's not enough certainty for that yet, but it does give me reason to believe it as a definite possibility. Grubb was the one to leak the first PS5 showcase event.
He was more certian last year when it come to dates.
I don't think he leaked anything related to Sony this year, or if he did I don't remenber.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
He was more certian last year when it come to dates.
I don't think he leaked anything related to Sony this year, or if he did I don't remenber.
Yeah, this definitely seems less confident than last year so far, just that he has heard things. I don't think he has had any Sony info since then. Sony is close to leak-proof, it seems.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Seems like when he actually has anything to say about PlayStation at all it's usually something negative. Also, given Sony's record this gen, barely any insider has been accurate compared to what they've ended up actually doing.

Last edited:

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
Not hard to believe, John Harker said he heard about a September show back in June, and Forbidden West being delayed seemed likely since Sony isn't going to rush it and GG isn't known for crunching.
Guess it's time to strap in and not expect much news until September. I've honestly just finally got into a patient mindset, where I just don't expect news and am glad when it comes.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
That would be terrible. Sony needs at least another big Exclusive to close the year.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I wouldn't be surprised if HFW is 2022 but still crossing my fingers it can make 2021. Literally all the games I'm looking forward to are coming in 2022 other than SMT V

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
Someone heard rumblings, it is not definitely happening, but more then speculation ?

...What is that ?
I'll try to explain my best. Sometimes he speculates, which he honestly makes pretty clear, but people make articles about it like they are leaks. He was pretty clear this time that he has heard information, which I haven't heard him say about Sony all year.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I'll try to explain my best. Sometimes he speculates, which he honestly makes pretty clear, but people make articles about it like they are leaks. He was pretty clear this time that he has heard information, which I haven't heard him say about Sony all year.

Well, then he heard information about something happening.

It can be the case.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
4550W 4ea

Seems like when he actually has anything to say about PlayStation at all it's usually something negative. Also, given Sony's record this gen, barely any insider has been accurate compared to what they've ended up actually doing.
Honestly, I definitely see the bias at times, but he says good things about PlayStation all the time as well. It feels the only info about him that gets spread around here is when it has a negative connotation, because that riles people up more here. No one posts anything here if it's positive because that isn't interesting. If my memory serves right, the last time he leaked a Sony thing, which was last year, he was right.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Guess it's time to strap in and not expect much news until September. I've honestly just finally got into a patient mindset, where I just don't expect news and am glad when it comes.

Yeah no point in anticipating things too much when it comes to Sony.

The only things we know for sure in terms of gaming events is that we'll have Gamescom starting on August 25 and TGS on September 30. It's something lol

That would be terrible. Sony needs at least another big Exclusive to close the year.

They really don't. Would be nice if that was the case, but it's not like they need software at this point to sell whatever PS5s they can produce.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Yeah no point in anticipating things too much when it comes to Sony.

The only things we know for sure in terms of gaming events is that we'll have Gamescom starting on August 25 and TGS on September 30. It's something lol

They really don't. Would be nice if that was the case, but it's not like they need software at this point to sell whatever PS5s they can produce.
Obviously not for selling more consoles, as demand will remain high, but it can be a hard blow to their image. Right now they had a good release rate for exclusive games, but with the Horizon delay they will lose a lot of momentum. ( I still thinking that Fations 2 will release this holiday season).

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sony usually has a weaker second half and stronger first half so i wont be surprised, but i cant imagine sony being very happy about a Horizon delay.
I dont think Ratchet and Returnal will be enough to dominate the "end of year goty conversations" that Sony loves, and then they still end up with the same marketing issues that they suffered from last gen where games felt like they were announced too early if Horizon suddenly ends up releasing almost 2 years after the announcement for example, i hoped that their new strategy will finally have them get away from that as they stick to a 1 year schedule, but it sucks how much the pandemic still ended up messing with that.
I will still wait for official confirmation either way though.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People would get over a quiet holiday for first party software pretty quickly when the barrage of Horizon, Gran Turismo and God of War hit in 2022.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony is not going to push a game out to meet an arbitrary timeline. It looks like they're doing the same for showcases.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Same Jeff grubb that said microsoft wanted Starfield out this holiday season…yeah I'll take this with a grain of salt

not that I don't believe HFW will be delayed but this doesn't really confirm anything, these guys just need something to talk about on their podcast

it's such a boring template that insiders use now. 'I think this thing is gonna happen' if it does,' see I told you guys'. If it doesn't, 'I never said it was a sure thing I was just speculating'.

unless it comes from Schriere I don't believe it.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Honestly, I definitely see the bias at times, but he says good things about PlayStation all the time as well. It feels the only info about him that gets spread around here is when it has a negative connotation, because that riles people up more here. No one posts anything here if it's positive because that isn't interesting. If my memory serves right, the last time he leaked a Sony thing, which was last year, he was right.
What was the last thing he leaked about PlayStation?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Wonder if Sony is waiting for CoD to be in their show.
Because if that is the case, they might going to wait a bit more than they expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.